R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   tc4 making clicking noise (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/835107-tc4-making-clicking-noise.html)

NewXGen 09-07-2014 12:25 PM

tc4 making clicking noise

Hello I was playing with my tc4 in a parking lot today and out of nowhere it started making a noise about 10 mins into running it.it sounds like its coming from the rear of the car.. its a new car and this is the 2nd time ive brought It out to drive it only has about 20 mins runtime and now when I move the car forward it manually it makes a clicking noise. if I move it backwards manually it doesn't make to much of a noise. if I use the radio to drive it forward the noise is very noticeable when I let off the throttle. any ideas? the car runs fine but that noise is scaring me..

SpeedySST 09-07-2014 12:44 PM

Check the pin on the outdrive. Sometimes they start to come out and rub against the hub.

NewXGen 09-07-2014 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedySST (Post 13519225)
Check the pin on the outdrive. Sometimes they start to come out and rub against the hub.

im not sure what that is but I will google and check it for sure.

goots 09-07-2014 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by NewXGen (Post 13519316)
im not sure what that is but I will google and check it for sure.

Also check for debris on the spur or pinion

NewXGen 09-07-2014 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by goots (Post 13519329)
Also check for debris on the spur or pinion

I have the tranny open as we speak I don't see anything that is loose or anything. I am gonna clean the dirt . I will google the spur/pinion cause I really am new to this but am eager to learn. thanks for the advice if anyone has anymore input lmk please while I have this tranny out. I will assemble after cleaning around the tranny and let you guys know what happens

NewXGen 09-07-2014 02:52 PM

same noise after reassembly. could it be the brushed motor making the noise? when I have the car in the air and I spin the tires I don't hear the noise at all.

big al 09-07-2014 03:19 PM

Loosen the motor cam and rotate the motor away from the spur. This will help you track down the noise. Spin the motor and tranny separately, by hand.

NewXGen 09-07-2014 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by big al (Post 13519453)
Loosen the motor cam and rotate the motor away from the spur. This will help you track down the noise. Spin the motor and tranny separately, by hand.

ill try that now

NewXGen 09-07-2014 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by big al (Post 13519453)

I removed the motor from the chasis and rolled the chasis and nomore clicking noise. I ran the motor out of the car and I don't hear the it as bad but I do think its coming from the motor