R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-18-2015, 07:16 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairless_ape View Post
If they're nothing more than a counterfeit factory then please direct me to your bluetooth dongle and the accompanying Android & iPhone esc programming apps.....

tyreguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:11 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
what is your FDR?
My FDR is at 3.1

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:54 PM   #18
Tech Master

Isn't SkyRC one of the larger OEMs and contract manufacturers in China?
patorz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

As far as I know (Or base on some guessing).
G-Force is a Japanese Company who is seeking/Designing and branding good RC OEM stuff and make them under its product range. it is quite similar to Muchmore Racing.
It also sponsor top RC drivers even from the beginning.
So there is no doubt they will take some very good OEM products from SkyRC and develop their own software and UI, etc.
Just regard it as another Muchmore like company then.
The difference between SKYRC and G-Force:
G-Force ask SKYRC to OEM some of their products and publish to market.
SKYRC is a brand launched by China OEM factory and publish its product (Which they may already OEM to other company, but due to very little or no patent/copyright protection in China. They can do this at its OEM price and without worry about punishment by law...),Because the price is so low and there will be little or no customer service, warranty .etc.
So, Basically, it is good for customer in short term but SKYRC is killing the RC industry in long run...
::Your Local Dealer for::VBC Racing::BittyDesign::Team Powers::ArrowMax::Blitz Bodies::R1 Wurks::Trinity RC::Team Zombie Batteries::and more...
sashimi999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:35 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The G-force dealer comes in to slam SkyRC/Toro and defend G-force. Can't imagine what the motivation is there?

Next time be up front about your affiliation. That's what an honest man would do.
hairless_ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:44 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Correct I sell G-Force products. So???
I just telling you what I know about and at some point, I state it is base on my estimation somehow.
::Your Local Dealer for::VBC Racing::BittyDesign::Team Powers::ArrowMax::Blitz Bodies::R1 Wurks::Trinity RC::Team Zombie Batteries::and more...
Old 01-19-2015, 10:49 PM   #22
Tech Adept

I did not question about the quality of SKYRC products.
But just strongly disagree the way they do business.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:03 AM   #23
Tech Master

So a company that builds and developes "stuff", that will sell you that "stuff" with your company name on it if you buy enough, is wrong for selling same said "stuff" with there own name on it?

As for customer service I had a Toro 1S (Gen 1) that I screwed up when soldering smaller gauge wire on it (Over heated something inside) my LHS Great Hobbies Edmonton sent it back to Sky RC for repair, Sky Rc Replaced it no charge. Their stuff is pretty good. I think all these little guys are upset that an OEM decided to sell their stuff with their own name on it.

Ordering products which you had no hand in development from a OEM with your company name on it is a bad way to to business. Eventually everyone finds out who really makes it and will decide to cut the middleman out.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:10 AM   #24
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patorz31 View Post
Ordering products which you had no hand in development from a OEM with your company name on it is a bad way to to business. Eventually everyone finds out who really makes it and will decide to cut the middleman out.
And yet nearly every motor and speedo on the market is exactly that and people keep buying them.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:20 AM   #25
sbd
Tech Regular

Similar experience here. I got TORO 120A from rcmart. After soldering it, it worked 3 pushes of the throttle. I contacted rcmart claiming DOA warranty. They requested to sent the esc back. It took 2 months to get the esc back to me, but withing this this time rcmart had sent the esc to the factory where they repaired the ESC. Yes, repaired - no exchanged. I got the same esc back with even the same box in perfectly working condition. The SKYRC factory even has online repair ticket tracking system.

I am not sure, why anyone should consider G-Force developed anything in this ESC - apart from the branding logos and letters.
sbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:51 AM   #26
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

SkyRC does stuff for a LOT of other companies out there too. A lot of the protec items from Amain hobbies are made by Sky RC as well.

The only issue with Sky RC is that they dont have a distributor and to get repairs you must send them back to Sky RC and it slows down the time for the customer. Which is not really a bad thing as long as the customer is OK with waiting for the repairs. They do stand behind their products though from what I have seen.

The GForce line is the same stuff obviously. But with being the distributor here in the US all the warranty is handled by me so the customer has less wait time for any repairs if needed. So far there hasnt been a lot of issues though. The disadvantage is the prices are slightly higher because they do use a distributor for their products. Some people willingly pay for the extra customer service in case of an issue and some choose not to. That choice is fully up to the consumer.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:10 AM   #27
Tech Master

In Canada, Great Hobbies handles warranty at the store for Skyrc if you have an issue it is settled right away. In my case I knew I screwed it up so I asked for it to be sent in for repair I knew it would be a little longer that way but hey such is life when the fault is your own.
They big thing that gets me are the guys selling rebranded stuff coming on Rctech trying to make the OEM look bad. You know SkyRc just rips off designs and their stuff is crap my stuff with a different sticker,logo and 30% mark up is better...yada yada yada. I think they fail to realize how stupid they sound....

Eric you have never done that which is why you have my respect and respect of many, many people in the hobby.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:33 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patorz31 View Post
In Canada, Great Hobbies handles warranty at the store for Skyrc if you have an issue it is settled right away. In my case I knew I screwed it up so I asked for it to be sent in for repair I knew it would be a little longer that way but hey such is life when the fault is your own.
They big thing that gets me are the guys selling rebranded stuff coming on Rctech trying to make the OEM look bad. You know SkyRc just rips off designs and their stuff is crap my stuff with a different sticker,logo and 30% mark up is better...yada yada yada. I think they fail to realize how stupid they sound....

Eric you have never done that which is why you have my respect and respect of many, many people in the hobby.
Things like these always seem to find a way to go astray.

Look at the OP, the question was is GFORCE and SKY the same as hobbywing? The answer is no.

These are non Refutable facts:
1. Hobbywing is an OEM company
2. Sky RC is an OEM company
3. Sky RC copied the V3.1 initial design and software. They then sold them to a bunch of companies. GFORCE bought these from Sky RC without really knowing they were copies.
4. Sky RC has further developed their software.

Now as to what is right or wrong, you guys are welcome to interpret as you deem fit. Angelo's comments where done in such way because Hobbywing is (understandably)upset because another company is profiting from their R&D. This is one of the reasons why intellectual copyright law is so important, it is unfortunate this is not the case in Asia.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:45 AM   #29
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by banquer View Post
Hello Guys.
Don't know if your are concerned about this two brands.
If you see it's catalog, appears to be "equal", but one compay if from Japan and the other one from China, like one produce for the other with "re-sticking then".
Do you have any info about compatibility of his softwares of ESC's, hardware, etc...
Regards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Sky RC esc are not made by Hobbywing, per Angelo (Cobraracing). They are for all intentive purposes clones (copies). Yes the software is interchangeable, but they are made with lower grade components.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Things like these always seem to find a way to go astray.

Look at the OP, the question was is GFORCE and SKY the same as hobbywing? The answer is no.

These are non Refutable facts:
1. Hobbywing is an OEM company
2. Sky RC is an OEM company
3. Sky RC copied the V3.1 initial design and software. They then sold them to a bunch of companies. GFORCE bought these from Sky RC without really knowing they were copies.
4. Sky RC has further developed their software.

Now as to what is right or wrong, you guys are welcome to interpret as you deem fit. Angelo's comments where done in such way because Hobbywing is (understandably)upset because another company is profiting from their R&D. This is one of the reasons why intellectual copyright law is so important, it is unfortunate this is not the case in Asia.
Actually, the OP had no mention of Hobbywing, you are the one that brought that into the discussion.
SLOWINSLOWOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:45 AM   #30
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by banquer View Post
Hello Guys.
Don't know if your are concerned about this two brands.
If you see it's catalog, appears to be "equal", but one compay if from Japan and the other one from China, like one produce for the other with "re-sticking then".
Do you have any info about compatibility of his softwares of ESC's, hardware, etc...
Regards.
Did I miss read the first post? I don't see Hobbywing mentioned anywhere. They guy asks about SkyRc and G force. Middle of the second page a G-force dealer comes in and questions the practices and quality of SkyRc. I commented on that.

As for the whole hobbywing thing couldn't care less. In the End Skyrc factories and Hobbywing factories are both probably owned by the Chinese gov't. So who cares.