R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 2014 U.S. Indoor Champs, Cleveland, OH November 27th - 30th

The U.S. Indoor Champs committee is pleased to announce we will be hosting the 2014 U.S. Indoor Champs in Cleveland, Ohio from November 27th to November 30th. This is the 35th anniversary of the Champs and we are proud to help continue this Thanksgiving weekend tradition. We invite you to attend the hotel race that invented the concept of hotel races. We are currently working out the last few details but wanted to give you an update on our progress and what you can expect from the Champs in 2014.

The Holiday Inn Strongsville has again agreed to hold our event and they are looking forward to our return. This fantastic facility has everything we could desire AND it is the airport hotel. This means that you could fly to Cleveland and the hotel will shuttle you back and forth as needed. And if that isn’t enough, I’m sure Ken Miller’s minivan shuttle service would be more than adequate.

We are keeping the entry fees the same as last year, $65 for the first and $60 for each additional class. The new negotiated room rate will be $81 a night (only $2 more than 2013), which is still a great rate. Shortly, the Holiday Inn Strongsville’s management will be providing us with a group discount code and a hyperlink to make your hotel reservation process easier. We will post this information as soon as we receive it. If you prefer, you still can call their reservations department directly at 1-440-238-8800 and reference the U.S. Indoor Champs to get our special rate.

If you have any questions, concerns, or problems contact me via PM here, or email us at [email protected]. Please visit/like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/USIndoorChamps for updates. Threads on RC Tech and Hobbytalk will also be updated.

Classes
USGT – USGT rules (National Points eligible race)
VTA– USVTA rules (National Points eligible race)
F1 – UF1 rules
WGT – 13.5 Blinky
TC – 17.5 Blinky
TC – 13.5 Blinky
TC – Mod Open
1/12th – 17.5 Blinky
1/12th – 13.5 Blinky
1/12th – Mod Open

We will have the beginners’ class again this year if enough interest is shown.

Please mark this one on your calendars. We will have many more details to come shortly, so stay tuned for when the world desends on Cleveland!

-Sean
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Champs 9-11-14online.pdf (431.7 KB, 239 views)

Last edited by Hustler; 09-11-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:27 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

Perhaps I will be loved and not forgotten this year?
VTA TQ Award is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

excellent! looking forward to it.

Village Idiot Racing - Now accepting driver applications.
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Excellent, missed last year, won't let that happen again.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And so it begins again!!! There are other hotel races, but this is the Granddaddy of them all. A 35 year tradition of amazing competition, and camaraderie. Thanks again to Sean Bushnell, Ken Miller, and the ever jubilant John Peoples for keeping the legacy alive. Believe me, this is a daunting task, and I for one appreciate all these guys do to provide a great event.

If you have never been to the Champs, here's your chance to experience a race that helped to forge the legends of carpet racing in years gone by, like Joel Johnson, David Spashett, Chris Doseck, Josh Cyrul, Mike Blackstock, Paul Lemieux, Mike Dumas, Barry Baker and countless others. This race has ALWAYS been the real deal as far as top-notch competition is concerned.

I encourage all of you to attend. A great deal of factory support, combined with a heritage that is unmatched, makes this a killer event. Take part in keeping RC history alive!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Good news, It was my first big race back in 2004, still have my C main winning trophy here. Always had a good time out there, it should be my 10th year this year. Thank you guys for keeping this race alive and looking forward to racing with you.

do you guys plan to change last years layout ? It seemed like it was sort of fast even for stock classes with Mod 12 doing 6.4 and stock tc doing 7.8. Seemed to me like last year we didnt use enough of the racing surface with such a big sweeper on and off the straight and open infield.

Just my 2 cents

See you guys in November

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keven H View Post
Good news, It was my first big race back in 2004, still have my C main winning trophy here. Always had a good time out there, it should be my 10th year this year. Thank you guys for keeping this race alive and looking forward to racing with you.

do you guys plan to change last years layout ? It seemed like it was sort of fast even for stock classes with Mod 12 doing 6.4 and stock tc doing 7.8. Seemed to me like last year we didn't use enough of the racing surface with such a big sweeper on and off the straight and open infield.

Just my 2 cents

See you guys in November

Thanks Keven,

Yes we will be changing the layout, currently working on several ideas. We are planning on 40x84 track (12.2 meters x 25.6 meters for you ) we are painstakingly trying to optimize all the racing surface and make for a challenging enough course yet it must also be Touring friendly and lend it self to some good racing opportunities.

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED

Last edited by miller tyme; 08-27-2014 at 04:01 PM.
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:18 PM   #8
Tech Elite

yes!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:36 PM   #9
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

//BOOM//
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:32 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

who remembers the first year for touring cars ? 98.. and the stair case, a-arm eating chicane.. that was fun
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:30 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice!
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:52 AM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Looking forward to this one!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:23 AM   #13
Tech Master

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:14 AM   #14
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

/\ hahah /\

I'm in!
Old 08-28-2014, 10:19 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22

looking forward to making this race for my first time.
Juwan Hunter http://rccarworld.com/............ serpent.com
Track director at RCCW.
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote