Wiki Posts
Search

2014 U.S. Indoor Champs, Cleveland, OH November 27th - 30th

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WAYNE SR
the track was like off road sub floor was all wrong cars were air born all over the whole track! Many broken cars!! Trinity sent there PROS TO run stock class so they get more TQ S & win s TO SELL NEW MOTORS!! Thank you for Killing the SPORT!! HOPE NO ONE BUYS YOUR MOTORS!!
Did you race the event? Because I did, and none of this stuff got me down.

Yes the track was bumpy. But we all adapted and still had great racing. Once everyone got their cars sorted out I didn't hear much, if any, complaints about the track. On top of that, the track smoothed way out by the time mains rolled around.

The layout was really fun, the grip was mega, the competition was stacked, and I think just about everyone had a good time.

Ken, Sean and John put on an amazing event and kept the tradition alive for its THIRTY FIFTH anniversary. Kudos to them, Alex, All the volunteers in tech, the NORCAR crew, the people who setup and tore down the hobby shop, and anyone else involved.

Don't disparage these guys who put in the effort out of genuine care and passion for the hobby. they deserve better after hosting such a great event. Kudos! See you next year!

Old 12-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nomaak
Thanks can't wait to see vids
any eta on the video?
Old 12-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Fantastic Race

I wanted to say thanks to the team that put on this great event. It was a lot of long hours and sleepless (practically) nights and I can only imagine how much time is put into this event leading up to when we all arrive.

We have been coming for four years now and each year we see it growing. We had good representation across manufacturers - Associated, Awesomatix, CRC, HPI, Serpent, Speed Merchant, Tamiya, XRay and Yokomo. We hope to see this grow in future years. It was also nice to see Trinity field a strong group of drivers.

The racing was great with excellent performances in all the mains.

Andrew, Corey, and I can't think of a better way to spend American Thanksgiving than racing at the US Indoor Champs.

Thanks again,
Ian (Andrew Hardman's Dad)
Old 12-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

the track was like off road sub floor was all wrong cars were air born all over the whole track! Many broken cars!! Trinity sent there PROS TO run stock class so they get more TQ S & win s TO SELL NEW MOTORS!! Thank you for Killing the SPORT!! HOPE NO ONE BUYS YOUR MOTORS!!
Sounds like we have next years construction foreman and spec motor class developer volunteer!

Mike Slaughter
Old 12-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'd almost say I liked the bumps. It was a good exercise in setup and driving. The people who figured it out were rewarded, and that's a basic premise in racing. It looked rough on some of th pancars, though, but watching the mod 1/12's fishtail in the sweeper was entertaining!

Many thanks to the crew for all the work! I loved the layout.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

part of racing is racing the track and adapting to whatever the track calls (REMEMBER THIS IS A TEMPORARY SUB FLOOR ASSEMBLED BY VOLUNTEERS ON A SPONGY BALLROOM CARPET IN ONE DAY!!) yes the track was not perfect and we stayed late many of nights trying to improve the surface to make it better and make for better racing. all the drivers steeped up the setup game and the cream rose to the top always.

if a manufacture wants to spend there money stacking a class with top pros that's there propriety and if races are pissed at this because they have the well i cant win now mentality then they may as well stay home and there spot can be filled with a driver that will be glad to say they ran within 2 tenths of a multi time national champion.

so if you don't like the event STAY HOME and cause trouble somewhere else many of other drivers will gladly fill the empty spot and have a great time racing door to door and having boat loads of fun.

every year this event will get better and better and sometime in the quest to make it better we take a step backwards but we will learn from this and improve on it next year all in all a good event for our second go round.

sleep deprived, blistered handed and sore backed rant over see you guys next year
Old 12-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Default Photos Posted!

I just posted all the photos that I took to both Flickr and Facebook.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/248956...7649153725008/

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=9b4ef118de

Snowy.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Default photos.

Huge thank you to Sean, John and Ken for setting this event up!

Congrats to the Top Qualifying drivers. I unfortunately could not stay for all of the mains.

Track Layout

Pits and racers.

Kids racing a 1/12 scale spec. Note the fuzzy slippers.

NORCAR On site Hobby supplies

Clean Pits: WOW!

Not clean pits...

Friends having fun!

Snowy.

Last edited by Essnowyt; 12-01-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Wink

Looked like a Killer event

Grats to Josh for the Sweep

Bumpy you say ...
Attached Thumbnails 2014 U.S. Indoor Champs, Cleveland, OH November 27th - 30th-og-cleve.jpg  
Old 12-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Snowy, those last pics 'Friends having fun' that's what it's all about.

As for the "bumps" it was actually dips, and most every one agreed that for the most part it was not upsetting the cars much despite the appearance, but I guess the one complaining loudest would not know that since he actual was not a participant, but to those watching the live feed who PM or asked who was making all the "comments" during the racing it was him sitting right under the video/mic feed.

The competition was tough and many racers stepped up their game, it was good to see for the most part very good clean fun racing. All the serious wrenching mixed with the good natured smack talk in the pits made for a great atmosphere.

I'll go public right now before any more misleading info is spread and say Team Trinity had 0 financial connection to the event in any way shape or form. As the person handling motor tech I can say it was a fair event for all, and while I will not give specifics I will say I refused a total of 4 motors for various reasons and those covered 4 different brands.

And I'd also direct everyone to the results graciously linked by RC50.com
http://www.rc50.com/results/2014cleveland/
As for Josh Cyrul running stock, check out the actual results, yes he TQ'd and won but he did not walk away with it. All 10 cars in the A main were seperated by 0.15sec on fast lap and 1 1/2 lap split from Josh Cyrul in first to Damon Converse in 10th, I guess I fail to see the problem there. And frankly I feel racing that close over 10 people and 8 minutes makes great racing.

In addition we welcome any and all constructive criticism and ideas. We do ask though that if you are addressing any thing that could be deemed by some as bashing to please respect them and contact us through private channels.

We are already addressing corrections and improvements for next year, so stay tuned to us on facebook and a new thread here for the 2015 edition in a few months

Last edited by miller tyme; 12-02-2014 at 05:37 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Well I guess that's it, you win sir. Ken, Sean, and John should just kill the race for good. 35 years was a nice run but we can't be killing the hobby with a 31 heat race, a great atmosphere in the pits, kids and even whole families racing, and random police officers using their radar guns on the mod cars. Its a gol-darned shame.

On the other hand, I personally had a great time.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Wow, I was really annoyed that for a second year in a row I was going to miss this great event due to last minute changes in my work schedule. All the posts I read and conversations I had with participants were about people having fun, great racing, and an all round great event that the volunteers who bust their ass to pull this off should be proud off. And then I see ^^^this^^^, perhaps there is somewhere or something else you could find to contribute your time and energy to.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Essnowyt
Huge thank you to Sean, John and Ken for setting this event up!

Congrats to the Top Qualifying drivers. I unfortunately could not stay for all of the mains.

Track Layout

Pits and racers.

Kids racing a 1/12 scale spec. Note the fuzzy slippers.

NORCAR On site Hobby supplies

Clean Pits: WOW!

Not clean pits...

Friends having fun!

Snowy.
What do you mean not clean? That was the best my pit looked all weekend. LoL
Old 12-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Fun times

Here is a pic that says how much fun we had and thanks to all that made this happen
Attached Thumbnails 2014 U.S. Indoor Champs, Cleveland, OH November 27th - 30th-image.jpg  
Old 12-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Was the track perfect? No, but it was the same for everyone. Im sure its not easy to build a whole track in only a few days and get it perfect, and im also sure the guys will learn and apply for next year. It was a fun layout with good grip. Set the cars up and drive. I recall seeing someone ask Josh about the bumps on facebook. His reply was something like thats what we have suspension for

Overall I had a good time and hope I can attend next year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.