R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-01-2014, 09:57 PM   #46
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I think it's great that some racers are having fun trying different combinations, I myself have experimented with 380 motors and LiFe batteries in my 12th cars in the past. That is loads of fun, the rub is when someone decides to push for a change that creates new classes and splits what is a small class already. I think that three classes are enough, stock (17.5), sportsman (13.5 or boosted 17.5), and mod.
Sponsered by:

CMDezigns Paint Works
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:17 PM   #47
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RacinJ View Post
The rules must be written to attract new racers. Without new drivers coming into the sport / hobby it will die. We canít always base the rules on what the established drivers want.

Basically, if you are into 1/12th scale you are into 1/12th scale. We need to bring new drivers into the class. The motor choice needs to be able to be driven by new drivers.

A reasonable and stable battery and motor rule that is friendly to new comers is very important.

A standard ďGlobalĒ rule set is very important. It allows racers from anywhere in North America or the world to travel to a race and know that they can race without having to purchase track specific equipment for a one off event. This is a great way to grow interest and promote 1/12th scale racing in general.

I love to see new threads on RCTech regarding 1/12th scale because it means that 1/12th isnít fading away. Iím never going to knock anyone for bringing up a new idea. This is just my thoughts on motor and class rules.

I agree with RacinJ's statements

1/12th is known for its simple setup, simple maintenance, and low costs (IMHO), compared to TC classes

RC Rules & Regulations have always been amended, revised, and modified from time to time. Any new provisions introduced after considering 2 salient factors, among others, (1) the development of RC products & technology, and (2) the general / popular interest from the market / hobbyist.

1/12th is one of the oldest EP Class being raced internationally - around early 80s by IFMAR (cmiiw). They couldn't last long if the governing body, IFMAR, does not consider the aforementioned factors.

At the present, we note that there are growing variant of classes of 1/12th, i.e., =
  1. BRCA 1/12th - GT12 (with GT Bodies) - in UK
  2. JMRCA 1/12th - 21.5 / 2S Lipo - in Japan

These 2 classes are invented to promote the ideas of 1/12th for beginner, and have become quite popular (in their respective countries).

I'd never close my mind for any new ideas which supports the promotion and development of this class
Clawhammers is offline   Reply With Quote