Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I need help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default I need help!!!!

Hi to everybody, I am a driver of electric car onroad and offroad, my country it is Italy, my name is Davide
Sorry for my English!

I am here to write you, over that to know you and because I need help.

I have always raced the inside competitions to my club with discreet result but from when I have begun to go out of my club for international race ,I realized than my experience with setup is very very low and I want to improve it!!
I would like to improve, but the problem is than the people than race with me are not expert and they have less experience than me!!!
I’m searching manuals that can serve to me to study what I must to do with my car and his setup.
Is the same to return at school eheheheh!!!

Does none of you have some of material to send me?...... critiques, explanations, translations, some written text, ecc.ecc.

I want to know what all the changing in my car (camber, ride heigh, caster, arm mount height, roll center, ecc… ecc…) done in my car.
I know what is camber, I know what is arm monunt height...ecc ecc...I DON'T know WHEN I must change it, what they do in my car, what the car react whan I change all the setting..... do you understand??
Ok thanks and bye bye!
Old 09-05-2005, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

First thing that would help is to know which car you are running!

Second all of the kits now have int he manuals a section that has all of the info. you are asking.

Third at your local track if you have a "GOOD" set-up already you should be able to make the different changes and feel what each does for you and your kit on the tracks that you run on. Remember how each change affeted the car at your local track and then apply that to new tracks you attend after a few packs on the new track.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXEGG9&P=ML

Great start and since you can type english pretty good, You will understand much from that guide..
It is a great start.
Also I would say go to a track that holds more competative type races. Basicly if you can go to a track that has better talent than your own then you can approach some of the better racers and ask questions...
I am still a sportsman level racer and I still get asked lots of questions from Beginners all the time. It doesn't bother me either. I take it as a very nice compliment..
If you can not go to better races than I would say.. After reading the info in that book than go to your track and make changes as per the instruction and try all the different adjustment to make your car handle right for you.
If you get stuck go into the tread of the car you drive and ask the questions there as those guys know more about your car than other would...
Hope this helps,
-Shookie <><
Old 09-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The XXX Main guide is fantastic. Also, a very good guide for FREE is Hudy's, that can be downloaded here in English:

http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/showfile.p...252739b1ad8c24

and in German:

http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/showfile.p...84431ad9d055af

Hope this helps. Also, try the website of the manufacturer of your car to get more model-specific tuning tips and try different setups from their top drivers.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:32 PM
Tech Rookie

VERY VERY fantastic!!!!
This is what i was searching!!!
Thanks very much ALL anf if you know another of this manuals tell me!!!!

I have Associated TC4 factory and my brother Yokomo BD!!!!
bye bye