Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #121
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittjv View Post
Looks good! Good luck. Stop posting pics... You're giving away your setup. lol

- Jose
Doesn't matter now, I won't be taking the 418 to IIC. Bringing the Awesomatix because it's .3 faster in stock and super stock out of the box. The 18 is just a car to smash in mod practice at home.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #122
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Doesn't matter now, I won't be taking the 418 to IIC. Bringing the Awesomatix because it's .3 faster in stock and super stock out of the box. The 18 is just a car to smash in mod practice at home.
Syndrome, do you think the Awesomatix is quicker in stock because of the shaft drive, the low cog suspension/chassis or a combo of both?

Is it generally accepted to be quicker in the blinky classes or are you speaking only from your own findings?

Tamiya/Team Associated/Orca
d16dcoe45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:48 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
How good can a car really be if they lose TQ to an Xray on asphalt?
This is a good point. But then again, this is home track for this Bruno guy. He's more of an off road driver than anything though!

Fastest guy at my track drives a T4 as well though
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #124
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d16dcoe45 View Post
Syndrome, do you think the Awesomatix is quicker in stock because of the shaft drive, the low cog suspension/chassis or a combo of both?

Is it generally accepted to be quicker in the blinky classes or are you speaking only from your own findings?
I think this is generally regarded by anybody who is serious about stock racing to be a fact. From both my own experience and that of many others. The car carries so much speed through the middle of the corner and stays so flat that it's stunning. I don't know why. Companies like XRay think they know, and are copying ideas (look at Xray's ARS as an example) but they haven't figured it out yet.

Don't just take my word for it though. Check the results of races the past year, especially indoor. IIC could easily have 10 AMX cars in the 17.5 a-main.

Anyway, sorry to take the thread in that direction. Are there any new sound bytes from my hero Rheinard about the 419?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #125
Tech Elite

Well, he boldly stated at the end of round 4 he would TQ round 5 and then did.

He also said the blokes in the D main need to stop hitting the boards. The chubs are still weak on the new car and they leave sharp debris on the track.

That kind of thing?

Old 08-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #126
Tech Master

1-2 finish for the TRF team with 3 TRF in the top 5.

Great result, looks like yokomo will need to step up.
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:03 PM   #127
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Tamiakomo started to shine during the last couple of qualifying rounds and a little bit during the finals. I think Jilles has figured out how to make the chassis work. Interestingly, he was interviewed immediately after his winning A3 run. He mentioned the 419 chassis was much better than the previous 418 model. Very well, those comments could of been damage control after Marc's earlier comments. All I know is that Tamiya has a lot of work ahead of them before the worlds. This weekend Tamiya's top guns couldn't match up against only one Yokomo top gun. The worlds will be a proving ground for Tamiya and their crew, since they'll be up against a host of Yokomo aces. Hara, Meen, Naoto, and the list goes on.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #128
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
The Tamiakomo started to shine during the last couple of qualifying rounds and a little bit during the finals. I think Jilles has figured out how to make the chassis work. Interestingly, he was interviewed immediately after his winning A3 run. He mentioned the 419 chassis was much better than the previous 418 model. Very well, those comments could of been damage control after Marc's earlier comments. All I know is that Tamiya has a lot of work ahead of them before the worlds. This weekend Tamiya's top guns couldn't match up against only one Yokomo top gun. The worlds will be a proving ground for Tamiya and their crew, since they'll be up against a host of Yokomo aces. Hara, Meen, Naoto, and the list goes on.
They looked very good in the challenging conditions to me.

Last edited by frozenpod; 08-24-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:33 PM   #129
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Volker won the 1st 2 mains, and thus the event according to Marcs FB page

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:35 PM   #130
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post

I think they looked pretty good. Also if you can deal with Ronald at this time, you can probably deal with them all.
napoleon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:04 PM   #131
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
Volker won the 1st 2 mains, and thus the event according to Marcs FB page
Sorry late night I must have looked at the wrong results.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:13 PM   #132
Tech Elite

Ronald Volker took A1 on the last lap. Second last corner actually. He and Bruno were on new tyres and weren't going to be caught.

MR was fast charging in A2 but clipped Bruno going for 2nd. He let him go, and that in turn let volker scamper away. Bruno then fell back through the field and stopped.

So two from two for Volker so he sat out the third. Job done.

Interestingly, apparently Volker and others were practicing in Spain on this track a few weeks ago, the TRF boys were all in Florida instead, but it also rained a lot. Poor call to win the euros, but maybe a good call for the worlds.....
Old 08-25-2014, 09:37 AM   #133
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The way the races played out was very interesting. Volker was his normal self, but Gilles was extremely fast in A3. If he had not rolled during his best qualifying run, I believe he would have been on pole. So many factors go into these races, and luck also plays into things. From what I saw I do believe the TRF drivers will have a good chance to bring the fight to Volker in Florida.
For those of you that watched the coverage, did I understand the TRF tire strategy that they were putting on new fronts and old rears and then new rears and old fronts? During the MR interview he mentioned this strategy, is that something new or have teams experimented with that before?
Onroad - TRF 418 Samix VTA/TRF 419 USGT
Mitamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:36 AM   #134
Tech Regular

Tamiya TRF 419

Some closer look

Old 08-26-2014, 02:10 AM   #135
Tech Fanatic

WOW, is that my 418....or 417v5?

I know it is all the small changes that matters, but when you buy a new kit, replacing a 8 month old kit, and you can't tell the difference.....I know it is hard to bring revolution each year, but still.