R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-26-2014, 06:49 AM   #46
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Does anyone know the primary differences between the 14 and 15 models?
M3Roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:13 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Roc View Post
Does anyone know the primary differences between the 14 and 15 models?
Off the top of my head;

Narrower chassis
Lipo's more rearward
Asjustable camber gain (was a mod you had to do yourself before)
Centre pivot has changed and has greater range of movement.
Come with 'long shock' conversion which can be fitted.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:35 AM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I built my 2015 last week, the machining isn't absolute perfect but went together smoothly without any hinder. the steel steering pivot issue is corrected after actually having the car on my hand, I felt that orange doesn't look so bad. hopefully the color don't scratch off too quick.

I got my car 3 weeks ago however I didn't start building immediately because I got a new servo for it. The new servo is BLS671svi which is ~3mm narrower than any 1/12 servo of previous generation (eg:Futaba s9650, KOpds-951...) as shown in the image below.

As you can see, one end of the servo up to the spline are almost identical but the other end is shorter. The holes for servo mount was design around PDS-949 so I can only attach the servo mount on one side and tape the servo to chassis. It was absolutely fine but having friend who can CNC chassis for much lower price I have his copy a chassis and make a few change for me.
my car was built using the custom chassis which is exactly the same except one side of the hole for servo mount was made into a slider that I can now using either old or new 1/12 servo of my like. I also reduce the front width by 2mm to give sharper cornering. the car handle great. my 2014 also have reduced front width but the new car has better turn in and out. the rear moving battery and forward shock mount give larger room for electronics.

I absolutely love the new car, my tract time improve without too much changes to the setting. the tire wear is good, less coning than previous model. hopeful Xray can make the servo mount semi slider to fit more choice of servo. the battery can move forward by 1.5mm as the power pug is too close to the side tube and will hit each other during deep compression of canter shock
Attached Thumbnails
XRAY X12 - 2015 Specs-pa020215.jpg   XRAY X12 - 2015 Specs-pa020216.jpg   XRAY X12 - 2015 Specs-pa030218.jpg  
Old 10-09-2014, 05:49 AM   #49
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker View Post
I built my 2015 last week, the machining isn't absolute perfect but went together smoothly without any hinder. the steel steering pivot issue is corrected after actually having the car on my hand, I felt that orange doesn't look so bad. hopefully the color don't scratch off too quick.

I got my car 3 weeks ago however I didn't start building immediately because I got a new servo for it. The new servo is BLS671svi which is ~3mm narrower than any 1/12 servo of previous generation (eg:Futaba s9650, KOpds-951...) as shown in the image below.

As you can see, one end of the servo up to the spline are almost identical but the other end is shorter. The holes for servo mount was design around PDS-949 so I can only attach the servo mount on one side and tape the servo to chassis. It was absolutely fine but having friend who can CNC chassis for much lower price I have his copy a chassis and make a few change for me.
my car was built using the custom chassis which is exactly the same except one side of the hole for servo mount was made into a slider that I can now using either old or new 1/12 servo of my like. I also reduce the front width by 2mm to give sharper cornering. the car handle great. my 2014 also have reduced front width but the new car has better turn in and out. the rear moving battery and forward shock mount give larger room for electronics.

I absolutely love the new car, my tract time improve without too much changes to the setting. the tire wear is good, less coning than previous model. hopeful Xray can make the servo mount semi slider to fit more choice of servo. the battery can move forward by 1.5mm as the power pug is too close to the side tube and will hit each other during deep compression of canter shock
Slider servo mount is a great idea.
I had Sanwa SRG-HR with X12 and X12 2014 and I drilled and made a countersunk hole for the servo.
You could remove front overhang by cutting chassis from the front and doing a separate CF plate for body posts. I did it for many Xray pan cars. Works better if the track is bumpy.

Hope that your new CF chassis is somehow similar to original xray chassis and doesn't flex too much/ or from the wrong places.
Destiny&V-Dezign 1:12- Sanwa M12s - Xray XB4 2016 - Xray XB2 - Team Orion R10.1 Pro & Sanwa Super Vortex Zero - Team Orion Vortex & Muchmore & Reedy BL motors - Sanwa servos
Peakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #50
Tech Initiate

Guys being new to 12th scale. I have a performance/setup (have Xray 12 14 spec) questions. What role in setup/performance does the diff play in regards to how tight it is?

Thanks,
Zo
RC America - Hudy/Xray - Express Motorsports - Hyperdrive - BSR - Novak - Xtreme RC Racing - Boca Bearings - USVTA Member#123 - Xray fan boy
Engineering is like math.....Only louder.
alonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #51
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonzo View Post
Guys being new to 12th scale. I have a performance/setup (have Xray 12 14 spec) questions. What role in setup/performance does the diff play in regards to how tight it is?

Thanks,
Zo
Download the Xray Xii setup book, it should contain most of the knowledge you need for tuning X12.
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...d4b506bf70842d
personally I hold right wheel and spur gear while trying to rotate the left wheel using thumb and index finger. if it doesn't turn it should be tight enough for me (I run 4.5t turbo) The tighter the diff, the more power transfer to the ground during acceleration. hence a little more oversteering out of corner.
according to CRC manual, the ideal diff should be a diff that is loose as possible without slippery on heavy throttler of the power of your choice

hope this help
Old 10-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #52
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New shock

I was wondering if the centre shock is the same length as the 2014 version ?

If it is then I could add the new 378071-O Alu Shock Adapter
to my 2014 centre shock .

Could anybody measure the length of the 378071-O Alu Shock Adapter in mm ?

Thanks
stical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #53
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker View Post
Download the Xray Xii setup book, it should contain most of the knowledge you need for tuning X12.
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...d4b506bf70842d
personally I hold right wheel and spur gear while trying to rotate the left wheel using thumb and index finger. if it doesn't turn it should be tight enough for me (I run 4.5t turbo) The tighter the diff, the more power transfer to the ground during acceleration. hence a little more oversteering out of corner.
according to CRC manual, the ideal diff should be a diff that is loose as possible without slippery on heavy throttler of the power of your choice

hope this help
It does. Thanks!

Zo
RC America - Hudy/Xray - Express Motorsports - Hyperdrive - BSR - Novak - Xtreme RC Racing - Boca Bearings - USVTA Member#123 - Xray fan boy
Engineering is like math.....Only louder.
alonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:28 PM   #54
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stical View Post
I was wondering if the centre shock is the same length as the 2014 version ?

If it is then I could add the new 378071-O Alu Shock Adapter
to my 2014 centre shock .

Could anybody measure the length of the 378071-O Alu Shock Adapter in mm ?

Thanks
the shock is identical except color, Hagberg used old shock with new adapter in ifmar 2014 race
Old 10-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Ollie Jeffries had a silver shock with the new lengthener on his car at Worlds as well.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Won 1/12 stock at iic please post a set up so i can get mine going
jason cheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #57
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nitronut3

I know their is alot of variables going into gearing but i havent raced a 1/12 in over 5yrs, and never a brushless one. What is a decent rollout/gearing to start with? i have a Revtech kilshot 17.5 and a Orion 1s esc.
Thanks,
Old 10-19-2014, 02:51 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

As general as possible try 90% of full timing on the motor geared at 98 mmpr for any 17.5. You may end up going up 10% in both timing and gear to find the sweet spot or you might be right on it.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #59
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Hiro Seiko Screw kits for the X12-15 in stock finally!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #60
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to CraigX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason cheng View Post
Won 1/12 stock at iic please post a set up so i can get mine going
IIC 12th Scale Stock winning setup for X12'2015

Feel free to ask any questions here.
Attached Thumbnails