Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 08:35 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the info.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by disaster999
How rare is it for Xray to have missing parts in their packaging? I just got the kit in the mail and Im missing the caster spacers and reactive caster position holes.

I emailed Xray about it and just waiting for their reply, but want to see if anyone experienced anything like this from Xray.

Pretty bummed out to receive the kit just to find out I have to wait longer before I can go racing.

We are sorry to hear you are missing part from your kit. All products go through extensive quality control to ensure that customer receives the best quality product. However, in some rare cases like this one a mistake can happen. Please, contact the hobby shop where you have purchased your kit or your national distributor and they will let you know how to proceed to get replacement for the missing part.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by XraySupport
We are sorry to hear you are missing part from your kit. All products go through extensive quality control to ensure that customer receives the best quality product. However, in some rare cases like this one a mistake can happen. Please, contact the hobby shop where you have purchased your kit or your national distributor and they will let you know how to proceed to get replacement for the missing part.
WOW, that's pretty weak.

If you are the XraySupport, how about providing details on who specifically (website etc listings for certain locations/phone numbers/names) of National Distributor. I can tell you after purchasing 4 Xray kit TCs, not one had parts missing but in the unlikely event I would like at least a Hot line to call for my area.
As far as the hobby shop being the responsible party, I have had zero luck in getting them to even acknowledge a missing part on other type of purchases. Hope to hear of some additional remedies.

PS, this is what I get led to when trying to get XRAY in America, and then it is "temporarily closed" for additional option parts that the hobby shop doesnt want to carry/order.

http://www.teamxray.com/xshop/index....1b75c5b974d899

Last edited by regets ama; 12-01-2014 at 11:43 AM. Reason: sp
Old 12-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by regets ama
WOW, that's pretty weak.

If you are the XraySupport, how about providing details on who specifically (website etc listings for certain locations/phone numbers/names) of National Distributor. I can tell you after purchasing 4 Xray kit TCs, not one had parts missing but in the unlikely event I would like at least a Hot line to call for my area.
As far as the hobby shop being the responsible party, I have had zero luck in getting them to even acknowledge a missing part on other type of purchases. Hope to hear of some additional remedies.

PS, this is what I get led to when trying to get XRAY in America, and then it is "temporarily closed" for additional option parts that the hobby shop doesnt want to carry/order.

RC America (rcamerica.com) is the USA distributor, they are always very helpful

I always get fast response from calling: (214) 744-2400
Old 12-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

First time 1/12 racer here....what is a good starting point for gearing with a 13.5 blinky mode and about a 90' straight on the track??
Old 12-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Diff Balls
First time 1/12 racer here....what is a good starting point for gearing with a 13.5 blinky mode and about a 90' straight on the track??
I always start at 85mm for any track change then adjust from there.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Diff Balls
RC America (rcamerica.com) is the USA distributor, they are always very helpful

I always get fast response from calling: (214) 744-2400
It is just that easy, THANK YOU for sharing.

Hope "Xraysupport" gets the message too.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Regional Moderator

Im wondering how people get 70 or 85mm rollout on their X12

With the stock 96T spur gear, the largest pinon I can fit is a 30T. and the rollout with new tires out of the box is only 48mm

I searched high and low around my local hobby shops and the smallest spur gear I can find with 12 diff ball holes is a 90T and that brings my rollout to 61mm with a 36T pinion. Still far from the 70mm I was recommended.

The optional 78 or 76T spur gears are always out of stock and none of my local hobby shop carry them =(

And also, an update to the missing parts for my X12, Xray emailed me back saying they will replace the missing parts for me and told me to contact my local distributor. I emailed them and the replacement is ready for me to pick up. Pretty painless process.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
Im wondering how people get 70 or 85mm rollout on their X12

With the stock 96T spur gear, the largest pinon I can fit is a 30T. and the rollout with new tires out of the box is only 48mm

I searched high and low around my local hobby shops and the smallest spur gear I can find with 12 diff ball holes is a 90T and that brings my rollout to 61mm with a 36T pinion. Still far from the 70mm I was recommended.

The optional 78 or 76T spur gears are always out of stock and none of my local hobby shop carry them =(
Oh yeah I definitely don't run the stock spur gear. I run a Xenon 80 tooth with between a 48 and 52 pinion (based on tire size).

I got mine from Reflex Racing.

Luke
Old 12-02-2014, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Was told by Dave Spashett, use a 76t for stock and an 88t for mod.

Should cover all bases with some suitable pinions.
And the Kimbrough spur gears keep the diff balls 'captive' so they don't fall everywhere when dismantling the diff.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by XraySupport
Thanks, I got in touch with your support team and my local distributor and the missing part is ready for me to pick up.

Originally Posted by regets ama
WOW, that's pretty weak.

Its really not the hobby shop's responsibility, but if the shop is anything half decent and the people are friendly and willing to help, they could help you get in contact with the local distributor and Xray for you to get your missing parts. I think for the fastest turn around time, just email Xray about your situation and CC your local distributor.

This minimizes the confusion of them acknowledging the missing parts and replacing it for you.

My local distributor didnt question anything, they doubled checked with Xray and had my part ready for pick up within a day.

Originally Posted by lpittman
Oh yeah I definitely don't run the stock spur gear. I run a Xenon 80 tooth with between a 48 and 52 pinion (based on tire size).

I got mine from Reflex Racing.

Luke
Thanks, Ill keep an eye out for any extra small spur gears. Dont really want to spend the extra money for international shipping.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Any 1/8th ball pan car spur should fit. I would think hong kong would be full of such things.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Regional Moderator

I dont think we are that big on pan cars. Of all the LHS I went to they dont stock any of the spur gears that small. Smallest I found was 88T.

I think the biggest reason for not needing such an extreme gearing is because we dont need to run blinky mode. Turbo and boost are welcome on the tracks.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jason cheng
spur gears with the 3/32 balls will not work with the stock axel only gears with 1/8 inch balls will work with the stock axle or graphite X-ray axel
but the 3 mm ball diff spur don,t work?? kawada ones..
Old 12-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Kimbrough Products make spur gears that fit with stock diff balls. I run the 76 tooth (#199) in 17.5T class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.