Search
Like Tree1Likes

GT Body choices....and why?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default GT Body choices....and why?

Looking for some input on GT bodies and why you've chosen the one you're running.

Currently I'm using the 190mm E46 M3, but I've only been back racing RCs for about 4 months so I have no experience with any other GT bodies currently on the market.

I'm considering the Mercedes SLS, the Audi R8 and a 911 Porsche. Any input will be greatly appreciated......and pics of your GT cars would be great too.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey bud, comb through this thread, you might find some cool ideas:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rc-bmw-m3.html
Old 08-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Go to the USGT thread. There is no "Magic" body. Any and every body style has been run successfully. Pick a body you like, and tune your chassis to it.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mooby64
Go to the USGT thread. There is no "Magic" body. Any and every body style has been run successfully. Pick a body you like, and tune your chassis to it.
Not that I'm looking for the 'magic' body as much as I'm interested in what others run and why they made their choice.....this is more a discussion thread than a 'information for benefit' thread.

Evo13, I've been through the BMW thread, even posted pics of my RC BMW in it.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'll be using the McAllister Jaguar for my USGT car...

The why is because I just designed some detail decals for it so I want to use them...
Old 08-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the most popular gt body here in the north west (seattle area) is the protoform ZL-1 camaro. i feel it handles very well and has plenty of front downforce for steering. and it looks good.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Tamiya 2009 bmw gt lw, best neutral feeling body, plenty fast on the straights.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse
Not that I'm looking for the 'magic' body as much as I'm interested in what others run and why they made their choice.....this is more a discussion thread than a 'information for benefit' thread.

Well if it helps any, I'm doing speed runs with the BMW m3 e92, and that thing stays on an arrow at high speeds. I like it because the body is short in length and very nimble. I can drive the cars hard with it, unlike the Porsche 911 that always fishtailed under acceleration. I ran that porsche shell with a mugen mtx5 and a serpent 747 nitro, and it didn't hold up well for either. Lastly, I'm building another speed run car for the Mercedes SLS shell; I hope it handles well because that body is nice!
Old 08-16-2014, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evo 13
Hey bud, comb through this thread, you might find some cool ideas:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rc-bmw-m3.html
Thanks for the press Bud!

Yeah you posted a great string of classic M-Cars and a couple of nice RC bodies.

For the GT bodies I have always went with what ever moved me of I wanted to feel like driving. As mentioned I would just tune the chassis to make it handle as best I could..... No rhyme or reason other than I liked it

You may have seen them in my thread already, and you asked us to post pictures so here are my current GT Cars. an E92, E46 & E30 M3,

Old 08-16-2014, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

I really like the HPI NSX, but sadly, it has been discontinued. I tried an Eclipse and found it to be a nice neutral handling body.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mooby64
I really like the HPI NSX, but sadly, it has been discontinued. I tried an Eclipse and found it to be a nice neutral handling body.
Found a pic of the Saleen S7R and quickly found out it too has been discontinued.... I wonder what it would take to get them back into production?

Viper, what wheels do you have on your E46? Are the 24mm or 26mm, and what tires are you running on them? thanks.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Found a pic of the Saleen S7R and quickly found out it too has been discontinued.... I wonder what it would take to get them back into production?

Viper, what wheels do you have on your E46? Are the 24mm or 26mm, and what tires are you running on them? thanks.
Local drivers that ran the Saleen have switched to the McLaren F1 LM. Handles about the same.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The wheels are made by Correct Model I got off ebay, they are available in 3, 6 & 9mm offsets. I bought a few sets as they look so scale. They are mainly for show, as the Jacos are planned to be used for running. The seller is berkshire99 out of the UK.

The tires are also from the same seller off ebay as I bought a few sets of different wheels, some with tires, some with out,

This is my McLaren F1 body, it handles great and really sticks to the road, in spite of the the few blow overs I'v had at +73mph

Old 08-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm considering the Mercedes SLS, the Audi R8 and a 911 Porsche. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Get the car that puts a smile on your face when you see it driving around the track, thats the point of the GT classes.

I've run several, but of them I like the looks and handling of the R8; comared to most bodies the windshield is forward and wide putting downforce on the front wheels causing more steering than most bodies, and since that suits my driving style I like that body.

The 911 window is narrower so less agressive steering, looks great with balance.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This is my all time fav body but it looks like HPI is not making it any more....Lotus Elise

Next would be any of the Tamiya NSX bodies which are even harder to find.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Lotus.pdf (169.4 KB, 148 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.