Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2014 Halloween Classic @ NORCAR! >

2014 Halloween Classic @ NORCAR!

2014 Halloween Classic @ NORCAR!

Old 11-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Well as cool as that was what about when one of the other mod 1/12 cars flew off of the track and a spectator caught it and threw it back down to finish the race. That was sweet! 1/12 go must faster on the ground the in the air.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nwagner
I'd give my left testicle for a video of Cyrul vs Hebert 1/12th mod qual.
I have about 30 seconds of one of the mod qualifiers. I don't remember what round but Kevin and Josh we're only a few corners apart.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

The comments on here about the guys that ran mod and shouldn't have are kinda funny. First, Andrew, Keven, Josh, Chicky, etc all started in slower classes and improved so much that they went to mod. And there are guys that dominate stock, but doesn't mean they should move to mod either. Fact is there is more competition in stock. Think there was a D main in 17.5, this was the first time in years that there was a B main modified class. So if "weekend warriors" want to run mod, have at it, just stay out of the faster guys way, as they did. The only way newer modified drivers will improve is to race with the best, just like stock drivers. Come to think about it, I should start racing mod. Saying I was in the B mod main instead of the C stock main sounds a little more impressive. Brb, off to order a 4.5 motor, a lot of arms and knuckles to prepare for champs.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam B
The comments on here about the guys that ran mod and shouldn't have are kinda funny. First, Andrew, Keven, Josh, Chicky, etc all started in slower classes and improved so much that they went to mod. And there are guys that dominate stock, but doesn't mean they should move to mod either. Fact is there is more competition in stock. Think there was a D main in 17.5, this was the first time in years that there was a B main modified class. So if "weekend warriors" want to run mod, have at it, just stay out of the faster guys way, as they did. The only way newer modified drivers will improve is to race with the best, just like stock drivers. Come to think about it, I should start racing mod. Saying I was in the B mod main instead of the C stock main sounds a little more impressive. Brb, off to order a 4.5 motor, a lot of arms and knuckles to prepare for champs.
No need to order one, I'll sacrifice one just to watch
Old 11-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Every time the crying starts about the top guys running blinky another class is created... Soon enough we will have 8-10 different 12th scale classes with 8 guys in each class.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's the other way around, Adam. The original comment was about Mod guys running in 17.5 and 'beating up' on the weekend warriors.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Oops, oh well. Same comments stand basically. There are racers running all classes that people think should move on, from spec 12th to any class.

Ken, I have done dumber things. And after that post I remembered I have extra ESC, motor, car... Everything I need to have a car ready for some practice before champs, lol.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Oops, oh well. Same comments stand basically. There are racers running all classes that people think should move on, from spec 12th to any class.

Ken, I have done dumber things. And after that post I remembered I have extra ESC, motor, car... Everything I need to have a car ready for some practice before champs, lol.
Not dumb, put it together, I'll run with you at the gates next club race..
Old 11-04-2014, 05:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'd give my left testicle for a video of Cyrul vs Hebert 1/12th mod qual.
Originally Posted by elee32
I like your enthusiasm...
i agree (all but the giving up the balls). i aspire to not suck like those guys some day.

i'm not sure what to say w/ people calling me a fast guy. this is really odd.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonesy112
Im also curious who exactly you were referring to. Of the few guys running both stock and mod, none of them I would consider a top level mod driver. No one that has won major races in mod was running stock.

As Mr Stewart pointed out, it was some fast stock guys running mod. As a chance for them to get to run with the likes of Herbert, Cyrul, and Hardman. And trying our best not to get in there way. Thats how we get faster, how we become better drivers and evolve in the sport. Did Klingforth, Woods and Hanulec show up as a "elite mod driver" that wanted to "pick on the stock guys". No, they didnt. They are super fast stock guys that want to better their skills, and running a 5 turn indoors will do that. The fact all had some decent success doesnt mean they are too good to all of a sudden run stock. I would think any stock driver that is serious about getting better would want to race the current stock ROAR national champion and IIC winner. Not flame him and want to disclude him so they can finish one spot higher.

Is there a hell yeah, button?
Old 11-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Come to the Champs in a few weeks! I think Kevin is coming and I know I'll be there ready to go. I'll also get myself back driving with the Pivothead glasses. Those always made for some cool videos.

As far as running 17.5 Blinky, I really don't mind it. I like racing anything/everything plus the extra track time helps me catch up to all the true "pro" drivers these days. I'm not just racing as I was years ago so any laps, mod or super stock or stock, really help me out a lot.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Did the points (for those that are in the points race) get submitted to Kevin and Rob? I gave the RD my membership # but it never was put on the race result sheet's.

David Franklin #175

Last edited by Indyonroad; 11-05-2014 at 11:55 AM. Reason: ....
Old 11-06-2014, 04:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

does anyone have the 13.5 1/12th results? id like to see my lap times (and count up the blow outs..)
Old 11-06-2014, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hanulec
does anyone have the 13.5 1/12th results? id like to see my lap times (and count up the blow outs..)
Huh, yea odd 13.5 was omitted in the results. I'll take a look next time I'm at the track. (sat or could be later)
Old 11-11-2014, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Huh, yea odd 13.5 was omitted in the results. I'll take a look next time I'm at the track. (sat or could be later)
Sorry Hanulec, no-go on the results. Looked for them on saturday, they mustve been lost when the crash occured during the mains.

You were tops in my book if it helps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.