R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Speed Passion ESC always out of stock - alternatives? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/827242-speed-passion-esc-always-out-stock-alternatives.html)

theclutch 07-28-2014 07:48 AM

Speed Passion ESC always out of stock - alternatives?

Are Speed Passion ESC's EVER going to be in stock? The SP Reventon Pro or 1.1 has been out of stock forever. Aside from Tekin, which I already have 3 of, what other "great" ESC's are out there? I'm willing to try something other than Tekin which is why I looked into the Speed Passions. But at this point, it's been several months and it's not acceptable. What's the holdup? Does anyone know?

liljohn1064 07-28-2014 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by theclutch (Post 13429342)
Are Speed Passion ESC's EVER going to be in stock? The SP Reventon Pro or 1.1 has been out of stock forever. Aside from Tekin, which I already have 3 of, what other "great" ESC's are out there? I'm willing to try something other than Tekin which is why I looked into the Speed Passions. But at this point, it's been several months and it's not acceptable. What's the holdup? Does anyone know?

http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/revento...-black-silver/

is in stock @ Speedpower.

chris moore 07-28-2014 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by liljohn1064 (Post 13429405)

I have seen the pro version at several on-line spots, however like you I was just in this spot and could not find the 1S version anywhere. I was told that due to low demand that there are no current plans to restock the 1s EX, so I went with the hobbywing instead.

theclutch 07-28-2014 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by liljohn1064 (Post 13429405)

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like they do have the silver one in stock, but not the blue one. Also, looks like they carry Hirosaka branded items! Great!

However, would you happen to know where this company is based out of? I've never heard of them before until now. I am weary of websites that do not show any phone numbers or physical addresses. Given that part of my work involves cyber security, I'm very weary of just "sending my info or credit card information" to untrusted sites. Once you send your credit card info to Russia or China, (or outside of the US to me), you're screwed.

CL 07-28-2014 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by theclutch (Post 13429454)
Thanks for the heads up! Looks like they do have the silver one in stock, but not the blue one. Also, looks like they carry Hirosaka branded items! Great!

However, would you happen to know where this company is based out of? I've never heard of them before until now. I am weary of websites that do not show any phone numbers or physical addresses. Given that part of my work involves cyber security, I'm very weary of just "sending my info or credit card information" to untrusted sites. Once you send your credit card info to Russia or China, (or outside of the US to me), you're screwed.

I've ordered a Reventon Pro 1.1 ESC/Motor combo a couple of weeks ago, and I received it within that week. I had no issue with them when using paypal. They are the US warehouse for Speedpassion if I'm not mistaken.
Remember to use the coupon code on their home front page to get more discount.
http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/

liljohn1064 07-28-2014 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by theclutch (Post 13429454)

Chicago, IL USA.

bertrandsv87 07-28-2014 09:50 AM

You can always find the Novak Pulse V2 in stock or the Novak impact esc for 17.5t blinky racing.......

Originally Posted by theclutch (Post 13429342)

liljohn1064 07-28-2014 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 (Post 13429644)
You can always find the Novak Pulse V2 in stock or the Novak impact esc for 17.5t blinky racing.......

Reventon R, Reventon S, Reventon Club Spec, Hobbywing Justock. Just to name a few more. And at Novak's price, I can have at least 3 of each of the others.

And yes I have run the Justock and the Reventon S for blinky, no looking back. I currently have 5 Justocks and 2 Reventon S models. I've had GTBs and GTB 2s. I still have one in my Son's VTA car, but it is big and bulky. I've run Tekin RSs in boosted, blinky 1S and 2S configs and while very good, aren't worth it for stock racing. Spend the extra money you save on good batteries.