Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Who makes the best tweak station? >

Who makes the best tweak station?

Like Tree3Likes

Who makes the best tweak station?

Old 03-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Who makes the best tweak station?

Give me your opinion on who you think makes the best tweak station for the dollar.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

I have the mip one now and it has been pretty good but since I have had it for like 3 years and it is wearing out I am also in the market for a new one.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default .

http://www.teamirsrc.com/tweak.html looks like a very nice but $$$ tweak board.

I just use a flat surface and an exacto to eyeball my tweak. Not perfect but it's free.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

I have been using the Integy Laser tweak board and it is very good and easy to use. . All you do is just use the laser to line the other side of the board up. Speedtech RC has them.
http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/75.html
Old 03-11-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

The MIP is a fine tweak board for a very reasonable price.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:04 AM
Tech Rookie

check this one out
click here
Old 03-11-2004, 05:38 AM

Check out www.daltonshop.com on tips and tricks for S710 on droop/tweak subject.. You might not needed to buy one.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

I use Integys Laser station after my MIP's water bubble leaked out all the "water" after about 2 months..
Old 03-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by shortygy
I have the mip one now and it has been pretty good but since I have had it for like 3 years and it is wearing out I am also in the market for a new one.
I have one, I'm interested to know how exactly it's wearing out? thanks
-Rob
Old 03-11-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Adept

I prefer the ones from the U.S. mint. They come 50 to a pack(commonly known as pennies; can also be replaced with nickels, dimes and quarters). The only other item needed is a sharp knife(ex. xacto).

For those that don't know this method you put a penny near the top of both front tires in the same location on each side. You then slowly lift the front of the car with a sharp knife and the first penny that falls indicates that side to be light. You then adjust untill both pennies fall at the same time. This works extremely well with any 2 wheel drive vehicle especially 12th scale.

In many cases I've found it to be more accurate than the MIP station and I trust it so much I sold my MIP station several years ago because I quit using it.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Rtolle writes
For those that don't know this method you put a penny near the top of both front tires in the same location on each side. You then slowly lift the front of the car with a sharp knife and the first penny that falls indicates that side to be light. You then adjust untill both pennies fall at the same time. This works extremely well with any 2 wheel drive vehicle especially 12th scale.
Do you tweak your 12th scale only testing the front? What about the rear?
Old 03-12-2004, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally posted by RTolle
I prefer the ones from the U.S. mint. They come 50 to a pack(commonly known as pennies; can also be replaced with nickels, dimes and quarters). The only other item needed is a sharp knife(ex. xacto).

In many cases I've found it to be more accurate than the MIP station and I trust it so much I sold my MIP station several years ago because I quit using it.
Doesn't work so well for touring cars though Ryan Integy works great for TC's. Ryan's method is perfect for anything that's 2wd.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default Who makes the best tweak station?

Guys;

I have the Integy Laser tweak station and it does a excellent job.

My only complaint would be of the Bubble Vial for leveling. Even with the newest version it is almost impossible to find center. I've been using a separate machinist level to set-up the tweak station before placing my Car(s) on it.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow ... I have the integy one and I hate it... its laying in the basement.... if any one wants it PM me.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

pm sent

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.