R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-11-2014, 11:57 PM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
Yeah I figured the formula has been run before. I've had the opposite opinion about the short shocks and had a decent but not fantastic performance as I did with my Version 1 R10. So as of late I started using my long shocks and my cars are turning with more corner speed and better predictability. The suspension using short shocks didn't seem to travel like long shocks no matter what spring rates. But to each is own.
I hear ya. Did you ever try drilling your caps when you had the shorty's? Im up to trying it again with the longer shocks but up here its only a couple of practice runs and then the race begins. Need more time with it.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:17 AM   #62
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah i did drill my caps. Outdoor asphalt, the shortys felt great but not perfect. Indoor carpet the shortys let me down a bit as I struggled for corner speed and smooth rotation.

Soon I will get a 2015 conversion ,but for now I figure might as well focus on long shock as this platform is headed back in that direction.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:08 AM   #63
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Yeah I figured the formula has been run before. I've had the opposite opinion about the short shocks and had a decent but not fantastic performance as I did with my Version 1 R10. So as of late I started using my long shocks and my cars are turning with more corner speed and better predictability. The suspension using short shocks didn't seem to travel like long shocks no matter what spring rates. But to each is own.
Check out arc driver on Facebook for a tip I found out about the shorty shocks. The pistons are too large and don't allow enough flow (too much pack). The 15 piston now comes smaller as standard. The shorty pistons are around 11.05 mm. You need to sand them down by spinning the piston on the shaft in a Drexel to 10.95mm. From memory the 15 pistons are 10.90 mm

I could not believe the difference gained an easy 0.2 per lap on a 12 second laptime
Old 08-12-2014, 07:52 AM   #64
Tech Master

Quote:
Yeah i did drill my caps. Outdoor asphalt, the shortys felt great but not perfect. Indoor carpet the shortys let me down a bit as I struggled for corner speed and smooth rotation.

Soon I will get a 2015 conversion ,but for now I figure might as well focus on long shock as this platform is headed back in that direction.
I only get to race outdoors. It made a difference for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe View Post
Check out arc driver on Facebook for a tip I found out about the shorty shocks. The pistons are too large and don't allow enough flow (too much pack). The 15 piston now comes smaller as standard. The shorty pistons are around 11.05 mm. You need to sand them down by spinning the piston on the shaft in a Drexel to 10.95mm. From memory the 15 pistons are 10.90 mm

I could not believe the difference gained an easy 0.2 per lap on a 12 second laptime
Brad is the man. I saw that posting and I will try it on a spare set of shortys. I did use your method to get a free spinning spool and also applied that technique to the rear diff as well. No more binding at all. Good job!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #65
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
seriously considering this car. i now cal my awesomatix the breaksomatix. i break it at least one qualifier per race day. tired of that. i really like it but its fragile. ive gone back to my 6.1 a few times just for the durability. since kody knudsen is now a team driver and he can get them thru hobby velocity im considering purchasing one. would like to see closer pics though. cant wait to see kodys car in person.
thinking about selling the 2013, that and a upgrade kit and your set.. btw this is the car I used last year in VTA and I know you liked it.
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #66
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEZY View Post
Cool thanks Kody, I saw the video of your mod car, pretty impressive. Do you know when that car is going to be released/how much more it will be. I dont think i want to go the black route since the shocks are still plain. IDK maybe thats the route, depending on price. Thinking about coming back before IIC. but not sure yet since will have to buy those parts. Most of the new cars come with those stock now.. thanks again!
IMO from past IIC races, the traction is so high, your not going to want the split blocks, you won't be looking for added traction but instead you'll be dialing traction out, my first night with the 2013 on low to med bite carpet it was a flip monster with the stock setup. And if the 2015 is better it'll be fine outta the box, maybe get the alum chassis as a option. but that's just my opinion, others may vary..
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #67
Tech Fanatic

Had my first chance to race the 2015 this past weekend...what a ride! Car handled beautifully with no more than a couple small changes from stock setup. The car is amazingly smooth and predictable...not even looking back, simply the best decision I've made.

Blitz GSF...nuff said. Although I'd highly recommend a little thicker than .5mm
Old 08-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002

Next back of 2015 cars should be in next week.

Black Edition week after that -- I think I saw someone ask for price, most likely looking at $470 for the Black Edition

I took of few pics of Kody and Mike's (Carnage9270) cars at the Summer Sizzler last weekend I will post.

From all reports the longer big bores and new bulkheads are really a great combination. (Even though I have to say I like my 2013 on asphalt at the Sizzler).

Thanks for the support everyone -- more and more people are starting to notice the brand
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #69
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002

nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:11 PM   #70
Tech Master

Installed some aluminum turnbuckles, ball studs and screws up top. Also replaced the 10 gauge wire from esc and put 14 gauge. My car lost 75grams of weight. My car weighs 1371 now. Sorry this is my 2013. Will post pics later!
Old 08-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

watched carnages car today running in 17.5. looked like it was on rails. absolutely beautiful transition from left to right. the amount of body roll was on point. car looked fantastic. i had considered not selling my awesomatix car but now im pretty convinced this will be a great car for me. handled all the bumps and lumps the track could throw at it with absolute grace.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #72
Tech Master

Hey Nick, can you post up when the upgrade kits are in? Might just give it a try. thx
Old 08-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #73
Tech Fanatic

Wewt black editions in stock in the US...all over it.
https://www.facebook.com/HobbyVelocity
Old 08-22-2014, 12:44 PM   #74
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys, what's the largest pinion (64p) you can put in this car with a 96T spur? Trying to look for a nice combo to run 3.5-4.0 fdr.
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:53 PM   #75
Tech Fanatic

In order to get there with a 96T, you will need to grind the motor tower a bit.

Here's a pic of the area to grind.
Advance R/C Car R10 2015-accr102042_1.jpg
You only need to grind out the area where the pinion will touch the tower. Its actually a fairly narrow area and the screw attaching the motor bulkhead does not pass deep enough into the area you grind.