Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

http://www.quantumracing-rc.com/inde...productId=4266

in stock here
Old 08-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

So what made people choose this over the other cars out there? Inquiring minds are curious
Old 08-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

ARC uses resilient plastics and coupled with a reliable drive train and suspension, makes this car very consistent. It will run the same laps again and again and will not get out of shape much. I have to say the durability/stability of this car is excellent and will be great in the hands of novices. But with a few tweaks, more steering can be added for very aggressive steering. I do recommend the aluminum turn buckles and some alloy screws to reduce the weight a bit but besides that. The box kit is usually pretty dialed.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redbones
So what made people choose this over the other cars out there? Inquiring minds are curious
some people just want to try something different i guess.....also been talking to a team driver about them (who used to be with another brand)...

anyway i asked all the usual questions ie
parts quality, availability and price
fitment and maintenance
any issues etc..

and for him to say they are all pretty much the same in all aspects
i just though hell well why not!!!!

Old 08-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redbones
I've switched from xray to ARC and never looked back. Also broke more xray parts than I ever have on ARC and those parts I replaced didn't break the bank. Quality is excellent. I've converted two guys at my track and they have been on the podium ever since.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

seriously considering this car. i now cal my awesomatix the breaksomatix. i break it at least one qualifier per race day. tired of that. i really like it but its fragile. ive gone back to my 6.1 a few times just for the durability. since kody knudsen is now a team driver and he can get them thru hobby velocity im considering purchasing one. would like to see closer pics though. cant wait to see kodys car in person.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dragonracing
seriously considering this car. i now cal my awesomatix the breaksomatix. i break it at least one qualifier per race day. tired of that. i really like it but its fragile. ive gone back to my 6.1 a few times just for the durability. since kody knudsen is now a team driver and he can get them thru hobby velocity im considering purchasing one. would like to see closer pics though. cant wait to see kodys car in person.
Go here http://www.arc-rc.com.tw/news.html
Also check out the face book seen from here as well. A lot of good info.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

I just ordered all the upper screws from Pitbox Hobbies. Cheapest aluminum screws I found. Will let you know the quality when I get them. There site kind of sucks. When you want to buy click buy, then when it comes up as your order is when you can add quantity. Then to continue shopping you have to use your back arrow. lol Ive had light weight aluminum screws I got from integy before but the quality sucked. They strip easily and the counter sink head still protrudes past the surface.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does the regular 2015 come with the ecs up front and split blocks or you have to get the black one in order to have those parts? I would assume that the car comes with ecs already but not positive since it doesnt say that anywhere.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WEEZY
Does the regular 2015 come with the ecs up front and split blocks or you have to get the black one in order to have those parts? I would assume that the car comes with ecs already but not positive since it doesnt say that anywhere.
Hi WEEZY,

The stock R10 2015 does not include front DCJ's or split blocks. The limited release Black Edition does include DCJ's and front/rear split blocks with a few other options and tuning parts.

Kody
Old 08-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Cool thanks Kody, I saw the video of your mod car, pretty impressive. Do you know when that car is going to be released/how much more it will be. I dont think i want to go the black route since the shocks are still plain. IDK maybe thats the route, depending on price. Thinking about coming back before IIC. but not sure yet since will have to buy those parts. Most of the new cars come with those stock now.. thanks again!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Go here http://www.arc-rc.com.tw/news.html
Also check out the face book seen from here as well. A lot of good info.
yes ive seen all that. im purchasing my car from kody when i raise the cash. i want to go back to conventional suspension that i understand. the A car is overly complicated and fussy for me. want plain and simple suspension tuning.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

The 2015 isn't quite available to me as of right now so I pieced together a poor mans "2015" using spare parts. Mind you that I'm using the version 1 shock towers, shocks, upper camber link bulkheads, 8.5 steering plate, and a 2013 top/lower deck. The camber links aren't quite in the same positions nor the shocks the same as the "2015" but I do have the flex motor mount so all in all, its close. Outdoor asphalt testing this weekend

Last edited by trigger; 10-01-2014 at 01:28 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trigger
The 2015 isn't quite available to me as of right now so I pieced together a poor mans "2015" using spare parts. Mind you that I'm using the version 1 shock towers, shocks, upper camber link bulkheads, 8.5 steering plate, and a 2013 top/lower deck. The camber links aren't quite in the same positions nor the shocks the same as the "2015" but I do have the flex motor mount so all in all, its close. Outdoor asphalt testing this weekend

Frankenarc! Ive tried this already. Wasn't to happy with the results so went right back to the shorty shocks and took 1st that day.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Yeah I figured the formula has been run before. I've had the opposite opinion about the short shocks and had a decent but not fantastic performance as I did with my Version 1 R10. So as of late I started using my long shocks and my cars are turning with more corner speed and better predictability. The suspension using short shocks didn't seem to travel like long shocks no matter what spring rates. But to each is own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.