Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advance R/C Car R10 2015

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Mihn....I am almost done with the setup sheet....I need 5 more minutes!
Attached Thumbnails Advance R/C Car R10 2015-dimg_4188.jpg   Advance R/C Car R10 2015-aimg_4190.jpg   Advance R/C Car R10 2015-jimg_4187.jpg  
Old 10-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Here is my setup.... Enjoy!
Attached Files
Old 10-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nice clean builds Sean!

Kody
Old 10-29-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sean Williams
Here is my setup.... Enjoy!
Hi Sean

Thanks for posting the setup, what did you achieve by changing the rear lower shock position to the farther inboard position?
Old 10-30-2014, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Hi Sean

Thanks for posting the setup, what did you achieve by changing the rear lower shock position to the farther inboard position?
The car was more responsive, I had better side bite, and the car seemed to turn better. I felt with the arms flipped "line/indicator" facing the center of the car with the mounting position all the way out, the dampening seemed to be almost hindered in a way and was not able to move up and down freely, almost like a slight bind, plus the car felt to me to be a little lazy. Not saying the other way is wrong, but for me what is shown in my setup worked really well.. The car is very responsive to changes which is good!
Old 10-30-2014, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrHighOctane8
More and more touring cars! (:
???
Old 10-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

OK so im stumped. ran the car last night on carpet in stock 17.5 class. qts 32 tires are the tires we have to use in the class. car would have a little push upon entry then as the car slowed it would gain grip more and more thru the turn. so much so i would oversteer and turn in too much and hit the inside pipes. got pretty frustrated. stock setup in general but i have the 3.5 rear block with .5mm shim under only. split blocks on rear W/ notches out. front front block with 1.5mm shims split blocks also with notches in. other than that its the standard setup. car just has way too much steering. track is small and grip is high. our next run is sat on a larger track with the same basic layout but much higher speeds with med to high grip levels. i just ordered 5 of the 6 yokomo springs (orange was out of stock) and they should be here tomorrow i even paid for express shipping. hopefully the car will behave a bit better. car seems to just transfer too much weight onto the front as it slows and turns in very hard as the slip angle gets less and less. pretty frustrating. one of the guys said to try adding some ackerman to calm it down. i may do that. the steering just seems overly aggressive. it may be due to the slip angle being less with these tires.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
OK so im stumped. ran the car last night on carpet in stock 17.5 class. qts 32 tires are the tires we have to use in the class. car would have a little push upon entry then as the car slowed it would gain grip more and more thru the turn. so much so i would oversteer and turn in too much and hit the inside pipes. got pretty frustrated. stock setup in general but i have the 3.5 rear block with .5mm shim under only. split blocks on rear W/ notches out. front front block with 1.5mm shims split blocks also with notches in. other than that its the standard setup. car just has way too much steering. track is small and grip is high. our next run is sat on a larger track with the same basic layout but much higher speeds with med to high grip levels. i just ordered 5 of the 6 yokomo springs (orange was out of stock) and they should be here tomorrow i even paid for express shipping. hopefully the car will behave a bit better. car seems to just transfer too much weight onto the front as it slows and turns in very hard as the slip angle gets less and less. pretty frustrating. one of the guys said to try adding some ackerman to calm it down. i may do that. the steering just seems overly aggressive. it may be due to the slip angle being less with these tires.
The high roll center in the front might be causing this. Try .5 shims in the front also. Too much pressure on front tires maybe.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

I will try that. It makes sense. thanks ill report back on sunday on results.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
I will try that. It makes sense. thanks ill report back on sunday on results.
Might also want to try out Henrik's carpet setup he recently posted over at the FB arcdriver page
Old 10-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

ill go take a look at that. on one track last weekend the car was ok. i was just over driving it a bit. then last night it handled like dog poo. now maybe on the big track it will be fine lol. one can only hope. but ill go look at that setup.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sean Williams
The car was more responsive, I had better side bite, and the car seemed to turn better. I felt with the arms flipped "line/indicator" facing the center of the car with the mounting position all the way out, the dampening seemed to be almost hindered in a way and was not able to move up and down freely, almost like a slight bind, plus the car felt to me to be a little lazy. Not saying the other way is wrong, but for me what is shown in my setup worked really well.. The car is very responsive to changes which is good!
Great explanation thank you. I will give it a try
Old 10-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Check your bumpsteer also...sounds like the car is slowing down, beginning to roll, and turning in harder.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Harder spring in the front and/or thicker diff oil would be some things I would try.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

yeah going to check all those. i run 5000k in the rear diff. will be reading my setup helper by martin crisp also. and funny i had that setup sheet from heinrik in my pit bag. never though of consulting that. going to try that setup for saturday and see how it goes. although i dont have those particular springs. i did order the yokomo springs -the orange spring thats not in stock. i express mail ordered them so i hope they show tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.