R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2014, 07:42 AM   #196
Tech Master
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Good to see so many new faces to the ARC scene....and returning ones.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #197
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Moving indoors to the carpet next weekend. Ill be using the graphite chassis till i can afford the aluminum chassis. (gotta get a better radio first) so what spring rates should i be considering for carpet? stay with the yellow and blue or up the rear rates to the green? just not sure. any recomendations? i do have the rsd carpet spring set. ill be removing the ones on my tc 6.1 and considering using them on the arc. but only if i really need to. thoughts?
i have well over a week till the first race.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:56 PM   #198
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,898
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Would 350cst be too soft for the new long big bores? I saw lots of 2013 setups use 350 so just thinking.
__________________
Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4
TLR 22 3.0
Apex RC Proshop
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:23 PM   #199
Tech Master
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
Would 350cst be too soft for the new long big bores? I saw lots of 2013 setups use 350 so just thinking.
think that might be to soft but try it you never know. I have used associated 37.5 oil all around and 35 all around. Both are good depending on springs as well. you want a faster roll go thinner oil.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:37 AM   #200
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wollongong Australia
Posts: 199
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Finished building my black edition on Friday night, shell painted up Saturday (mazda 6 gx which I've never run before but wanted to try) all ready for its first day on the track today. Started the day running a 21.5 in sportsman class just to get comfortable but the car was real good in heat 1 so I swapped to stock (13.5) for heat 2 and proceeded to win the next 3 heats, tq and take the final from start to finish

Great kit to build and drove real nice. I still think I can tune it up better for our medium to low grip asphalt track but it was super smooth, real consistent (had a con of .2 in the final over a 14 second average lap) and generally easy to drive. Nice job ARC.
Attached Thumbnails
Advance R/C Car R10 2015-image.jpg  
Team_Krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:17 AM   #201
Tech Master
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

You should try a Blitz GSF .05 body. It gets better.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #202
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Krusty View Post
Finished building my black edition on Friday night, shell painted up Saturday (mazda 6 gx which I've never run before but wanted to try) all ready for its first day on the track today. Started the day running a 21.5 in sportsman class just to get comfortable but the car was real good in heat 1 so I swapped to stock (13.5) for heat 2 and proceeded to win the next 3 heats, tq and take the final from start to finish

Great kit to build and drove real nice. I still think I can tune it up better for our medium to low grip asphalt track but it was super smooth, real consistent (had a con of .2 in the final over a 14 second average lap) and generally easy to drive. Nice job ARC.
What was your car doing? off power push etc? maybe we can help. i found the standard setup to have off power push.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:01 AM   #203
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wollongong Australia
Posts: 199
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Nah no real push, wasn't really doing anything wrong or bad - car was very very good but I think it has more in it My best lap was a 13.95 on the weekend for a normal club day where we don't do any track prep and only have about 20 people racing (8 in stock on Sunday). The next best were between .1 and .2 off my fastest laps each heat and in the final I was able to lap everyone except 2nd place. I think the track record for a stock car was done on a big 2 day event with approx 100 entrants and was around 13.5.

I didn't build the car exactly to kit as I just can't help myself applying small changes that have worked for me on previous cars lol. I drilled the shocks, stood the shocks up more with 35 wt oil, 120 wt rear diff (approx 1800 cst), kit roll centres, 0 ackerman shims, mazda 6 gx shell mounted a little forward etc etc.

I just went for a few laps an hour ago with another stock guy and he couldn't get close to me. The only thing I might change is slightly stiffer front end to stop the car digging in a bit on the outside wheel late in the turn.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy with the car but I'm always trying little things (like most I guess) in search of the perfect compromise between a car that's fast and a car that's fast when I'm driving it haha. It's almost on the money already
Team_Krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #204
Tech Regular
 
Gridworks Racing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 398
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
You should try a Blitz GSF .05 body. It gets better.
If by .05 you are referring to body thickness, the thickness is .5mm. My shop has the .5mm GSF and TSX and I really enjoy running these bodies as they easily help reduce the car's weight, but they aren't for everyone.

I think most racers should opt for the .7mm body as it is in line with a typical lightweight body without sacrificing too much durability.

For anyone who does run the .5mm bodies, be sure that they they touch your bumper or that your bumper has been extended with foam to prevent flex at speed.
__________________
☆★☆The Holidays are here, Be Merry and stock up on the stuff you want☆★☆
☆★☆ Gridworks Racing ☆★☆ Your Source for G-Daub, Blitz Racing Bodies, DryFluid, Epic 1 Designs, Hobbywing, LRP, R1 Wurks, Solaris Tires, Sorex, Team Powers, Tuning Haus, VBC Racing and More!
Gridworks Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:06 AM   #205
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 871
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing View Post
For anyone who does run the .5mm bodies, be sure that they they touch your bumper or that your bumper has been extended with foam to prevent flex at speed.
Absolutely correct here. I used the GSX .5 for asphalt. It's a great body but extremely flexible. It will distort at high speeds and doesn't last through "taps" very well. The body will crunch in on itself very easily.
__________________
-Mike B.
Carnage9270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:13 AM   #206
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,298
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing View Post
If by .05 you are referring to body thickness, the thickness is .5mm. My shop has the .5mm GSF and TSX and I really enjoy running these bodies as they easily help reduce the car's weight, but they aren't for everyone.

I think most racers should opt for the .7mm body as it is in line with a typical lightweight body without sacrificing too much durability.

For anyone who does run the .5mm bodies, be sure that they they touch your bumper or that your bumper has been extended with foam to prevent flex at speed.
Good info. Looking to try them out for myself.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:49 PM   #207
Tech Master
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing View Post
If by .05 you are referring to body thickness, the thickness is .5mm. My shop has the .5mm GSF and TSX and I really enjoy running these bodies as they easily help reduce the car's weight, but they aren't for everyone.

I think most racers should opt for the .7mm body as it is in line with a typical lightweight body without sacrificing too much durability.

For anyone who does run the .5mm bodies, be sure that they they touch your bumper or that your bumper has been extended with foam to prevent flex at speed.
Yeah I was a bit tired when I wrote that. .5mm is correct. Maybe not for everyone I will keep them all for myself! Don't forget that shopviper has them all as well.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:46 PM   #208
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 871
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Yeah I was a bit tired when I wrote that. .5mm is correct. Maybe not for everyone I will keep them all for myself! Don't forget that shopviper has them all as well.
HobbyVelocity has them as well. Ordered their screw kits too. Loving both the titanium set for my silver car and the black kit for my Black Edition. Think they have every part for this car imaginable. At least I haven't come across any they didn't have when I needed them.

My next order is the Turnbuckles.
__________________
-Mike B.

Last edited by Carnage9270; 09-16-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Carnage9270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:38 AM   #209
Tech Fanatic
 
b20btec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sugar Land
Posts: 916
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Anyone got a source for the toe blocks. R109035, don't see it on viperrc and velocity doesn't have stock on them.
__________________
Soap

REFLEXRACING.NET * TEXASEOS.NET
b20btec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:52 AM   #210
Tech Fanatic
 
trigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 964
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Sean at tqrcracing.com might have em.
__________________
Minh Nguyen-FD
[Hobby Authority Distribution][Maclan Racing][Xpert]
trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:07 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0