R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #151
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
If anyone is interested Kody Knudston (Sorry for spelling) just placed a large order with me for the ARC Titanium screw kits and also some special edition 2015 Screw kits all from Hiro Seiko. If any are interested in them for their cars you can contact him at info@hobbyvelocity.com as he will be carrying the ARC kits.

He will also have the matching black and silver alumn shim kits, serrated wheel nuts and other items as well.

EA
Nice. Haven't even driven the car yet and I already want upgrades. Haha. Thanks Eric.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:51 AM   #152
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
I received my Black Edition yesterday and couldn't wait to get busy on the build. Thanks to Gridworks for getting my kit shipped out quickly. Always great customer service.

I sanded the diff bearing caps and it definitely frees up the drivetrain. Still have some work to do but I like to run a car before doing to many tips/tricks. Let it break it naturally. Plastic fitment was pretty snug in some places and required a little extra attention. I'll take sanding over shimming any day. �� Instructions are a little vague in places but pretty straight forward for the most part. The black edition came with a full set of the standard screws. I was about 10 screws in to the chassis before I realized there was a seperate bag with all the black hardware. Haha. Live and learn. The only real issues I had with the build were a rear axle that would not go through the bearing. I had to chuck it in the dremel and remove the coating to get the bearings to slide on. The other issue is play in the shock pistons. I'm used to shimming pistons except I can't find my shims, so that's frustrating. ��. Overall, I'm very impressed with the kit. Mounting electronics tonight and putting it on the setup station. Can't wait to get it on the track. Thanks again to Lemar for hooking me up with a nice kit.
Welcome aboard! Yeah there are a few minor imperfections with the build as goes to almost all rc model cars but once parts are freed up and glitches sorted its a fantastic handling car. Enjoy
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:18 AM   #153
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
I received my Black Edition yesterday and couldn't wait to get busy on the build. Thanks to Gridworks for getting my kit shipped out quickly. Always great customer service.

I sanded the diff bearing caps and it definitely frees up the drivetrain. Still have some work to do but I like to run a car before doing to many tips/tricks. Let it break it naturally. Plastic fitment was pretty snug in some places and required a little extra attention. I'll take sanding over shimming any day. 😉 Instructions are a little vague in places but pretty straight forward for the most part. The black edition came with a full set of the standard screws. I was about 10 screws in to the chassis before I realized there was a seperate bag with all the black hardware. Haha. Live and learn. The only real issues I had with the build were a rear axle that would not go through the bearing. I had to chuck it in the dremel and remove the coating to get the bearings to slide on. The other issue is play in the shock pistons. I'm used to shimming pistons except I can't find my shims, so that's frustrating. 😕. Overall, I'm very impressed with the kit. Mounting electronics tonight and putting it on the setup station. Can't wait to get it on the track. Thanks again to Lemar for hooking me up with a nice kit.
pretty much nailed everything I've encountered You'll like the car on track
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #154
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
If anyone is interested Kody Knudston (Sorry for spelling) just placed a large order with me for the ARC Titanium screw kits and also some special edition 2015 Screw kits all from Hiro Seiko. If any are interested in them for their cars you can contact him at info@hobbyvelocity.com as he will be carrying the ARC kits.

He will also have the matching black and silver alumn shim kits, serrated wheel nuts and other items as well.

EA
Thanks EA! Looking forward to loading this stuff on my personal cars and offering it to ARC owners as well.

Kody
Kody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #155
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

posted this on the facebook arc driver page. spring charts for arc are in kgf/mm and not in lb/in like everybody else.
here are the rates

hardest to softest
kfg/mm to lb/in

red/.36=20.159
white/.33=18.479
yellow/.30=16.799 (kit front)
green/.28=15.679
blue/.26=14.559 (kit rear)

I hear some have gone to the hpi silver rated at 16.9 according to rsd's spring chart true rating of a 15.9. so it falls between the yellow and the green springs. i hope this helps.

conversion chart courtesy of carnage: http://www.endmemo.com/sconvert/kg_mmlb_in.php
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:04 PM   #156
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Word of caution on the spring rates. They vary from spring to spring within the same manufacturer and also perform different on it's compression path. This is why RSD tested 5 different springs and took an average. So matching a 16.9 spring to a different manufacturers 16.9 spring can have completely different results. I think the reason people favor the HPI silvers on asphalt is the way they feel during compression. They are a pretty consistent spring. Finding them right now is tough, don't know if they've quit making them or just haven't made them in a while, but they are out of stock just about everywhere. The ARC greens front and rear feel really similar, just a little different during compression. I was using greens front and rear on the first day I used the car and they felt really good. I'd go with either at this point.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:57 PM   #157
Tech Elite

i figured i would include the rsd spring chart for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Advance R/C Car R10 2015-rsd_universal_spring_chart.jpg  
Old 09-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #158
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:

I sanded the diff bearing caps and it definitely frees up the drivetrain. Still have some work to do but I like to run a car before doing to many tips/tricks. Let it break it naturally. Plastic fitment was pretty snug in some places and required a little extra attention. I'll take sanding over shimming any day. 😉 Instructions are a little vague in places but pretty straight forward for the most part. The black edition came with a full set of the standard screws. I was about 10 screws in to the chassis before I realized there was a seperate bag with all the black hardware. Haha. Live and learn. The only real issues I had with the build were a rear axle that would not go through the bearing. I had to chuck it in the dremel and remove the coating to get the bearings to slide on. The other issue is play in the shock pistons. I'm used to shimming pistons except I can't find my shims, so that's frustrating. 😕. Overall, I'm very impressed with the kit. Mounting electronics tonight and putting it on the setup station. Can't wait to get it on the track. Thanks again to Lemar for hooking me up with a nice kit.
No problem Tony. Glad to hear your car is almost ready for racing. Be sure to let me know how it goes.

BTW, looks like we will have 1 or 2 more Black Editions and that's it. We're also working hard on the back end of the site to add ARC parts and they will all be uploaded at once when complete.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #159
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Excited to get my black edition kit from Gridworks next week!
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #160
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Glad to see you on this thread Randy. The Black Edition is a nice choice. All the essentials in one package.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #161
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

All those times I was looking over your car I ended up getting sold on it, lol.

Really though it looked like a very well put together kit, then Lemar showed me the black edition and it was game over. Always been a fan of stealth!
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #162
Tech Elite

yes yes yes the black edition is super sexy. mine looks awesome. i really love the car.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #163
Tech Master

Good to see more people coming on board

inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #164
Tech Regular

Default Aluminum chassis for Carpet?

Thought I'd throw it out here, running a 2013 ARC currently but have an upgrade kit on order. Has anybody run the optional aluminum chassis on carpet? What have your impressions been over the stock carbon fibre chassis?

My car was really hooked up last year and very consistent on an open mid level grip ozite track. Occasionally the car would grip roll (chicanes or quicker transitioning areas), had some difficulty tuning it out of the car. Wondering if the longer shocks, hard set of arms and 8.5mm steering rack might help.

Tamiya Hornet, Airtronics XL2P, Novak 4, 1200 SC Stage III batteries,
Navcom 10 peak, 12 volt lead acid power source
damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #165
Tech Elite

here in the northwest we wont know till the 20th. thats our first carpet race. one of the guys has the aluminum chassis and hard arms installed. i will most likely follow suit and do the same to mine.

Last edited by dragonracing; 09-04-2014 at 09:29 PM.