Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Flying Rally Rc 1:10 HELP.. >

Flying Rally Rc 1:10 HELP..

Flying Rally Rc 1:10 HELP..

Old 07-22-2014, 04:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Flying Rally Rc 1:10 HELP..

Hi all RCtech,

Im chris, now i run Himoto x rally 10. i love this car very much, full of power.

a week before i change the esc to 120A xcar, ezrun motor 9t 4300KV, 5000mAH 2s, 60-120C.

i use 40w associated team shock oil F/R.

My question is, why my rc feels flying and hard to control when i push all full throttle (punch level 6).? do i need to set the shock tower to lower level? or the ride height? anything about this car please help me. or this motor and esc seems top big to this car?

any comment will be appreciated
Old 07-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Maybe it sounds silly, i hope anybody will help me to figure out what happened to my car?
Old 07-23-2014, 12:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by christanto_deng
Maybe it sounds silly, i hope anybody will help me to figure out what happened to my car?
You are running a lot of power through the car. You will be better to soften the punch value to make the car start away smoother, also you will need to be more gentle with the throttle control as a fast car is always more demanding to control.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You say it feels like its 'flying', can you explain it a bit more?

Are you using grippy tires? I've found that using worn out or just generally crappy tires with a powerful motor/battery tends to make the car feel as if it is floating. Suspension setting will also help increase the grip
Old 07-23-2014, 01:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Qatmix
You are running a lot of power through the car. You will be better to soften the punch value to make the car start away smoother, also you will need to be more gentle with the throttle control as a fast car is always more demanding to control.
Thank you for your comment, yeah maybe the power is too big to this small car, maybe i need to set the punch to 4 ? but i should need longer track to reach the maximum speed. any thing i can do other else then the punch?
Old 07-23-2014, 01:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TB03Racer09
You say it feels like its 'flying', can you explain it a bit more?

Are you using grippy tires? I've found that using worn out or just generally crappy tires with a powerful motor/battery tends to make the car feel as if it is floating. Suspension setting will also help increase the grip

'flying' means when i hit the throttle and it seems like both front tires are floating (4wd with propeller shaft). any recommendation for the tires? im using the stock tires, and i wish to change it ether to bigger tires? should i change to metal rims or alu?

about my damper oil, is that anything wrong with that?

Thank you
Old 07-23-2014, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know whether your shock oil setting is good or not, but it seems about right. Don't get aluminium/metal rims, they serve no real purpose and increase rotating mass. Exactly what tires are you using now? Which tires to use is all about experimenting to find what tire works on the surface you drive on.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TB03Racer09
I don't know whether your shock oil setting is good or not, but it seems about right. Don't get aluminium/metal rims, they serve no real purpose and increase rotating mass. Exactly what tires are you using now? Which tires to use is all about experimenting to find what tire works on the surface you drive on.
yesterday i tried to make my car more close to the ground, and i try it and it makes alittle bit more grip, and about the tires, i dont know its just stock came from the RTR, any suggestion to the tires size? bigger or smaller? and about the tire, i usually play it on the

or i play at grass.

but when i do that to my car, it get easy to upside down, especially at the grass