Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Parking lot show down choice? >

Parking lot show down choice?

Parking lot show down choice?

Old 07-17-2014, 10:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Parking lot show down choice?

I'm looking for a onroad car that i can drive on streets parking lots etc I was wondering which would be the best the HPI sprint 2 sport, Kyosho ep fazer, or the vaterra nissan gtr, or the tamiya TT01/TT02, I'm also not sure if the M-05 and M-06 chassis would compete with the other cars. Also other than the body what is the difference between all the vaterras I looked a little and it didn't look like there was any at all.

Last edited by prorcguy; 07-17-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prorcguy
I'm looking for a onroad car that i can drive on streets parking lots etc I was wondering which would be the best the HPI sprint 2 sport, Kyosho ep fazer, or the vaterra nissan gtr, or the tamiya TT01/TT02, I'm also not sure if the M-05 and M-06 chassis would compete with the other cars. Also other than the body what is the difference between all the vaterras I looked a little and it didn't look like there was any at all.
Get the Associated TC4 club racer and put in the electronics of your choice. They are indestructible.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Get the Associated TC4 club racer and put in the electronics of your choice. They are indestructible.
I dint know that would be getting a little expensive for me I'm looking for something a little cheaper
Old 07-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by prorcguy
I dint know that would be getting a little expensive for me I'm looking for something a little cheaper
Sorry there is not much cheaper then the TC4.
The Vaterra and Sprint 2 Sport combos are all over 250 dollars or more from what I have seen . For $ 250 you get a brushed motor and ESC which you can't use in any organized class (VTA, USGT). The Vaterra does not even have real oil filled - coil over shocks . It has cheap sliders . The Tamiya kits all require a lot of "Hop Up Parts" to be more Durable and the parts are not cheap.

With the TC4 about 150 new , a single model futaba of spectrum radio for around 70 , a Speed Passions combo ( motor and ESC) about 100. Tires about 20 - 50 dollars ( yep the TC4 Club Racer has no tires) , I'm assuming that you already have tools, a charger and few batteries .
Sorry to be so Blunt, But even " Cheap " RC racing is not Cheap
Old 07-19-2014, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

get a sakura xi $120 for a new roller shipped to your door and put what ever floats your boat in it
Old 07-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am in a club and we race parking lot oval. One of our classes uses this car:

http://www.redcatracing.com/Lightning-EPX-PRO

We have been using them for a couple of years and it is our biggest class...some days we have 20 of them. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the car holds up and replacement parts are reasonable. The radio it comes with is ok, the battery is a NiMH 2200, we all run NiMH 5000 (class rules). It can run LiPo but we don't use them in this class. The tires that come on it wear out really quick, usually first day out, the asphalt eats them up. We call it the NASCAR class and most of us have painted up a NASCAR body for our car. It is a good fairly priced car for parking lot racing.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Prorcguy, I have the Vaterra brushless set-up. I run it in the parking lot at our local HT as well as the street. Yes, It does have oil filled coil over shocks. The downfall to this car is no adjust ability of the toe-in, caster or camber. It is a great starter car. I run vintage VTA tires and 4 spoke vintage tires. The set up is about 375.00 or brushed for 289.00. The bodies are super detailed and an HPI 200mm body fits great on the chassis with the vintage tire setup.

Bob
Old 07-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Initiate

does anybody know much about the kyosho?
Old 07-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have the vaterra and other sedans and the vaterra for the price is great. And horizon just lowered the price on the gtr and Silvia to 199.99. I'm gona grab another. Simple no tuning great street car with a company that stands behind there product !!!! Buy with confidence