Community
Wiki Posts
Search

on road shaft driven....tb04, tc4..?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Mine cam with bearings, high speed gearing and oil shocks, center shaft... i ran it into a parking/rock area which loaded it with rice size rocks.... drove right out and just shook it out... seems pretty sealed up to me... the tires are a real problem. Any kind of speed it's totally loose... it's alot bigger than my rc18r....bigger and beefed than I thought it would be..
Old 08-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

The point is... The tb series cars have the adjustability to make them a great car, both on the track and off. The Tt series cars just don't have the adjustability and tunability to make them much more than a basher type car, or a car to race against other tt series cars. All the adjustments even a casual driver may want the Tt just doesn't have. Things like camber, roll center, diff tunability, adjustable kick up and anti squat, fine gearing adjustment (not fixed), etc. for bashing it is one of the toughest cars around (in the 190-200 mm sedan style)
Old 08-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

As for tires on a parking lot surface. The hpi x patterns in the soft compound work well.