R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree37Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2016, 07:12 AM   #526
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer x 1 View Post
Looks good out there!!! Needs a wee bit more motor. Were you running 1 or 2 cell
2s 10.5

Problem isn't motor, it's lighting up spec tires like a drag car

New layout, low grip yesterday

Last run of the eve, pulling 8.6 laps
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #527
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Ow boy, 8.6 sec laps........
And here i come with a low 15 high 14 sec lap

Regards Roy
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:49 AM   #528
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro10noob View Post
Ow boy, 8.6 sec laps........
And here i come with a low 15 high 14 sec lap

Regards Roy
I would love to have a track here like you've got there
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:02 AM   #529
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hehehehehehehehehe.

Regards Roy
Ps come over then and join us at the Benelux race
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:59 AM   #530
Tech Master
 
LonnyJ1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ. USA
Posts: 1,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
I would love to have a track here like you've got there
Yeah I hate those Euro guys and their fantastic tracks.
__________________
Lonny
LonnyJ1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:07 PM   #531
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Me bad

Regards Roy


Quote:
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
Yeah I hate those Euro guys and their fantastic tracks.
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:17 PM   #532
Tech Master
 
racer x 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: im 4rm a far away place called 1st
Posts: 1,825
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
2s 10.5

Problem isn't motor, it's lighting up spec tires like a drag car

New layout, low grip yesterday

Last run of the eve, pulling 8.6 laps
Ahhhh no wonder lol spec tire.
__________________
Matt Bell
Mugen MRX5 Ae R5.2 X6^3 M11x All powered by Speedtech Rc
racer x 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:18 AM   #533
Tech Regular
 
jetnjme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 449
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

ran the car yesterday out at Speedworld, it was fabulous! looking for thoughts on gearing, I know there was some talk a few pages back. I wanted to run the 48p and had a 81 from my 10L, so I bought a handful of pinions mid 20's to get me in the rollout of 53-55 W/60mm tires. Installed the 81 and mounted the motor but I was unable to get the pinion on, there is not enough space to push the motor forward. I switched back to the kit 88 and 25 pinion and off I went.



the little dirty one is what was used.

looking at what i have and seeing what is available, the RK10 may be able to use the 72 or 75 48p spur but think I have to stick with 64p. I have the 96 and a 100 that i will try on the next track day.
__________________
Nor Cal Pan Car
Northern California Pan Car Revival

Last edited by jetnjme; 04-04-2016 at 07:22 AM. Reason: image
jetnjme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:20 AM   #534
Tech Regular
 
jetnjme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 449
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

maiden voyage

__________________
Nor Cal Pan Car
Northern California Pan Car Revival

Last edited by jetnjme; 04-04-2016 at 07:22 AM. Reason: image
jetnjme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:01 AM   #535
Tech Regular
 
jetnjme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 449
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

my next topic is ride height. we require a lot of spacers to get it down to 5-6 mm, and is it ok to install spacers under the rear aluminum pods? started the day with 58mm front and 60mm rear and had close to +-8 mm of ride height. I didn't add any yet as I'm not sure if I'm going to run tall tires (rear 62mm +) or cut them down.
__________________
Nor Cal Pan Car
Northern California Pan Car Revival
jetnjme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:29 AM   #536
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetnjme View Post
my next topic is ride height. we require a lot of spacers to get it down to 5-6 mm, and is it ok to install spacers under the rear aluminum pods? started the day with 58mm front and 60mm rear and had close to +-8 mm of ride height. I didn't add any yet as I'm not sure if I'm going to run tall tires (rear 62mm +) or cut them down.
What is the size of the track you are running on

55roll seems pretty tall for 2s 10.5
How did that feel

Here's a gear size calc site, it also has a free useful app
Ultrascale

64p - 20-25t pinion, 96-100t spur gears seem ideal for indoor carpet 35ish rollout

I would think 40-45 roll outdoor would be close ?

64p 96t = 48p 72t
64p 100t = 48p 75t
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Last edited by RedBullFiXX; 04-09-2016 at 12:51 AM.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:14 AM   #537
Tech Regular
 
jetnjme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 449
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

outdoor asphalt think around 160' back straight.

could have gone down to 50 or so, it was still pulling towards the end of the straight
__________________
Nor Cal Pan Car
Northern California Pan Car Revival
jetnjme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:19 AM   #538
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,512
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Rollout for big tracks I hear are as Dave pointed out. 40-45 starting point. How did those WGT tires feel?
__________________
Team I'm Over It

Last edited by racenut123; 04-04-2016 at 09:32 AM.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:29 AM   #539
Tech Regular
 
jetnjme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 449
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

they felt good, I liked the front, steering was nice, as I don't like a lot of steering. the rear could have been a little softer but it worked. It did slide out coming onto the straight and a few other corners but only if you got on it real hard, nice and smooth it did good, once i got a rhythm going, only sauced one time in the morning, was able to get three runs in.

I had the kit springs (side 18) and 30k in the tubes. think I'm going up to 50k and ordering the 22 24 tweek springs, felt a little soft but the front I'm going to leave for now
__________________
Nor Cal Pan Car
Northern California Pan Car Revival
jetnjme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:37 AM   #540
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,564
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetnjme View Post
ran the car yesterday out at Speedworld, it was fabulous! looking for thoughts on gearing, I know there was some talk a few pages back. I wanted to run the 48p and had a 81 from my 10L, so I bought a handful of pinions mid 20's to get me in the rollout of 53-55 W/60mm tires. Installed the 81 and mounted the motor but I was unable to get the pinion on, there is not enough space to push the motor forward. I switched back to the kit 88 and 25 pinion and off I went.



the little dirty one is what was used.

looking at what i have and seeing what is available, the RK10 may be able to use the 72 or 75 48p spur but think I have to stick with 64p. I have the 96 and a 100 that i will try on the next track day.
I'm running 72 48p on mine and never looked back. I can easily run high 30s to upper 40s rollout.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:16 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net