Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Beginner Drift Car >

Beginner Drift Car

Beginner Drift Car

Old 07-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Actually, drift cars are just the same, if not worse for sand and rocks. Plus, any real nice ones with a carbon chassis are going to be carpet only.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks guys, you have been super helpful!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Default Cheap Drifting

I got into Drifting cause it looked Fun ,but it is Addictive . There are many ways to Drift.
If you just want to try drifting and you have a 4WD touring chassis , Get some tires even the $20 dollar sets are good to start. put a spool in the rear .a Diff or 1 way in the front . find a good patch of asphalt or Polished concrete and drive the car .
I find if your car has a lot of steering with rubber tires it can make a decent drift car . My best drifter is a TC5 with a One way in the front and a spool in the back , motor combo can be anything from a good old 27 turn brushed motor to a 4'5 brushless mod .( I like the 13.5). Stiffer oil / springs in the rear (40 wt, /silver for me), Lighter oil / springs in the Front ( 25wt. /Green) and a FDR of around 5.0. Then just practice . You don't need to buy a Tamiya VDF right off the bat.
I've turned all my old Touring cars into drifters , an original RS4, TC5. TC3 , Kyosho TF5 and a Sakura D3 (does need a lot of work ,would not do that again, but it works good now. )