Wiki Posts
Search

Pics of the best on-road tracks in the western USA

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Pics of the best on-road tracks in the western USA

Considering a move from the blistering heat of Phoenix, looking for a milder climate to work and race......California is a no-go!!!! Will consider a southwestern or northwestern state with a nice local track(s).

Can't seem to find one place to see pics of the permanent tracks, could someone post some links or pics of the nicer facilities. I figure if I'm moving I may as well move to a place with a really nice track, or tracks within 50 miles of each other.

Most likely will run Touring car and Spec GT, and maybe some VTA so any help from the forum would be awesome.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

http://www.5280raceway.com
Old 06-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.timezoneracing.com/
Old 06-26-2014, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

You can move to Flagstaff....cool in the Summer....race in Phoenix in the Winter. You can't drive to Summer in less than an hour in the NW states. Very good facility and competition for oval and road course in Flagstaff. We are racing this Sunday....come up and get out of the heat.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of the best on-road tracks in the western USA-10428500_10152073883365806_4982223722438516198_n.jpg  
Old 06-26-2014, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I think the list of "permanent" tracks will be pretty small. Rule the state of WA out with the exception of TZ. Timezone is permanent but it is in the owner's "backyard" and you can't just show up and run. It is epic though.. HUGE race ther July 18-20.. Timezone Gran Prix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aHga4bFL_c
Old 06-26-2014, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

5280 for sure!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Southern California is the best place to get a bunch of permanent tracks close to one another.

TQ Raceway
Roadrunners R/C Club/Camarillo
Tamiya Raceway
Cal Raceway
And more.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Southern California is the best place to get a bunch of permanent tracks close to one another.

TQ Raceway
Roadrunners R/C Club/Camarillo
Tamiya Raceway
Cal Raceway
And more.

No doubt about that, went to Pomona twice for regional events and once to the Nationals (in Fremont, CA) back in the early 80s. Great racing, just never had the latest and greatest gear when I went to those races....always a tick behind the top tier so I ran in the B mains.

Other hobby interests that I have are not PC in CA.

The Timezone tracks look great but so far I'm leaning towards Denver. 2 longtime friends moved up there recently so that's 1 reason to consider CO over other places.

Still need to look into cost of living and the job market, those are also important factors.

Flagstaff? A friend and I may drive up for some Sunday action, I'm going to PM you asking for more details about where, when, and what classes are run.

THANK YOU to everyone that responded!!! Hoping more will.....
Old 06-27-2014, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Does anyone know if the track in Bremertonm, WA is still active? THAT looks awesome!!!
Old 06-27-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yes bremerton onroad track is active. seattle has a few tracks. most are temporary with the exception of timezone. fasttrax, nora racing, kcrc, seattle rc racers, fantasy world, four seasons has a permanant track outdoor and indoor offroad. theres a good community of rc here in washington. good climate and plenty to do in washington state.

we have 4 winter indoor carpet programs, seattle rc racers ie: hangar 30 (small track) and the gym (big track). nora racing (small track) timezone 2. then multiple programs during the summer. galaxy hobbies, fasttrax of monroe, fantasy world hobbies, kcrc (bremerton), four seasons hobbies, timezone raceway are all outdoor programs.

you do autocross huh? whats your "other" hobbies. screw the PC stuff. you shoot or something? we like that stuff up here. lots of hunting grounds here in wa. white tail, black tail, mule and elk to name a few.

here is the bremerton thread.http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...club-news.html

and the nw racing schedule. http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...-schedule.html
Old 06-27-2014, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dragonracing
you do autocross huh? whats your "other" hobbies. screw the PC stuff. you shoot or something? we like that stuff up here. lots of hunting grounds here in wa. white tail, black tail, mule and elk to name a few.

here is the bremerton thread.http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...club-news.html

and the nw racing schedule. http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...-schedule.html
Yeah I like to shoot..... cans mostly, did some tactical .22 and practical .22 at steel plates and swinging targets at a local range for awhile but work eventually got in the way of that. Not as active with shooting since getting back into RC cars, but can't bring myself to sell them off just to move to a state where I'd have to completely re-tool. Anyplace I go will have to be a gun-friendly state.

THANKS for all the racing info, still 6-8 months away from making the move and I'm just lining up the important stuff first. ..........now to start getting the house ready to sell.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

And more.
Heritage RC Park, also SoCal. Don Natale knows all about it.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

In central Calif. Hobby Town Fresno has a permanent race facility. The track is flowing 135' x 70' painted track we race almost every Saturday year around. We run Open 17.5, USGT ,Mini's, F1, we also have a Novice class. Pictures from last nights race.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of the best on-road tracks in the western USA-img_20140628_221419031.jpg   Pics of the best on-road tracks in the western USA-img_20140628_221339069.jpg   Pics of the best on-road tracks in the western USA-img_20140628_221330676.jpg   Pics of the best on-road tracks in the western USA-img_20140628_221352632.jpg