Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hmm....so if i put some more of these, then do this ill get a ..... >

Hmm....so if i put some more of these, then do this ill get a .....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hmm....so if i put some more of these, then do this ill get a .....

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hmm....so if i put some more of these, then do this ill get a .....

well i just want to thank all of you for your help on my other two posts (speedo one and the what car one). now i have yet another question that no doubt will start an argument . I was wandering around on tower hobbies site and found some panasonic 1400 mah scr cells for like 2.99 a cell, and with my rccaraction mag in my other hand i got an idea. i was looking at an older issue with the ae speed record cars (the l3oval that had 24 cells) and thought why not. i was thinking bout getting a used pan car of some sort, then buying around 10 of these 1400 cells and strapping them in for a wild ride. what do ya think? are these cells good enough for that sort of project? lemme know ur thoughts!
Old 09-23-2002, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Chances are they will be fine, if you where serious about a speed record then you would want matched cells, but 1400's would be better than the current crop of racing cells due to their lighter weight. Of coarse you could get 2 of the duratrax shark stick packs for $22 and get 12 cells instead of 10 for $30...... stick packs would be easier to use/charge for a newbie also.......
Old 09-24-2002, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

hm ... nice idea .... if u own a lrp v7.1 u can hook up 18 cells to the esc ( 3 stick pakcs) well what cha think u would get with 18 cells ??

A ROCKET!!!
Old 09-24-2002, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Ummm "cough" "cough" are you sure about the 18 cells, I know 14 will work, but I kind of doubt the 7.1 could take 18 cells. Hell that's over 21V's.

I say just make it simple, by two cheap 7 cell hump/stick(if they fit) packs and go have a blast.

Cheers.
Old 09-24-2002, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Just get a micro switch and you don't need an esc...... Just use lots of traction compound!!!! Yeah instant go juice!!!!
Old 09-24-2002, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

if i am not mistaken the limit for the 7.1 is 24 cells
Old 09-24-2002, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

According to the manual, the 7.1 cant take more than 10 cells.

Personally, I cant afford to blow up my 7.1, so I would stick with the micro switch. And maybe som CA glue as traction compound...
Old 09-24-2002, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

CA glue doesn't work very well as traction compound, for foams use a soft compound like green, or pink, soak them in Trinity Red Dot. I mean really soak, like compound running off the tire, then place them in a plastic ziplock baggy and keep them sealed up for 2-3 days, pull them out, wipe dry and then reapply and rebag them until you need them, wipe dry allow to set for 1/2 hour lock up that rear diff, pull the trigger and hold on!!!!! The car will launch forward as long as all the weigth is distrubuted evenly and the car is tweak free.........
Old 09-24-2002, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

o yea a micro switch! thats a better idea cus who knows, i might get the urge to make a car out of all bateries lol! actually my crazy idea was to take a 1/12 pan car of some sort and put 10 cells in it . that would be sweet! so where do i look for a micro switch?
Old 09-24-2002, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by imataquito
if i am not mistaken the limit for the 7.1 is 24 cells
Lmfao I doubt it, if you put 28 volts into the 7.1 it would be a real mess. If your talking about the AE speed run cars, only the Tc3 had a 7.1 and 14 cells. The pan had 24 cells and a Aveox brushless which means that it couldn't have used a 7.1 and kept the convetional foward/brake control, it would act like a microswitch which would be a real bitch when trying to get 24 cells and a brushless to plant(the 7.1 wouldn't be able to handle the power anyway but if it could). The Rc10L3 had an esc for brushless motors not the 7.1. But if you'd like to try 24 cells on a 7.1 go ahead......

Last edited by fatdoggy; 09-24-2002 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

opts my bad...i guess i remembered wrongly ......
i tot the limit for the 7.1 is 24 cells .......
hm ... then 12 cells will be good ...
u will still fly ...... hehehe

or maybe look for a esc that can handle 24 cells hahaha