R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2014, 02:48 PM   #781
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 2,087
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post
Every year I tell Myron to hand out cash instead of trophies.
That would be so nice
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #782
Tech Master
 
cwoods34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indy-freakin'-ana
Posts: 1,152
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE View Post
That would be so nice
Trophies for VTA, cash for everyone else.
cwoods34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #783
Tech Master
 
Tempest2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Smyrna, TN
Posts: 1,592
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

That's what I told Myron trophies VTA cash everything else. I don't need a sarcasm font Cody. If I'm saying it, bet on it being sarcastic.
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:13 PM   #784
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 778
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

When you finish 5th in B Main you don't have to worry about cash or a trophy! You trophy is packing up early.....lol....

Jason Graham
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:55 AM   #785
ASM
Tech Master
 
ASM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 1,283
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
When you finish 5th in B Main you don't have to worry about cash or a trophy! You trophy is packing up early.....lol....

Jason Graham
Jason - enjoyed meeting you and we had some good battles on the track too. It was good clean racing. See ya next year!
__________________
Scott Meeks

2016 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:10 AM   #786
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 778
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM View Post
Jason - enjoyed meeting you and we had some good battles on the track too. It was good clean racing. See ya next year!
Nice meet you too Scott.

Also great Job B main drivers. I know I never tangled up with anyone. When I was close racing with someone and tapped a wall and got out of line, I let the guy right behind me go thru instead of cutting down and creating a wreck. I was given the same respect when i was following some one and they tapped the wall too.

Now, that's great racing.
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #787
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 7,888
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

1st let me say once again......

DID YOU HAVE FUN!!!!!!



If so I did my job and Im happy no matter what....

But let me say thank you to all of all and anybody that had a hand in this since 2007....and before...10 years of Thunder RC and I cant think of a better way to celebrate than by putting together the largest entry event EVER!!!

This isn't possible without the #1 ingredient...RACERS!!!....all the promotion, prizes,trophies,sponsors, or entertainment is at best 2nd place to the racers...

I hope you guys understand this...and that's why I do this year after year...you racers are like family, and without you its just a building and carpet.

now to hit on one subject that I was trying to avoid...it seems that somebody decided to help themselves to some "items with Presidential" appeal. It has been looked at and looked at and looked at.....and I have make the determination to give this person or persons the chance not to catch my wrath in the worst way....

Here is what I need...

go to your nearest post office and take my envelope and ALL of its contents and put them in the blue mailbox with my address on it

Myron Kinnard
PO Box 70779
Nashville,TN 37207

you don't need a return address or a name....

once you do this sale all your RC stuff and never EVER return to this hobby... cause if you do....I promise I will make sure every person knows and sees your wonderful 15 min of fame video....

or even worst...I will come see you personally and that's is the God honest worst thing that can happen to you and everyone you care about....

So do the right thing and keep your little secret between a few, or act like what Im say isn't true or possible and call my bluff....and then you will find out the true BLUE.....

Smile for the camera
Attached Thumbnails
2014 U.S. VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-10645075_751340891579724_5401607768902979293_n.jpg  
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/RockStar Paint, LLC
2017 USVTA Scale Nationals
Windy City RC in Arlington Heights IL
April 8-9
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #788
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 7,888
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I will have the reg race report up soon...thanks
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/RockStar Paint, LLC
2017 USVTA Scale Nationals
Windy City RC in Arlington Heights IL
April 8-9
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #789
Tech Master
 
Essnowyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere Strange Wisconsin!
Posts: 1,656
Send a message via AIM to Essnowyt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
Smile for the camera
Interesting...

Snowy.
__________________
Team XRay, RCAmerica, Motiv, Gravity RC, Schacht Design Works.

Drive it, Dont slide it!
Essnowyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:23 PM   #790
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: columbus oh
Posts: 859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
1st let me say once again......

DID YOU HAVE FUN!!!!!!



If so I did my job and Im happy no matter what....

But let me say thank you to all of all and anybody that had a hand in this since 2007....and before...10 years of Thunder RC and I cant think of a better way to celebrate than by putting together the largest entry event EVER!!!

This isn't possible without the #1 ingredient...RACERS!!!....all the promotion, prizes,trophies,sponsors, or entertainment is at best 2nd place to the racers...

I hope you guys understand this...and that's why I do this year after year...you racers are like family, and without you its just a building and carpet.

now to hit on one subject that I was trying to avoid...it seems that somebody decided to help themselves to some "items with Presidential" appeal. It has been looked at and looked at and looked at.....and I have make the determination to give this person or persons the chance not to catch my wrath in the worst way....

Here is what I need...

go to your nearest post office and take my envelope and ALL of its contents and put them in the blue mailbox with my address on it

Myron Kinnard
PO Box 70779
Nashville,TN 37207

you don't need a return address or a name....

once you do this sale all your RC stuff and never EVER return to this hobby... cause if you do....I promise I will make sure every person knows and sees your wonderful 15 min of fame video....

or even worst...I will come see you personally and that's is the God honest worst thing that can happen to you and everyone you care about....

So do the right thing and keep your little secret between a few, or act like what Im say isn't true or possible and call my bluff....and then you will find out the true BLUE.....

Smile for the camera
well i didnt have no fun
plus i didnt have a trophy or my hat & shirt...(reedy)...to coe home with me...smh
& why would anybody take from a wonderful event...smh
__________________
DESOTO RACING,,SERPENT S411 3.0 USGT,,S411 3.0 17.5,,MOTIV,,FRP PAINT WORKS
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:58 AM   #791
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 59
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Myron as an enemy..NOW THAT IS A SCARY THOUGHT!
mhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:52 AM   #792
Tech Elite
 
orcadigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,145
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoods34 View Post
Dunno about some of you guys, but my entry fee went towards 3 days of great racing, hanging out with friends, and meeting new people.

If your first thought after an event like this is getting upset over a piece of wood, you probably should've stayed home.
It was great meeting everyone this year. Cody thanks again for all the help in TC. Car was soo much better, though my driving sure lacked a bit. Was focusing a bit too much on 12th scale. Only get to hit Dirla if I make the A...

Thanks to everyone for a great week, Dirla for hosting, Myron for running everything, all the GA folks for putting up with me, the Bama folks for expecting me to put up with them, and everyone else who made this a great race.

I need my trophy just so I can prove I beat Dirla!

PS. Batteries arrived, thank you Dirla and EA! All set for October!
__________________
Desoto Racing * Serpent America * Boca Bearings

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
orcadigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:26 PM   #793
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 7,888
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

unfortunately the trophies have not came...been back and forward with FedEx and I am getting nowhere....so I am going to re-order the 40 missing trophies and send them out myself....thanks for being patient with me...

results here

http://results.rc50.com/Thunder_RC_Nashville/2014USVTA/
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/RockStar Paint, LLC
2017 USVTA Scale Nationals
Windy City RC in Arlington Heights IL
April 8-9
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:20 PM   #794
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 7,888
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

here is what I have that ppl sign up for

missing trophy

12th scale 4th place A-main
USGT D-main winner
Pro VTA B-main winner
F1 Expo 3rd place A-main
Pro VTA C-main winner
F1 Expo 8th place A-main
F1 Expo 4th place A-main
12th scale 7th place A-main
Jr VTA 3rd place A-main
USGT B-main winner
Pro VTA 7th place A-main
Pro VTA 6th place A-main
USGT 7th place A-main
Pro VTA 2nd place A-main

anybody else?.....
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/RockStar Paint, LLC
2017 USVTA Scale Nationals
Windy City RC in Arlington Heights IL
April 8-9
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:02 PM   #795
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,292
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post

now to hit on one subject that I was trying to avoid...it seems that somebody decided to help themselves to some "items with Presidential" appeal. It has been looked at and looked at and looked at.....and I have make the determination to give this person or persons the chance not to catch my wrath in the worst way....

Here is what I need...

go to your nearest post office and take my envelope and ALL of its contents and put them in the blue mailbox with my address on it

Myron Kinnard
PO Box 70779
Nashville,TN 37207

you don't need a return address or a name....

once you do this sale all your RC stuff and never EVER return to this hobby... cause if you do....I promise I will make sure every person knows and sees your wonderful 15 min of fame video....

or even worst...I will come see you personally and that's is the God honest worst thing that can happen to you and everyone you care about....

So do the right thing and keep your little secret between a few, or act like what Im say isn't true or possible and call my bluff....and then you will find out the true BLUE.....

Smile for the camera
Myron-

You and I have spoken via text on this matter

They are not welcome here, if and when they show up here they will be asked to leave,nor is anyone else who pulls crap like this at an event that is put together for them.

Eric
__________________
Team Novak,Gravity RC,
ercwhtsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:53 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net