Search
Like Tree4Likes

Xray t4'15

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Xray t4'15

Well it's almost half way to 2015 and only a few more months till the new T4 is out. So what does everyone WANT to see in the new car? What do you THINK Xray will change or add?
Old 06-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Shaun B22
Well it's almost half way to 2015 and only a few more months till the new T4 is out. So what does everyone WANT to see in the new car? What do you THINK Xray will change or add?
Something non orange?
Old 06-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Wouldn't surprise me if all they did was do a BD7 2014 style spur/pulley setup.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

I would settle for nothing new if the price dropped. Heck, I'll even be happy if I got the postage free!

If that don't cut it, I am writing Santa.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dan
Wouldn't surprise me if all they did was do a BD7 2014 style spur/pulley setup.
That would make changing spurs a lot easier. As long as they don't do a BD7-2014 style motor mount to go with it. From what I've seen that makes the rear of the chassis too stiff. My Xray kills the BD7s in the traction zones on med/low grip circuits.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daleburr
That would make changing spurs a lot easier. As long as they don't do a BD7-2014 style motor mount to go with it. From what I've seen that makes the rear of the chassis too stiff. My Xray kills the BD7s in the traction zones on med/low grip circuits.
Which bit of their mount do you mean?
Old 06-25-2014, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 on changing spur gears. I find it a little awkward.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know how much they can improve on the current car. Any things I'd like to see changed are minor. I would mainly just like to see certain optional parts as standard kit parts.

I'd like to see a new upper bumper piece that lines up with the bulkhead. If not, it should at least include the add-on brace in the kit. ECS included in the kit. Adjustable lipo hooks included as well.

This doesn't need to be in the kit, but I'd like some optional longer body posts, mainly just the rear ones. The standard posts are more than enough for a normal sedan shell, but are a little short for some of the USGT shells.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

That would mostly likely be a T5, not a T4 2015
Old 06-25-2014, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Which bit of their mount do you mean?
The motor mount on the 2014 BD7 is very long, starting all the way behind the spur, and bolts across the centre-line of the chassis. To me it looks like it creates quite a bit of stiffness in an area where you want the option of having lots of flex on tarmac. I've not built one myself, so feel free to take this as (un)educated guesswork

You can see the large gap between the layshaft mount and suspension blocks on the Xray:

http://rcnewz.com/wp-content/uploads...-t4-2014-8.jpg

Whereas on the Yok all those bits of alloy are almost touching, limiting the ability of the chassis to flex:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_-ZBupbU9n...77029809_n.jpg

I think the current Xray mount, with the various block/post/screw options gives a wide range of flex settings. I'm certainly finding the T4'14 to work really well in all conditions, especially low grip on old tyres where the Yok struggles.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:38 AM
Tech Adept

add front ECS , but first make them less fragile.

maybe a slider steering rack

The new active rear

And +1 on the gear change
Old 06-25-2014, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi guys, i seriously doubt there will be a t5 this year coming, T1 1999
T2 2005 T3 2009 T4 2013 T5 ? my guess 2017 or possibly 2016, what would be good to see ? why not include option parts from new ? ECS, low friction belts, alloy steering arms, front brace stiffener etc... i mean we pay top dollar for the best only it is not the best until it is optioned up?., I know i know i know Xray needs to make money to stay viable and i am not bagging them, in my opinion the quality is worth the extra price ,... but maybe something to make them a little more affordable, i know they used to do the t2r and t3r but most people just upgraded them anyway. so what would i like to see,? well minimal change so i'm not tempted by new kit , unless it is going to give a really big advantage it will take a bit to drag me away from my t4 13 cars and inventory, but what i would most like is a reduction in spare prices, say 20 to 25 % would be nice....
its o.k to dream isn't it?
cheers
oldenuff
Old 06-25-2014, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It would be nice to see a T4R actually: Get some new people out there racing with a decent car. ECS front shafts in the box would be good as nearly everyone fits them to their car as it is and they cost a damn fortune to buy separately.
And how about bringing the packaging back up to an ultra high standard? The T1 came in the box with the bulkheads attached to the chassis so you would get a beautiful presentation upon the first time you open the box. There is a huge culture of "unboxing" out there now: It's one of the great joys of being a consumer.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes a T4R indeed. That would get more racers racing Xray for sure.

My guess is they will fix the steering design to lower the cg like on the BD7 and change the motor mount. Easier gear change design.

I really miss Xray detail like chamfered edges. The toe blocks look like bricks.

Originally Posted by WheelNut
It would be nice to see a T4R actually: Get some new people out there racing with a decent car. ECS front shafts in the box would be good as nearly everyone fits them to their car as it is and they cost a damn fortune to buy separately.
And how about bringing the packaging back up to an ultra high standard? The T1 came in the box with the bulkheads attached to the chassis so you would get a beautiful presentation upon the first time you open the box. There is a huge culture of "unboxing" out there now: It's one of the great joys of being a consumer.

Last edited by RCknight; 06-27-2014 at 01:58 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

How about full carbon fiber and aluminum short course truck. Madness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.