Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Xray t4'15

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 02:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Different plastic for the xray spur gear. Xray plastic such as for the arms are really strong which makes me wonder why their spur gears are so soft compared to spec r, xenon, panaracer, leespeed. that's it
Old 07-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

t4r = spec-r s2? cheap
Old 07-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by WheelNut
It would be nice to see a T4R actually: Get some new people out there racing with a decent car. ECS front shafts in the box would be good as nearly everyone fits them to their car as it is and they cost a damn fortune to buy separately.
And how about bringing the packaging back up to an ultra high standard? The T1 came in the box with the bulkheads attached to the chassis so you would get a beautiful presentation upon the first time you open the box. There is a huge culture of "unboxing" out there now: It's one of the great joys of being a consumer.
Excellent post .

Ya , hows about stepping up the kit experience . I for one REALLY enjoy that "first build" experience . Put some of the nicer option parts in the box too. People will pay for it . Look at Awsomatix. Make two kits . A T415 and a T415R .
Old 07-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Want for T4'15: floating servo mount (like serpent), Transponder mount in the front bumper. Options I want are: standard shock tower & shocks (shocks from NT1'15), ball diff (yes I still run a ball diff).
Old 07-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

It would be nice if they made a slightly discounted optimized version with the esc's, arm stiffeners, white belts, etc all in the same box.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
It would be nice if they made a slightly discounted optimized version with the esc's, arm stiffeners, white belts, etc all in the same box.
Not sure if the word "discounted" and "optimized" can be fit in the same box?

I would think it would be best ( i could be wrong) to make two kits straight out of the gate . Plain Jane and a race version maxed out with all the options and let folks pick which route they want to go . Doubt they would do it as not as much profit as "spoon feeding " people along for an entire year or more on option part sales . Sure would be nice though . Skip all the B/S !!
Old 07-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Chassi optimised for 335-340g lipo
Lipo area chassi thinned for lower CG
Floating Spur mount as per BD7
Old 07-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Well you would remove the stock belts and stock front driveshafts from the box to make room for the optimized white belts and esc's. Thats where the "discount" would come from. So what, $13 more for the white belts in the kit vs $43 retail.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
Well you would remove the stock belts and stock front driveshafts from the box to make room for the optimized white belts and esc's. Thats where the "discount" would come from. So what, $13 more for the white belts in the kit vs $43 retail.

Okay . Your version of the word "optimized" and mine are two different things . That's okay though . If $13.00 in option parts seals the deal for ya then rock on !!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Its just an example of how optimized and discounted can fit in the same box. Subtracting the cost of stock belts and stock driveshafts = discount. Or do you want the kit cost of $500+/- and then add another $150+/- for the white belts and ecs's? Not to mention adding the front bumper brace, aluminum steering arms, top deck mount, and arm stiffeners. All those could be discounted off retail price if automatically added into the kit. With no distributor discount to account for, those parts would easily be cheaper.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Rookie

I honestly don't give a crap what the kit cost . Just give me a FULL ON OPTIONED kit that gives me all the choices I want and the standard kit if I want to option it out one piece at a time . That's all I'm saying .

Slow ur row a bit partner ... it's just a forum of opinions !! No one is right or wrong here !!

Last edited by brokenspirit; 07-07-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

I spend $ 500.00 + dollars on a supposed "top of the line" kit and then get nickled and dimed to death for the next year or so ONLY to find out that after I have paid all the ransom notes for the hop ups or even worse the parts needed to cover up the vendors screw ups the next version is on the wire !!

After 10 plus kit builds , it gets a bit OLD !!
Old 07-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What Xray needs to do is start getting more racers using their product. The best way to do that is release a T15R version while it's hot off the production line. Not two-three years later. A basic R version like they have done in the past will get more people into a Xray. If it comes between buying a plastic tub TC4 or a shiny new aluminum R version for an extra $50 what model do you think people will buy? If you at least get them into a R version you can at least expect to sell more parts. Why Xray thinks customers will spend $500 just to get into an Xray is simply crazy. People that can spend $500 on an RC will anyway. I simply won't spend that much any more and I'm waiting for a new R version, whenever that happens.

Last edited by RCknight; 07-10-2014 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Non of the top of the line kits come with all option parts.
BTW anyone ever checked how many people already running Xrays, I'm talking not about the mid west. I'm talking the whole world. Therefore I'm not seeing any full option or a R kit on the horizon.
I believe that we will see different bulk heads, plasic inserts with finer adjustment and updated upper and lower deck. We may even get the ars system in the box, which I believe is only good for pro racer. We avarerage racer will have a hard time to get any benefit out of it.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:22 AM
Tech Rookie

$ 500.00 was kind of an arbitrary number but just looking around , I don't see many of what I would consider top of the line competition going for much less than that .

No , of course every option part will never be in the box . One can wish though Were just tossing around fantasy here a bit . Would be nice if they did offer a kit that wasn't labeled as an "R" version that included $20 worth of real cost parts .

The entire time I have been thinking about a T15 the Awesomatix keeps coming to mind . Maybe they don't have quite the following that XRay does but they have made some serious heat on the track and gaining fast in popularity . They also include a LOT of top quality parts straight in the box . Yes, the 700 EVO is close to $ 900.00 but stays in a back order state most of the time so they must be doin something right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.