Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh cool! I haven't checked the newest setups
Old 06-18-2015, 10:06 PM   #1352
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
The RSD ECS for the T4 are a direct fit, but they use a 3mm inner hub bearing (and come with the bearings). I use them and they work well.

You can also use Tamiya DCJs, but those require different outdrive cups.
What kind of outdrive cups would you need for the Tamiya DCJs to fit in the T4 '15? Would the tamiya outdrive cups be a direct fit or another aftermarket specifically designed for the Xray?
alecladanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:27 PM   #1353
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I've been running the RSD axles in the front of my mod car and really like them. Best bang for the buck in my opinion. I can't remember the last time I had an axle failure.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:04 AM   #1354
Tech Fanatic

If you do not want to use the XRAY ECS' many at our club uses ECS' from Arrowmax.

They are durable, and a direct fit. No need for new bearings, cups etc. they are a DIRECT fit

http://www.fast-webshop.com/tonispor...m-Spring-Steel
Old 06-19-2015, 12:31 AM   #1355
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecladanga View Post
What kind of outdrive cups would you need for the Tamiya DCJs to fit in the T4 '15? Would the tamiya outdrive cups be a direct fit or another aftermarket specifically designed for the Xray?
Smokem Racing: http://shop.smokem-racing.com/Smokem...DCJs_p_20.html

Problem is, they only have cups for a spool. They made cups for a front diff, but something went wrong with the design process and they didn't assemble properly (Smokem refunded buyers like me). I'm still waiting on them to come out with cups for a diff.

I have the Xray, RSD and Tamiya ECJs/DCJs, the Xray gave me trouble in the past but have been solid lately. I see now they have the "ES" version coming out: http://www.redrc.net/2015/06/xray-t4...t-driveshafts/

Honestly, if I had to only keep one I think I'd keep the RSD at this point.

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:29 AM   #1356
Tech Fanatic

We use the new extra strong Hudy ECS's (which have been out for some months actually) and they are durable. Have not broken one yet.

Broke the old version of the Hudy ECS' so can really say that the "new" one is good.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:38 PM   #1357
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
We use the new extra strong Hudy ECS's (which have been out for some months actually) and they are durable. Have not broken one yet.

Broke the old version of the Hudy ECS' so can really say that the "new" one is good.
That's good to know. I haven't broken the "old" ECS, but they are definitely worn out now, spring steel or not. Are the "new" heavy duty ones using bigger pins?

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:30 PM   #1358
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
That's good to know. I haven't broken the "old" ECS, but they are definitely worn out now, spring steel or not. Are the "new" heavy duty ones using bigger pins?
As I understand it, the first version of the Hudy ECS had 1.5mm pins, which broke, the second version had 2mm pins to remedy this, which where the first ones we tried. In these the ball head at the end of the axle going from the outdrive was a little smaller than the ball head on the short axle (the one the wheel is attached to).

We broke several of these.

The latest version, the extra strong, have axle ball heads that are equally sized, meaning that the ball head at end of the ECS axle going from the outdrive is now physically bigger and more strong.

This modification have made them durable. We have not broken any of the extra strongs.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:55 PM   #1359
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
As I understand it, the first version of the Hudy ECS had 1.5mm pins, which broke, the second version had 2mm pins to remedy this, which where the first ones we tried. In these the ball head at the end of the axle going from the outdrive was a little smaller than the ball head on the short axle (the one the wheel is attached to).

We broke several of these.

The latest version, the extra strong, have axle ball heads that are equally sized, meaning that the ball head at end of the ECS axle going from the outdrive is now physically bigger and more strong.

This modification have made them durable. We have not broken any of the extra strongs.
Yeah, the old 1.5mm pin ECS would often break pins and then usually mangle the ECS in the middle. The v2 ones wouldn't break the pins, but the shaft would shear off at the ball (I shudder to think about the number of those that I sheared off, almost entirely just from hitting the brakes at the end of the straight. $$$$$) The new Extra strong ones have been really solid so far. No complaints.

I've used Arrowmax ECS as well. They aren't bad for the price. Just need to flip the retaining springs around on one side so they don't accidentally pop off from nicking the chub while rotating.

The new extra strong xray ECS seem to be the best so far. Will buy again, no doubt.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:15 AM   #1360
Tech Master

My PSS just arrived. When checking the pro driver setup of Coelho, I saw that he used the standard 1.1mm 4 hole pistons with the PSS. Is that correct? Will the standard pistons fit into the shock body with the PSS tubes?
Old 06-20-2015, 05:43 AM   #1361
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcc View Post
My PSS just arrived. When checking the pro driver setup of Coelho, I saw that he used the standard 1.1mm 4 hole pistons with the PSS. Is that correct? Will the standard pistons fit into the shock body with the PSS tubes?
typo,has to be
Old 06-20-2015, 06:26 AM   #1362
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcc View Post
Don't think they will fit, but didn't occur to me to see if they would.

Ran them on carpet last night, back to back checking, PSS with 500cSt against 4x1.1 with 400cSt.
Couldn't honestly feel any difference between them.

I did two runs with each (proper rounds of quali) swapping back and forth and my fastest laps were separated by 3 hundreths across the runs!

Perhaps they work better on more flowing track, ours tends to have some tight 180's etc, and running boost we tend to brake late and try and throw the cars in.

Asphalt testing at my local track on Sunday

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 05:25 AM   #1363
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Smokem Racing: http://shop.smokem-racing.com/Smokem...DCJs_p_20.html

Problem is, they only have cups for a spool. They made cups for a front diff, but something went wrong with the design process and they didn't assemble properly (Smokem refunded buyers like me). I'm still waiting on them to come out with cups for a diff.

I have the Xray, RSD and Tamiya ECJs/DCJs, the Xray gave me trouble in the past but have been solid lately. I see now they have the "ES" version coming out: http://www.redrc.net/2015/06/xray-t4...t-driveshafts/

Honestly, if I had to only keep one I think I'd keep the RSD at this point.
Thanks for the info
alecladanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:26 PM   #1364
Tech Regular

Does anyone know what (front) belts are very durable? I have been using Xray, Zeppin Racing and Spec-R, but all of them are not durable enough for modified (compared to other belts for cars I owned before).

Is there a good brand that makes rubber belts preferably? Have had good experience with rubber (coated ) belts...

www.machheemstede.nl
..................................Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Gkh2xZcQU
Modified 4 life
Govert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:53 PM   #1365
Tech Regular

Xray white low friction belts are good. but $$$

The kit yokomo bd7 belts are awesome and very cheap.
DamianW is online now   Reply With Quote