Like Tree4Likes

Xray t4'15

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hershey66
Hi
How good is this car stock out of the box on the track?
Is it easy to tune it for your track or does it take awhile to get it to work right?
Looks amazing ,just wonder if it is really worth the money?

My second choice is the durango detc410
Just like every xray I have owned this thing is a absolute weapon out of the box. By far the best car I've owned so far.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

I am looking for a set of Alu steering blocks for my T14. I cant find any in UK model shops or even Ebay. Can anyone tell me where to get some from. they do not have to be original xray.
Cheers
Kevin
I may have some of the ones I used to make in stock. I will check over the weekend.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Hi
How good is this car stock out of the box on the track?
Is it easy to tune it for your track or does it take awhile to get it to work right?
Looks amazing ,just wonder if it is really worth the money?

My second choice is the durango detc410
The xray goes even better than it looks. The build quality is exceptional, and it's very strong. You get what you pay for, and in the long run it pays back as you don't need a load of spares or option parts.

The Durango isn't in the same league, it's cheap for a reason.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Out of the box the t4 15 is competitive, the base setup is a great starting point and you will have more than enough support from other xray drivers.
+1 great handling, durable car with plenty of support to get it to your liking and be competitive.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Great! Thank you everyone for your comments on the xray. I decided that's what I will get.
If I need help with tuning can I just post questions in this thread?
Does the out of the box setup tend to work better on asphalt or carpet?
Old 02-28-2015, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Great! Thank you everyone for your comments on the xray. I decided that's what I will get.
If I need help with tuning can I just post questions in this thread?
Does the out of the box setup tend to work better on asphalt or carpet?
Yep, just ask questions here and/or on Xray's forum on their website

On their website they have two downloadable setup's, one for asphalt and one for carpet.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Yep, just ask questions here and/or on Xray's forum on their website

On their website they have two downloadable setup's, one for asphalt and one for carpet.
The kit asphalt setup is really very good (I have no carpet xperience). Anyone I've seen complaining of handling issues are running weird setups well away from the kit standard.

So start there, read the Hudy setup guide, and ask on here if you're struggling
Old 03-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr
The kit asphalt setup is really very good (I have no carpet xperience). Anyone I've seen complaining of handling issues are running weird setups well away from the kit standard.

So start there, read the Hudy setup guide, and ask on here if you're struggling
Just to add to this for low grip asphalt the kit setup works well. If you are racing on high grip asphalt try more camber gain by removing the shims on the upper inner link and stiffer springs 2.6s or 2.7s.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Awesome. Thank you everyone for the tips
Old 03-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default front diff

I just thought of a question.
Is everyone still running the spool front differential?
Has anyone switched to a gear diff?
Just curious because I was reading the durango guys switched to a gear diff with ear plug putty in it.
Is that a common touring thing or just something those guys are only doing?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

I just thought of a question.
Is everyone still running the spool front differential?
Has anyone switched to a gear diff?
Just curious because I was reading the durango guys switched to a gear diff with ear plug putty in it.
Is that a common touring thing or just something those guys are only doing?
To start with, just run a spool. When you've extracted 99% of the performance of the car and you're looking for other options to find the last 0.01s, a diff might be worth a try. But personally I never run one.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I personally go back and forth with a front gear diff. Currently, it's on the car. 2.5mil cst in it. I dont ever recommend putty or ear plugs, as they break down over time and makes the diff really really inconsistent.

I use the diff when I want more corner entry steering, and less on power steering. It also seems to suit my driving style better, as I usually go in really deep into a corner, and expect the car to rotate on command. Others with a more "Refined" and "smoother" driving style might not benefit from this as much. I personally like it. I used it yesterday, and from the qual to main only switched the rear diff fluid and went up to 3k from 800, and lengthened all the camber links. car rotated well, had plenty of steering and was stable. very consistant. I also run a different spring package then anyone at my track atleast, but I have it working quite well for me. I also ran some new, other parts for the car, but that isn't on point here.

I would use the diff as a tuning tool like anything else. I can see it benefiting what I outlined above, especially on more technical tracks or ones with tight turns when you want more entry steering.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I am currently setting up 2 T4's for our new track.

The first is a T4 '13 edition that I bought used, set up for VTA and the speedo seems to be acting strange. I think the pinion may be overgeared. Does anyone know the recommended gearing for this class?

The second one is a new '15 model that I am going to use for either 17.5 or Mod class depending upon what people are going to run there. My question though is whether or not to use the stock chassis or the aluminum one everyone seems to be running.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slippery Dan
I am currently setting up 2 T4's for our new track.

The first is a T4 '13 edition that I bought used, set up for VTA and the speedo seems to be acting strange. I think the pinion may be overgeared. Does anyone know the recommended gearing for this class?

The second one is a new '15 model that I am going to use for either 17.5 or Mod class depending upon what people are going to run there. My question though is whether or not to use the stock chassis or the aluminum one everyone seems to be running.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
For the second question it depends on your track. If it's higher grip, run the aluminum chassis, if its low-medium grip, run carbon.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
I gotta stop reading this thread Having thought I had decided on the T4 over the BD7 a fellow racers mention a few locals were converting back to standard size shocks, this leading me here to see how many people might be doing so. Reading the quality control issues along with plastic ball shims and steering rack arms has almost put me back to the BD7. Thee only thing keeping me towards Xray is there durability as I'm a intermediate driver who enjoys racing Modified.

Hmmm buying a new brand hurts my head.
At my club there are many different brands of cars BD7 DURANGO TRF whatever but now specially end of last year till now I see only Xray T4'15 and a few T4'14 and this is not because the top drivers running xray.
The main thing is people have not to much time to have maintenance there car (lazy) and I have one issue of a missing ball stud but after good looking in the corner of the bag an issue was solved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.