R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 02-03-2015, 09:57 AM   #961
Tech Rookie

Didn't Xray win F1, either? I've read Jan Ratheisky won Stock, SuperStock and F1! Impressive results for Team Xray anyway...
Old 02-03-2015, 11:24 AM   #962
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebbo View Post
Didn't Xray win F1, either? I've read Jan Ratheisky won Stock, SuperStock and F1! Impressive results for Team Xray anyway...
Yes he did and had 4 Xray F1 in the A main as well!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:57 PM   #963
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Xray won the amateur tc class, stock tc, super stock tc, mod tc and 12th scale mod. It also tq'd vta and had the fastest laps in the main but young Jarrett parsons just had no luck. The entire Xray team worked awesome together to come up with some really fast and easy to drive setups for everyone. They should be listed up on the site soon!

EA
Very impressive.
Great job everyone!!

Awesomatix USA/ Side Piece Racing / TQ Wire / CR Graphics / R1 Wurks / LRP /Jackson RC Raceway / Horsham RC Raceway/Brownies Hobbies
Al Sodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:55 PM   #964
Tech Regular

Has anyone here successfully played around with the 4 wheel steering? So does it actually work or is it just a marketing fad? If it does work, under what conditions would you use it in?
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #965
Tech Fanatic

Check this tread out: ARS/ATS Is it faster?. Some like it and some don't. Some are disappointed that they were not 5 seconds faster with it. And some didn't know what to do or didn't take the time to figure it out.
Old 02-07-2015, 03:00 AM   #966
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
Has anyone here successfully played around with the 4 wheel steering? So does it actually work or is it just a marketing fad? If it does work, under what conditions would you use it in?
It isn't 4 wheel steering, it adjusts the toe in under compression.
I found it made the car feel inconsistent, lap times were almost identical to the std rear end, but I felt the std rear end was more consistent so I felt I could push harder with the std rear end
Barry_Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:38 AM   #967
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I race 13.5 stock on 2 totally different tracks with my 15. 1 is an indoor tight technical the other is an outdoor fast flowing (designed for 1/5) track. I have been running with ARS from the day I built the kit and just 1 week ago I decided to remove it. I have done 1 race meet at each track since and I have no intentions of putt ARS back on. The car in my opinion changes direction faster and is way more predictable. I was reluctant to take it out but wish I had done weeks/months ago.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:48 AM   #968
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabroom View Post
Check this tread out: ARS/ATS Is it faster?. Some like it and some don't. Some are disappointed that they were not 5 seconds faster with it. And some didn't know what to do or didn't take the time to figure it out.
Yeah, it appears to be a marketing fad... I suppose if it were any good, Hagberg would be running it in ETS.
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:38 AM   #969
Tech Fanatic

It looks like they don't work on carpet.
Old 02-07-2015, 03:31 PM   #970
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I maiden the '15 today on asphalt. Other than just some minor changes to the stock setup, I was very happy with the performance. Very consistent.
SpidarX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:36 PM   #971
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm not sure anybody has ARS figured out yet. I tried all the tricks mentioned in various threads and my car still felt inconsistent and broken. Went back to the trusty graphite arms in the rear and everything was magical again.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:31 PM   #972
Tech Rookie

Shims under shock questions.

What do they do? Are there just to free up the shocks, or are there for altering the handling characteristics? Have you noticed a difference?

And if so, how do these work, how do they affect the handling and what is the difference between adding more shims to the upper part or the lower part of the shock?

Thank you in advanced.
Takvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 04:28 PM   #973
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takvor View Post
Shims under shock questions.

What do they do? Are there just to free up the shocks, or are there for altering the handling characteristics? Have you noticed a difference?

And if so, how do these work, how do they affect the handling and what is the difference between adding more shims to the upper part or the lower part of the shock?

Thank you in advanced.
From the awesome Hagberg app: "Over the last few years, teams have been experimenting with adjusting the distance between the actual shock and the shock tower. As can be seen in some driverís set-up sheets, they have shimmed their shocks out 1-2mm away from the shock towers. The change in leverage of the shock towards the shock tower will actually decrease lateral grip at that end of the car. So for instance, if the front shocks are spaced out 2mm, this will have a similar effect to standing up the front shocks. The car will have less initial steering, but will also be smoother to drive. If this is done both in the front and rear at the same time, the main benefit seems to be; more overall corner speed, as the car is freer through turns. The lateral grip is decreased slightly, but the smoother feeling and the increased high speed steering are both great benefits, especially for high grip tracks."
Old 02-08-2015, 10:26 PM   #974
Tech Apprentice

How can there be more corner speed while less lateral grip? Makes no sense to me...
Worst87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:36 AM   #975
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jan Ratheisky once said when asked lately, that he does not see why or what shimming the shocks should bring on track...

For the AE shocks, us drivers shimmed them to make prevent the piston to rub inside the shock body. Something that is not needed for the Xray shocks.