R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2015, 03:51 PM   #946
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...&setup=t4_2015
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:55 PM   #947
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: wrexham UK
Posts: 76
Default T4-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
No you haven't


see the link in the above post

Last edited by andrewd; 01-27-2015 at 10:45 AM.
andrewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:08 AM   #948
Tech Fanatic
 
Salkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 882
Default

In Martin Hudy's LRP start setup, the eccentric bushings in the rear seems to add to the standard toe of 3 degree, but still the setup sheet states 3 degree for final toe in.

Can someone please explain that to me.

Martin's setup:

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...&setup=t4_2015
__________________
Yokomo BD7 2016 Black Series - MuchMore Fleta Pro / MuchMore ZX - Highest DLP650 - Sanwa M12
Salkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:13 AM   #949
Tech Master
 
rcfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Irvine, CA.
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

I just picked up a T4 15. Was in the process of ordering spur gears and there appears to be several between the various Xray sedans. Is the part number I need for a 64 pitch 96 spur - XRA305866

http://www.amain.com/xray-64p-offset...ar-96t/p173469
rcfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:21 AM   #950
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,872
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

Can you use the stock chassis on the T4 14, would like to play around with the ARS.
__________________
Jermaine Mitchell
I laugh at serious racers acting like B****
Free Agent racing team. No sponsors needed.
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #951
Tech Master
 
rcfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Irvine, CA.
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfiend View Post
I just picked up a T4 15. Was in the process of ordering spur gears and there appears to be several between the various Xray sedans. Is the part number I need for a 64 pitch 96 spur - XRA305866

http://www.amain.com/xray-64p-offset...ar-96t/p173469
Disregard, I just checked the manual and its the correct spur gear. I've been out of On-Road for awhile. What's the preferred body for carpet racing?
rcfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:52 AM   #952
Tech Master
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfiend View Post
Disregard, I just checked the manual and its the correct spur gear. I've been out of On-Road for awhile. What's the preferred body for carpet racing?
PF Mazdaspeed6 is the most popular choice for carpet. The New PF Dodge Dart looks to be a good shell for carpet as well.


Although those offset spurs can work, I've never liked using them. I prefer CoreRC, Titan or Leespeed for 64P spur gears.
__________________
Dave Locke
Team PerformanceHobbies.ca | ORCA RC | Bodies by Brandon | Team Meeting
XRAY T4'15 x2 | XRAY XB4 | XRAY XB8E | XRAY XB8
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:07 AM   #953
Tech Master
 
rcfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Irvine, CA.
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
PF Mazdaspeed6 is the most popular choice for carpet. The New PF Dodge Dart looks to be a good shell for carpet as well.


Although those offset spurs can work, I've never liked using them. I prefer CoreRC, Titan or Leespeed for 64P spur gears.
Thanks for the information Locked. I'll take a look at the other spur gears as well.
rcfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:49 PM   #954
Tech Fanatic
 
Salkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
In Martin Hudy's LRP start setup, the eccentric bushings in the rear seems to add to the standard toe of 3 degree, but still the setup sheet states 3 degree for final toe in.

Can someone please explain that to me.

Martin's setup:

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...&setup=t4_2015
New corrected setup sheet posted.
__________________
Yokomo BD7 2016 Black Series - MuchMore Fleta Pro / MuchMore ZX - Highest DLP650 - Sanwa M12
Salkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:22 PM   #955
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
In Martin Hudy's LRP start setup, the eccentric bushings in the rear seems to add to the standard toe of 3 degree, but still the setup sheet states 3 degree for final toe in.

Can someone please explain that to me.

Martin's setup:

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...&setup=t4_2015
Kit pivot blocks creatr 3deg of rear toe, sheet is correct
__________________
Xray T4'16, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2016
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:24 PM   #956
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoneym View Post
Can you use the stock chassis on the T4 14, would like to play around with the ARS.
Not without some changes, servo mount for example, is different holes in chassis as well as different screws and holes for motor mount etc.
__________________
Xray T4'16, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2016
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:31 PM   #957
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 93
Default

I have added the 2 holes for the ARS system to my '14 aluminum chassis. You can see them in the attached pic. The motor mount and servo mount holes are different in the '15 chassis.
Attached Thumbnails
Xray t4'15-ttchassis3.jpg  
team_tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:34 AM   #958
LKF
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by team_tamale View Post
I have added the 2 holes for the ARS system to my '14 aluminum chassis. You can see them in the attached pic. The motor mount and servo mount holes are different in the '15 chassis.
thats right. i would do the same - drill two new holes in 2014 chassis plate.
its easier and cheaper.
LKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:33 AM   #959
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,862
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Xray won the amateur tc class, stock tc, super stock tc, mod tc and 12th scale mod. It also tq'd vta and had the fastest laps in the main but young Jarrett parsons just had no luck. The entire Xray team worked awesome together to come up with some really fast and easy to drive setups for everyone. They should be listed up on the site soon!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:07 AM   #960
Tech Master
 
oladele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: blackwood,NJ
Posts: 1,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Xray won the amateur tc class, stock tc, super stock tc, mod tc and 12th scale mod. It also tq'd vta and had the fastest laps in the main but young Jarrett parsons just had no luck. The entire Xray team worked awesome together to come up with some really fast and easy to drive setups for everyone. They should be listed up on the site soon!

EA
Great job EA and Team Xray
oladele is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:32 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0