Like Tree4Likes

Xray t4'15

Old 01-20-2015, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HVFracingwilly
So I installed a set of Reflex racing ECS shafts at the beginning of a normal race day..... I chased the cars poor handling for the entire practice session blaming low grip levels yada yada.... finally i went back to my standard setup which is essentially the kit setup with a few camber link shim changes and a 1mm shim between the steering block and link on the ARS system.

Basically the car felt totally disconnected from the track and would randomly snap over steer sometimes on corner entry sometimes on exit..

I didn't manage to finish a single qualifier as it was to dramatic to drive in close competition and I didn't want to cause more harm to others on the track.

Before the main I removed the ECS shafts and went back to the standard kit shafts and the car was a rocket I manged to bump from dead last in the C main to an overall finish for the day second in the A main.

I doubt others have seen this but does anyone have a clue what I am missing?
I haven't seen that effect but I can imagine it happening if they are binding in any way. Double check they are nice and free out of the car in all directions. Some minor filing on the inside of the sleeve where the barrel is inserted is neede at times.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by erchn
I haven't seen that effect but I can imagine it happening if they are binding in any way. Double check they are nice and free out of the car in all directions. Some minor filing on the inside of the sleeve where the barrel is inserted is neede at times.
I do agree a bind would cause issues like this, however the shafts are very free and easy to rotate in and imaginable direction.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

One other thing to check is ensure the bones are bottoming out in the spool before you reach your desired up travel.

This can definitely happen if using aftermarket spool cups and the wrong style or length screw.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HVFracingwilly
So I installed a set of Reflex racing ECS shafts at the beginning of a normal race day..... I chased the cars poor handling for the entire practice session blaming low grip levels yada yada.... finally i went back to my standard setup which is essentially the kit setup with a few camber link shim changes and a 1mm shim between the steering block and link on the ARS system.

Basically the car felt totally disconnected from the track and would randomly snap over steer sometimes on corner entry sometimes on exit..

I didn't manage to finish a single qualifier as it was to dramatic to drive in close competition and I didn't want to cause more harm to others on the track.

Before the main I removed the ECS shafts and went back to the standard kit shafts and the car was a rocket I manged to bump from dead last in the C main to an overall finish for the day second in the A main.

I doubt others have seen this but does anyone have a clue what I am missing?
At the just finished DHI Cup, I was wrenching for my son (10 years) and I installed a set of Arrowmax front axles insted of the Hudy ones. One of the axles fitted nicely without binding into the plastic axle driveshaft adapter, but on the other I had to file a little on the end of the axle pin to get it to move freely in the driveshaft adapter.

It would bind significantly if no filing were done, and it would affect the whole front suspension if not detected.

Another guy had the same Arrowmax axles and rechecked his car and found that one of his was binding slightly also and corrected the issue.

Guess if you're in a hurry and just jam the axles into the driveshafts adapters you may not notice it and your car suffers handlingwise.

Guess it can happen if the tolerance in the pin is off or if the pin is not inserted in the axle end dead center.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
And whether your lower arm is pointing down, horizontal or pointing up at normal ride height.

Raising or lowering the roll centre has nothing to do with camber gain. Any connection is indirect.
Ok.

To directly change the roll centre you can either change the height of the hinge pin and/or change the height on the inner camber link. Everyone would agree on that I expect? The camber gain does change when you do this - Indirectly it may be.

What are you suggesting is the primary change to effect the camber gain? The outer camber link height or the length of the camber link? They are the only two left

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Per the vid is pretty much how I've played around to see the effects
Old 01-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys does anyone know where to get a hudy chassis protector for the t4 15? I got one off eBay for my 14 but can't find one for my 15. Cheers pat
Old 01-20-2015, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
And whether your lower arm is pointing down, horizontal or pointing up at normal ride height.

Raising or lowering the roll centre has nothing to do with camber gain. Any connection is indirect.
Your gonna want to check that statement.

Altering of the roll centre does have an effect on the camber gain, and vice versa. It's all interconnected.

Raising and lowering the lower arm has most affect on the roll centre, but still influences the camber gain

Raising and lowering the upper link has more influence on camber gain, but still does influence the roll centre as well. Same as shortening and lengthening the link.

EDIT - cplus beat me too it..
Old 01-21-2015, 12:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cmy55s
Hey guys does anyone know where to get a hudy chassis protector for the t4 15? I got one off eBay for my 14 but can't find one for my 15. Cheers pat
Would sticking a chassis protector to the bottom of the chassis not alter the flex characteristics of the chassis? If you are serious about the handling and tweaking of your car.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

I ran one on my 14 for 6 months and no problem what so ever car was always fast and went wherever I wanted it to go
Old 01-21-2015, 01:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

I ran one on my 14 for 6 months and no problem what so ever car was always fast and went wherever I wanted it to go
OK, just thought if you were extremely meticulous about setup, a chassis sticker would be a no go.

Even though you feel your car is fast and everything, it could maybe be better without the sticker?

Just out of curiosity, do you use the sticker because you don't want to get your chassis scratched?

Last edited by Salkin; 01-21-2015 at 01:15 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Salkin
OK, just thought if you were extremely meticulous about setup, a chassis sticker would be a no go.

Even though you feel your car is fast and everything, it could maybe be better without the sticker?

Just out of curiosity, do you use the sticker because you don't want to get your chassis scratched?
Yea mate that's why.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...-2-sheets.html
out of stock at the moment as they go very quickly or from
http://www.rcsgraphicworx.co.uk/shop.php?cat=82
Old 01-21-2015, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
Awesome thanks very much.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default T4-15 first run

t4_2015-andrewd-club-night.pdf

i ran for the first time my T4-15 last night and as expected ran well straight off all i need to tweak is the following front and rear end grip i have attached the setup sheet

thanks
Andrew
Old 01-26-2015, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

No you haven't

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.