Like Tree4Likes

Xray t4'15

Old 10-16-2014, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Thats pretty odd then. Perhaps a manufacturing defect in one of the parts. It will work fine either way. I run leespeed gears which are not offset and they work great. As long as its not hitting/binding there shouldn't be an issue.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
Thats pretty odd then. Perhaps a manufacturing defect in one of the parts. It will work fine either way. I run leespeed gears which are not offset and they work great. As long as its not hitting/binding there shouldn't be an issue.
I'll definitely make sure the whole things runs freely, of course, thanks!
Old 10-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

I'm running it wrongly according to the manual, but according to the pics on Alex's FB, it's fine that way. Just flipped around.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Flipped the spur gear, it didn't put it in the centre, as I hoped, now it's quite close to the other side of the top deck and the rear belt.

But the pinion now lines up beautifully, and it clears the deck and the belt by about 0.75mm (no worse than what it was on the other side), so I reckon it's fine.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pphaneuf
Flipped the spur gear, it didn't put it in the centre, as I hoped, now it's quite close to the other side of the top deck and the rear belt.

But the pinion now lines up beautifully, and it clears the deck and the belt by about 0.75mm (no worse than what it was on the other side), so I reckon it's fine.

judging by the amount it has moved by id say the spur is on the mount the wrong way,double check you have the mount sitting into the machined part of the spur,to me its as if the offset is the wrong way hence not central,flip it on the mount,next best fix is to use narrow spurs,it what i use,ive just taken a look at mine and even using the narrow spur it is perfectly central,the main concern is how close it is to the belt,good luck
Old 10-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I'm going to get mine assembled this week. I'm coming off a 13 T4, anybody have a good setup for the 15 on high grip carpet yet?
Old 10-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Les
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Weight

Could someone please give me an idea between a standard and light weight body 190mm.

Cheers
Old 10-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Les
Could someone please give me an idea between a standard and light weight body 190mm.

Cheers
I think it's around 25g difference, if that's what you're asking?
Old 10-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I agree, last time i weighed (painted) bodies was 20g difference.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

So the '15 arrived yesterday, along with the other package of little things I'd ordered for it. Started the assembly last night, finished up today - typical Xray goodness. Mounted the electronics and the body from the '14 on it, and it's officially ready to roll... next spring, when onroad season starts back up again. I need to move somewhere warm.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pphaneuf

Did you flip the whole layshaft around or just the spur (on the layshaft)?

If not, there seems to be too much shoulder showing up in your picture. On my non offset pinion the spur mounting flange shows up a lot less shoulder proud of the spur than yours.

There may be a small manufacturing error there, perhaps it's worth checking the layshaft measurements. The two sides should not be equal (the side with the spur boss is longer between the boss face and the E-clip groove than the other one). The spur holder flange should be about 2mm thick. If these do not match to your layshaft, I think you might have grounds to give Xray a call.

Last edited by niznai; 10-19-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:10 PM
Les
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Bodies

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I think it's around 25g difference, if that's what you're asking?
Yep that was the question, thanks heaps for the replies, much appreciated.
Les
Old 10-19-2014, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
I need to move somewhere that runs indoor on-road carpet.
Fixed that for ya.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Fixed that for ya.
I hear Seattle has a nice onroad track.

Vancouver's is ok too.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by niznai
Did you flip the whole layshaft around or just the spur (on the layshaft)?

If not, there seems to be too much shoulder showing up in your picture. On my non offset pinion the spur mounting flange shows up a lot less shoulder proud of the spur than yours.

There may be a small manufacturing error there, perhaps it's worth checking the layshaft measurements. The two sides should not be equal (the side with the spur boss is longer between the boss face and the E-clip groove than the other one). The spur holder flange should be about 2mm thick. If these do not match to your layshaft, I think you might have grounds to give Xray a call.
While I had the thing disassembled, I tried all four combinations, to see what was the best fit. Flipping the layshaft (while leaving the spur gear as in the manual), it actually touched the belt (just, but it did). With both the spur gear and layshaft flipped, it didn't fit so well either (it looked very similar to how it was initially).

What worked best was flipping the spur gear when assembling the layshaft (deeper side of the spur where the top of the screws are), and putting in the layshaft as described in the manual (side with the top of the screws and the composite spacer toward the motor). This is what's in my latest picture, that you quoted.

I did send an email to Xray, and they suggested simply flipping the spur gear, which I thought was odd, with the manual insisting so much on the orientation...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.