wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:19 AM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silden View Post
Non of the top of the line kits come with all option parts.
BTW anyone ever checked how many people already running Xrays, I'm talking not about the mid west. I'm talking the whole world. Therefore I'm not seeing any full option or a R kit on the horizon.
I believe that we will see different bulk heads, plasic inserts with finer adjustment and updated upper and lower deck. We may even get the ars system in the box, which I believe is only good for pro racer. We avarerage racer will have a hard time to get any benefit out of it.
No lack of XRays being run and given their "premium brand" marketing I highly doubt we will see an R version anytime soon. Assuming they continued to use the same plastics and driveline and just went to a fiberglass upper and lower deck they would still end up much higher priced than the cheapo spec r, Sakura, and other budget oriented kits. I don't think it is going out on a limb to state Xray cares little about competing for the segment of drivers that want to do a TC program for under $300.
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

XRay has produced a "Sportsman" version of their cars before.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...baa87666c54165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
No lack of XRays being run and given their "premium brand" marketing I highly doubt we will see an R version anytime soon. Assuming they continued to use the same plastics and driveline and just went to a fiberglass upper and lower deck they would still end up much higher priced than the cheapo spec r, Sakura, and other budget oriented kits. I don't think it is going out on a limb to state Xray cares little about competing for the segment of drivers that want to do a TC program for under $300.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedgti View Post

Still available in some countries: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300103-AUTOM...item3a70e35fd8
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #35
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedgti View Post

I think he already knows that. However, T2R is ancient by today's standards.

Its probably difficult for X-ray to hit a low price point and remain profitable so they didn't bother with a T4R.

Yokomo has somehow able to do it but uses significantly more plastic with the BD7 ver. RS. The T2R was still very well equipped with aluminum bulkheads.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #36
Tech Apprentice

A non-orange T4 would be fantastic.
Pharane0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #37
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I think he already knows that. However, T2R is ancient by today's standards.

Its probably difficult for X-ray to hit a low price point and remain profitable so they didn't bother with a T4R.

Yokomo has somehow able to do it but uses significantly more plastic with the BD7 ver. RS. The T2R was still very well equipped with aluminum bulkheads.
Yep, the older R versions were neat cars but I was looking forward and just don't see it happening. Interesting you bring up the RS as I think that is a really interesting platform and was thinking of purchasing one just to see if there really was much of a performance gap between that and my T4. My guess is there probably isn't. Either way there are a lot of good options that hit most of the price points. I like Xray but I don't think it is a prerequisite to being competitive or having fun.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:22 PM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharane0 View Post
A non-orange T4 would be fantastic.
Yes, yes, and YES!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Xray has been around and knows where they belong in the market. The budget-tier stuff is vastly improved in the last2-3 years. And even if Xray sold a modern R version, and it was priced around $300, would it be popular? I mean, you can order a Sakura Ultimate that is basically a full-tilt car for that sort of money. Plus there are other options. Earlier in the on-road game Xray put out some budget cars as there was more room for them to do this and make some money, plus the need to build the name any way possible. Now they are in the premium market and there is no need for them to deviate from this.

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Yep, the older R versions were neat cars but I was looking forward and just don't see it happening. Interesting you bring up the RS as I think that is a really interesting platform and was thinking of purchasing one just to see if there really was much of a performance gap between that and my T4. My guess is there probably isn't. Either way there are a lot of good options that hit most of the price points. I like Xray but I don't think it is a prerequisite to being competitive or having fun.
That would be a fascinating comparison. I love to read that.

It does seem like high time that Xray release a new "R" car though:
T1R
T2R
T2R Pro
T3R
T4R??

Every other platform they've built they have released in "R" spec. That being said I do believe that those R cars of the past were not the best value and or they were released so late in the platform life that they didn't offer too many benefits. I am thinking about getting a new chassis though for next year and an R would do nicely as my T3'10 is getting a bit too sloppy now.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:48 PM   #41
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

When the T3R was released, it was $260. Maybe adjusted for inflation and since the US dollar is now weak against the euro, it may be close to $290-300 if a T4R was ever released at a similar price point.

But yeah, the competition is a lot tougher now that there are more asian manufacturers pumping out blinged out kits for less money. Their quality is starting to catch up too.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:12 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
When the T3R was released, it was $260. Maybe adjusted for inflation and since the US dollar is now weak against the euro, it may be close to $290-300 if a T4R was ever released at a similar price point.

But yeah, the competition is a lot tougher now that there are more asian manufacturers pumping out blinged out kits for less money. Their quality is starting to catch up too.
Agreed. Spec-r, 3 racing, ect... they fill a niche now. And if a company like one of the two mentioned tried to put out a $500 + dollar car I doubt anyone would buy it. Just like I don't think many would spend $300 on a budget Xray that doesn't have the bling and upgrades an asian kit would provide for the same money. And the quality is getting much better on these cheaper kits.