R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-30-2014, 05:50 PM   #376
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWill75 View Post
Is it safe to say the ARS is a good option for large asphalt tracks or is their some advantages to using it on tighter indoor carpet tracks?
Both, depending on if you set it up for toe out or in when the suspension compress.

RC FB Pages Subscribed:
facebook.com/EPBuggy
facebook.com/AllStarChampionship
cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:54 PM   #377
Tech Apprentice

In the Instruction Manual, to the left of page 21 for ARS, it says to the refer to the HUDY Setup Book for more information on Active Toe-in. Has anyone seen this book or know where to find it? Likewise, this pointer has been referenced in the manual for roll-center, and others, etc., for the T4'13, T4'14, and continued now in the T4'15 Instruction Manual but I have yet to find any Setup Book with the T4 reference design changes. I can only find the T3 Setup Book. Of course, it is easy for previous T3 historical owners to understand the changes but new comers will not understand some of the differences. In all, I suggest an updated T4 Setup Book be published for configuration understanding with the latest changes. Anyone out there petitioning with me???
Durango DEX410v4 /Tekin RSX/Tekin RL 6.5/Savox 1251MG /Sanwa M12:rx-471
rafyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:21 PM   #378
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Hopefully the are making a new/updating the previous setup book. The current one doesn't mention active toe, but does go over toe in general.

http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/products/p...61&kategoria=0
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:20 PM   #379
Tech Elite

Passive rear steering has been used a lot in real cars for a long time. You'll find a lot of stuff on the web, just don't try any american cars.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:43 AM   #380
Tech Adept

Beautiful! Seems some places make sure they've got enough

Thaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:16 AM   #381
Tech Addict

Interesting Yokomo and Tamiya didn't jump on the ''active-rear-suspension'' train!? Will be interesting to watch the World's and also see feedback of average club racers at our local track
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:58 AM   #382
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geberit View Post
Interesting Yokomo and Tamiya didn't jump on the ''active-rear-suspension'' train!? Will be interesting to watch the World's and also see feedback of average club racers at our local track
The prototype updated version of the Kyosho TF6 has one, but I'll admit they're not exactly big players around here...

I hope that some of those reporting on the Worlds next week will take a close look at the cars, I'd be curious to see if they'll be running the ARS or sticking to the standard (maybe some interview to explain their choice, too?).
pphaneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:26 AM   #383
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If the active rear tow is anything like on real cars, it will be unpredictable and overly hard to tune, I still say it will do the rounds and most will run without it in the end.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:32 AM   #384
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

+1. This car is awesome but than again most xray chassis are, however these cars can be just like new cell phones. Too many options and most will just use what they know.
Driving through hell and back! Phoenix Raceway, Afghanistan 10'-11'.
Loco4G63T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:13 AM   #385
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphaneuf View Post
More issues that I found with the instructions...

On page 29, both the exploded view and the diagram say to use a number of 3x10mm screws, but (as I recall) there wasn't any? There was exactly the right number of extra 3x8mm screws than was supposed to be (from the further steps), so I used those instead.

On page 32, assembling the servo mount, it would have been nice if the orientation of the bigger alu servo mount was specified, as there are threads in one of the side holes, but not the other... This seems to be for the optional lipo stand and shim kit, from what I can tell on page 34, and the threaded hole should go on top?

This diagram of the lipo stand and shim kit confused me a bit, because it didn't have the otherwise pervasive clear "optional" label (like those of the graphite + alu fully adjustable battery holder and the alu lipo battery backstops, in the same page and frame).

On page 32 and 33, to assemble and attach the servo mount assembly, the instructions call for 3x6mm screws, these seemed too long (and in insufficient numbers), but there were many "extra" 3x4mm screws that seemed to work fine. Similar problem with the antenna holder, which called for a 3x8mm screw, but while I had one (which I would eventually need to attach up the front bumper), it didn't even go the whole way (I used another "extra" 3x4mm screw instead).

More of this on page 34, for the lipo battery backstops, the instructions call for 3x6mm, which do not fit, I used more 3x4mm.

I hope none of this weakened my car? Especially the front bumper, in that case I could have seen 3x10mm screws fitting properly, and being a bit stronger?

I was also a bit worried when attaching the rear shocks to the shock tower, with the 3mm shim (as I'm building the standard suspension), the screw didn't seem to bit into a lot of thread in the shock ball end? That might be fine, just looked a bit flimsier than I would have liked (but then, my older cars were almost all off-road cars, so maybe I just worry too much!).
Please note that the lenght of the cup head screws is givenas a lenght of the thread whilst the leght of the countersunk screws is given as a lenght of the whole screw. This is standard. Moreover, next to each step in the instruction manual the screws are pictured in 1:1 scale so you do not have to measure them. Regarding the servo mount, we think that the instructions are clear enough.
XraySupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #386
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a decent maiden training with the T4'15.
The basic carpet setup is already good. Middle and out of the corner the car turns very good. Just the corner entry was not to my liking. I changed to the most outter camberlink hole in the front and reduced the Ackermann. This made front a little better.
Very positive to mention is that there is no chattering in front with the standard cardans

I drove a 7.5t motor on a small medium grip carpet track with VTEC CPX tires and without ARS .
Old 10-04-2014, 09:30 AM   #387
Tech Adept

Send a message via Skype™ to ZZracing

Stainless steel screws Set For Xray T4 2015:
http://www.rzhobby.com/stainless-ste...015-p-727.html
Stainless Steel Screw Lightweight Set For Xray T4 2015:
http://www.rzhobby.com/stainless-ste...015-p-728.html
Titanium Screw Lightweight Set For Xray T4 2015:
http://www.rzhobby.com/titanium-scre...015-p-726.html
Titanium Screw Set For Xray T4 2015
http://www.rzhobby.com/titanium-scre...015-p-725.html

Email:zzracing@126.com zzracing@foxmail.com
www.rzhobby.com www.zzracing.net
ZZracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:40 AM   #388
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XraySupport View Post
Please note that the lenght of the cup head screws is givenas a lenght of the thread whilst the leght of the countersunk screws is given as a lenght of the whole screw. This is standard. Moreover, next to each step in the instruction manual the screws are pictured in 1:1 scale so you do not have to measure them. Regarding the servo mount, we think that the instructions are clear enough.
I was indeed measuring the screws incorrectly, thanks for pointing that out! I double-checked my build, and all the screw lengths are correctly matching the updated manual.

There's a few things I think might have been clearer, but the only actual mistake I see left is the reversed diagram is the assembly of the steering blocks into the C-hubs for the ARS, but I don't think it would take anyone much time to figure it out and fix it.
pphaneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #389
Bar
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenuff View Post
hi guys, i seriously doubt there will be a t5 this year coming, T1 1999
T2 2005 T3 2009 T4 2013 T5 ? my guess 2017 or possibly 2016, what would be good to see ? why not include option parts from new ? ECS, low friction belts, alloy steering arms, front brace stiffener etc... i mean we pay top dollar for the best only it is not the best until it is optioned up?., I know i know i know Xray needs to make money to stay viable and i am not bagging them, in my opinion the quality is worth the extra price ,... but maybe something to make them a little more affordable, i know they used to do the t2r and t3r but most people just upgraded them anyway. so what would i like to see,? well minimal change so i'm not tempted by new kit , unless it is going to give a really big advantage it will take a bit to drag me away from my t4 13 cars and inventory, but what i would most like is a reduction in spare prices, say 20 to 25 % would be nice....
its o.k to dream isn't it?
cheers
oldenuff
Martin Hudy announced they won't be changing the name of the car anymore, just the year, I think yokomo may have decided the same thing as well, makes sense too me
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #390
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default STILL WAITING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaan View Post
Beautiful! Seems some places make sure they've got enough

Is there any word as to HOW SOON we will have the car in the US???? I have two on pre order and have buyers for my two T4 13s...
TWILL is offline   Reply With Quote