Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Xray t4'15

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 04:13 AM
Tech Addict

I went through it again, and there is one mention of applying thread lock after all, on a set-screw in the drive shafts, which does seem reasonable (would be submitted to a good deal of vibrations and mechanical strain).

I can see how while it might make sense to thread lock everything on a nitro car, I agree that for most of the chassis screws on an electric car, it's probably totally fine...

It just seemed weird that they would tell you that you'll need thread lock, but not use it anywhere! Mystery solved.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

I think I may have found a minor error in the instruction manual?

When I got to the front transmission (after doing the standard rear suspension), on page 22, I couldn't find the 10mm ball ends, but I had what appeared to be extraneous 8mm ball ends.

While double-checking things (I unpacked bag 8, for the active rear suspension, just in case), I noticed that on the exploded view on page 18, for what looks like the ball end on top of the rear upright, the part number for the ball end was 362651, which is for 8mm ball ends. But on page 21, that called for 10mm ball ends, which would be part number 362652.

I'm guessing the exploded view has the correct part number, but the diagram on page 21 has a mistake?
Old 09-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you look closely you will find a lot of small mistakes. I guess they just took "old" T4 manual pictures and/or made some late changes which came to late for the manual print.
Just use the 10mm ballstuds in front. The 8mm are too short and don't go deep enough into the steering hub.

I also had a 8mm ballstud without 2mm hex hole...but it was not needed Lucky...

I love the anti-roll-bar design!
Old 09-28-2014, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Today I saw an XRay in action and had two times back to see where is the front or back
This Car is an evolution and the Track times were very very well.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

How do you guys have them already?!
Old 09-28-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

They always hit EU sooner than the US.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

And probably Asia will be next, then the States.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

Main UK distributor took delivery on Friday
Old 09-29-2014, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Lookin' forward to getting mine...
Old 09-29-2014, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

We not so slow in South Africa either we got ours last week!! I have build and tested mine over the weekend and I am very impressed, was worried about taking a new chassis design to the worlds but can honestly say it is really really good out the box !!

Love the improvements that Martin has made to the roll bars & motor mount and the active rear suspension definitely feels like an improvement! now its just to find the setup sweet spot for my driving ....... in one week !!! sure Alex and the guys can throw a couple of setup tips, they always helpfull
Old 09-30-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

More issues that I found with the instructions...

On page 29, both the exploded view and the diagram say to use a number of 3x10mm screws, but (as I recall) there wasn't any? There was exactly the right number of extra 3x8mm screws than was supposed to be (from the further steps), so I used those instead.

On page 32, assembling the servo mount, it would have been nice if the orientation of the bigger alu servo mount was specified, as there are threads in one of the side holes, but not the other... This seems to be for the optional lipo stand and shim kit, from what I can tell on page 34, and the threaded hole should go on top?

This diagram of the lipo stand and shim kit confused me a bit, because it didn't have the otherwise pervasive clear "optional" label (like those of the graphite + alu fully adjustable battery holder and the alu lipo battery backstops, in the same page and frame).

On page 32 and 33, to assemble and attach the servo mount assembly, the instructions call for 3x6mm screws, these seemed too long (and in insufficient numbers), but there were many "extra" 3x4mm screws that seemed to work fine. Similar problem with the antenna holder, which called for a 3x8mm screw, but while I had one (which I would eventually need to attach up the front bumper), it didn't even go the whole way (I used another "extra" 3x4mm screw instead).

More of this on page 34, for the lipo battery backstops, the instructions call for 3x6mm, which do not fit, I used more 3x4mm.

I hope none of this weakened my car? Especially the front bumper, in that case I could have seen 3x10mm screws fitting properly, and being a bit stronger?

I was also a bit worried when attaching the rear shocks to the shock tower, with the 3mm shim (as I'm building the standard suspension), the screw didn't seem to bit into a lot of thread in the shock ball end? That might be fine, just looked a bit flimsier than I would have liked (but then, my older cars were almost all off-road cars, so maybe I just worry too much!).
Old 09-30-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Manual update: http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...4ae959e18c50a9
Old 09-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Great to see that they're fixing the issues found, and pretty quickly, too!

Looks all clear (except for a very minor mirror image for the steering blocks in the active rear suspension), until you get to part 7 ("Front & Rear Assembly"). Hopefully, there'll be another update soon...
Old 09-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Got my Hiro Seiko T4'15 screw set already. Just waiting for the car to arrive...
Old 09-30-2014, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Is it safe to say the ARS is a good option for large asphalt tracks or is their some advantages to using it on tighter indoor carpet tracks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.