R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #241
Bar
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcc View Post
You guys can calm down now. I don't know why you are bashing AE TCs so much. Since the TC6 there is no problem with the car. Only upgrades needed are bladders and springs. I am the only AE guy in a club of Xray drivers and the T4 is not faster than a TC6 chassis. Parts also just break if you hammer the car into the wall and in that case I can live with it.

I am not saying that the T4 isn't high end quality, but AE isn't sh*t at all!
I said nothing about performance, my biggest issue is with their plastics
Old 09-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #242
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are we there yet....

I need a '15 fix soon!
Chrissy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #243
Tech Fanatic

It's here!

http://www.teamxray.com/t4/
daleburr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #244
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

NO ECS drive shafts
dawgmeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #245
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
I have problems opening the page!?
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #246
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geberit View Post
I have problems opening the page!?
Yea, the site is a little slow right now. It'll get better through the day I'm sure, you can see the high level details in this redrc post.

http://www.redrc.net/2014/09/xray-t4...uring-car-kit/
Old 09-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #247
Tech Master

i like the corally sway bars
Old 09-19-2014, 10:07 AM   #248
Tech Rookie

excitement overload!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #249
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Well I'm impressed. The '14 is easily the best car I've ever owned so I was a little worried the new car might be more of a high-grip ETS type car like the latest Yoke and Tamiya.

But they've kept all the important stuff the same and still improved lots of areas. Loads more adjustment options with the new upper link mounts and ARS. ARS is probably not something I'd have purchased separately, but will definitely try it now.

And it looks like a '14 setup can be used on the new car, which will save a lot of time finding a good baseline and just allow the new stuff to be tested.
daleburr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #250
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
Well I'm impressed. The '14 is easily the best car I've ever owned so I was a little worried the new car might be more of a high-grip ETS type car like the latest Yoke and Tamiya.

But they've kept all the important stuff the same and still improved lots of areas. Loads more adjustment options with the new upper link mounts and ARS. ARS is probably not something I'd have purchased separately, but will definitely try it now.

And it looks like a '14 setup can be used on the new car, which will save a lot of time finding a good baseline and just allow the new stuff to be tested.
But to fit ARS on the '14 car you need the '15 chassis with additional holes. Or you make them yourself on current car.
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:44 AM   #251
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm slightly underwhelmed by the 2015, the links for it just came up on facebook...

Bearing mounted sway bars to me seem overkill on an electric tourer, the active rear toe I think will be a fad (one people will struggle with in tuning), the rest is fine tweaks that may or may not improve anything depending on track conditions and/or how often you hit stuff (note: people who hit stuff I suspect are going to hate the active toe by the looks of it).

Saying that, nice little bits that will drop onto my 2014, I'll be ordering the new sway link ends, I wanted to see that on the 2014, and the new ball ends for the top links.

Not hating, just not seeing a reason to drop that much money into such minor changes, even if they have done a fair few little ones, a lot of stuff I had on my wish list got overlooked.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:55 AM   #252
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
I'm slightly underwhelmed by the 2015, the links for it just came up on facebook...

Bearing mounted sway bars to me seem overkill on an electric tourer, the active rear toe I think will be a fad (one people will struggle with in tuning), the rest is fine tweaks that may or may not improve anything depending on track conditions and/or how often you hit stuff (note: people who hit stuff I suspect are going to hate the active toe by the looks of it).

Saying that, nice little bits that will drop onto my 2014, I'll be ordering the new sway link ends, I wanted to see that on the 2014, and the new ball ends for the top links.

Not hating, just not seeing a reason to drop that much money into such minor changes, even if they have done a fair few little ones, a lot of stuff I had on my wish list got overlooked.
Quite a bit of it is little tweaks, but at least two of the changes will introduce more consistency to the car (motor mount, servo mount), regardless of how little some of the "hits" are. Given that you can remove ARS, that should make the car strictly more consistent.

Funny enough, this thread was started a few months ago asking people to chime in on what they wanted to see in the '15, so what was missing from this kit that you had on your wish list? I assume ECS's, but what else?
Old 09-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #253
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I'd love to see more sway bars and more springs come standard with the kit, but that goes for most kits really.

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:09 PM   #254
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok it's out.....great job everyone ( even the haters lol ) there was a lot of off topic convo but that's all good......everyone kept it clean. Now....to the task at hand.....I am a little bit torn about some of the changes only because I didn't feel that they needed to be done. probably all the changes are for the better....I truly believe that this is the car that the team drives so if they make it work than we should be able to as well. Only raced an xray t414 so I don't really have anything I can compare it too or complain about. I had my t415 preordered a long time ago regardless of the changes. Now the wait begins........oh and just my 2 cents about the xray kit cost and parts cost......my t414 is box stock other than weights and belts......the car is a 3rd place car in PRCC club racing and was driven in wcics by Colin Roussel helping him win the wcics VTA 2013/2014 Championship......the only part that was ever replaced was 1....just 1 spur gear......trust me Colin can drive so he would be the proof that the car is fast......and I can not drive so I am the proof that the car is frickin tough........could xray make a cheaper price point car who knows.....I don't really care if they do.....there is a $30 difference between some lipos and a $100 dollar difference between the AE 2wd buggy and the Losi......I think the only ppl complaining about the (in most cases a $50 dollar ) difference in price of xray and the other brands are the same ppl that will not buy an xray anyway ( just my feelings on the matter ) and just to be completely clear.....I am in NO way saying that any car on the market is not a good car.......I am saying that xray is not bad because of its cost....it is worth the extra i pay.......having said that if any company wants me to crash the crap out of there cars to see if they are just as strong as an xray we'll send them on over.....hell I'll test drive the $hi+ out of them. But I am investing my coin in Xray and Mr. Hudy for now! Thank you everyone for particapating in this discussion an keep it going.......good racing everyone from me and all the rest of us at Rug Junkie Racing
Old 09-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #255
Tech Master

Looks like typical xray to me..changes for changes sake and I cant understand why they dont just release a car every 2x years and then there maybe some decent changes to make.

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote