Search
Like Tree4Likes

Xray t4'15

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 08:36 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
This is the most PR and hype I've seen around a new motor and servo mount for an existing car, ever.

New for 2015 from XRAY the Hype-Oriented Product Promotion System (HOPP)!

Edit: but it so works. I still <3 the company.
It must work well. This is the most active thread on here today! LOL

EA
Old 09-17-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We now have the pre-orders up on our site. According to RC America, the Price Point will go up a bit on this model. This is proably due to the ARS being included?

Anyways, here is a link. The cars should be ready in a couple of weeks.
T4 2015
Old 09-17-2014, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Is that Andrew Hardman in the pic .. He's back with Xray?
That picture was probably taken last year when he was at the ETS race (and with Xray) at Hudy Arena. He is still with Yokomo.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
We now have the pre-orders up on our site. According to RC America, the Price Point will go up a bit on this model. This is proably due to the ARS being included?

Anyways, here is a link. The cars should be ready in a couple of weeks.
T4 2015
They'd originally said the ARS was going to be an option part (with the '15 kit having the necessary chassis holes to mount it). Be interesting if they've made it standard, I can see club guys with -6deg toe on one wheel and +4 on the other like in the days of the Schumacher SST . It will make a setup station compulsory.

Or maybe the increased price is due to the number of tyres being used at the worlds this year, they've gotta recoup their expenses somewhere!
Old 09-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

The higher price point is simply because its X-ray. And they know their fan boys will pay any price for the latest and greatest. X-ray is the Apple of the RC world. They make good stuff but they make even better PR campaigns.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by daleburr
They'd originally said the ARS was going to be an option part (with the '15 kit having the necessary chassis holes to mount it). Be interesting if they've made it standard, I can see club guys with -6deg toe on one wheel and +4 on the other like in the days of the Schumacher SST . It will make a setup station compulsory.

Or maybe the increased price is due to the number of tyres being used at the worlds this year, they've gotta recoup their expenses somewhere!
Maybe (Hopefully) their ARS will be a bit more solid? Needless to say though when hitting a board you are going to just assume the car will be wonky as you drive away.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
The higher price point is simply because its X-ray. And they know their fan boys will pay any price for the latest and greatest. X-ray is the Apple of the RC world. They make good stuff but they make even better PR campaigns.
I think there is definitely something to this. The new XB8E is $50 more expensive than the competition, and now we're seeing a $50 bump for the T4. I want to say that the price of R&D and engineering warrants this price bump, but until we see the final kit, it does seem like an existing platform with some new shiny bits. Still, one can't argue with Xray quality, strength, fit and finish. Precision speed tanks
Old 09-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

I think there is definitely something to this. The new XB8E is $50 more expensive than the competition, and now we're seeing a $50 bump for the T4. I want to say that the price of R&D and engineering warrants this price bump, but until we see the final kit, it does seem like an existing platform with some new shiny bits. Still, one can't argue with Xray quality, strength, fit and finish. Precision speed tanks
You need to go to the ETS round at the Hudy Arena in Slovakia. You'll never question their prices or where the money goes ever again
Old 09-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

T4'15 News :
New bulkhead & Upper Clamp w/5 adj. roll centers
New Bumper Upper Holder Brace
New Anti-Roll Bar for Ball Bearing F1.4mm R 1.3mm
New Motor Mount
New Alu Servo Mount
Had STD Rear Susp. & With ARS Active Rear Susp. set .
Old 09-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
T4'15 News :
New bulkhead & Upper Clamp w/5 adj. roll centers
New Bumper Upper Holder Brace
New Anti-Roll Bar for Ball Bearing F1.4mm R 1.3mm
New Motor Mount
New Alu Servo Mount
Had STD Rear Susp. & With ARS Active Rear Susp. set .
Don't ruin the surprise
Old 09-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Already ordered. It's always comical to see the comments about Xray pricing. I always end up with right about the same amount of money into my cars. Whether they were AE and the supply of plastics I needed because of how quickly things wore out, or when I had my VBC and I needed parts because it broke when you looked at it wrong. Now I carry very few spares, things barely wear out, and the car goes together with very little fuss at all. I'll pay the little extra up front.

I would love to some day go race at Hudy Arena and tour their shop!
Old 09-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Odin, where did you pre-order from and when is it expected to be available?
Old 09-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Not sure if it's helpful outside the UK, but MB Models (rccarshop.co.uk) has pre-orders. Mine's already in.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pphaneuf
Not sure if it's helpful outside the UK, but MB Models (rccarshop.co.uk) has pre-orders. Mine's already in.
The-Border also takes preorders and preorders are guaranteed.
They also throw in a free LiPo bag with pre-orders.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Extra $50 for not much is what it appears to be.

As good as the car is a lot of club racers who previously were running xray have been buying other brands locally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.