R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 10-18-2015, 06:18 PM   #1696
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Seth View Post
Have a '16 on the way, but figured my question was the same for both cars, and since this thread has a little more traffic, figured I would ask here.

I'll be running an Orion speedo on my T4, so will have two sensor wire mounting locations, but what length sensor wire are most people using in this car? Need to order a few last items and figured I'd throw a sensor wire on that order.

Thanks!
Seth
i always get the shortest sensor wire available.
alecladanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:19 PM   #1697
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusEngdahl View Post
Which DCJ`s is recommended? Cant find Xrays 52mm in stock...
Quote:
This is the correct model, he has (4) in stock: http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=9801
Old 10-18-2015, 06:55 PM   #1698
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
This is the correct model, he has (4) in stock: http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=9801
Woops, corrected my post. I just pulled the first part number I saw in the manual.

Seth
3D-Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #1699
Tech Regular

Quote:
Have a '16 on the way, but figured my question was the same for both cars, and since this thread has a little more traffic, figured I would ask here.

I'll be running an Orion speedo on my T4, so will have two sensor wire mounting locations, but what length sensor wire are most people using in this car? Need to order a few last items and figured I'd throw a sensor wire on that order.

Thanks!
Seth
10mm

www.machheemstede.nl
..................................Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Gkh2xZcQU
Modified 4 life
Govert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:23 PM   #1700
Tech Fanatic

10mm is too short, I think mine is 80mm, end to end including the plugs.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:47 AM   #1701
Tech Regular

My mistake. Typo.

100mm I mean.

www.machheemstede.nl
..................................Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Gkh2xZcQU
Modified 4 life
Govert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:28 AM   #1702
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Floating Steering for T4'15 from Radtec now available
http://shop.rochercusa.com/index.php...product_id=171
xray floating servo..

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...%20Alu%20Posts
Proline Racing / RC America / Xray
dgrobe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:25 AM   #1703
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have a dumb question about my body/spoiler. I am running a protoform Mazda speed 6. On the wing there are oval shaped sections in between where the wing mounts to the car. 2 of the small ones say "out" and the other 2 say something else (can't remember right now and I'm at work so can't look). Anyone know what I do with those? Do I cut them out or what? Sorry for the noob questions this is my first touring body.
I'm also having a little trouble figuring out how to line it up. I marked the locations for the posts trying to center the front wheel wells over the tires but the rear looks like it won't be perfectly centered. Seems like the car needs to be a couple mm longer for both wells to line up perfect. Should I cut the wells right on the line supplied or should I cut them so they line up with the wheels and not pay attn to the marked lines on the body?

Last edited by Slapjack; 10-20-2015 at 07:48 AM.
Slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:50 AM   #1704
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
I have a dumb question about my body/spoiler. I am running a protoform Mazda speed 6. On the wing there are oval shaped sections in between where the wing mounts to the car. 2 of the small ones say "out" and the other 2 say something else (can't remember right now and I'm at work so can't look). Anyone know what I do with those? Do I cut them out or what? Sorry for the noob questions this is my first touring body.
I'm also having a little trouble figuring out how to line it up. I marked the locations for the posts trying to center the front wheel wells over the tires but the rear looks like it won't be perfectly centered. Seems like the car needs to be a couple mm longer for both wells to line up perfect. Should I cut the wells right on the line supplied or should I cut them so they line up with the wheels and not pay attn to the marked lines on the body?
Art schrimo made a good video on mounted tc bodies on YouTube. The oval sections are to have less down force if you cut them out.
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:33 PM   #1705
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
Less Downforce on the rear wing. I mount the body and cut the wheel openings to the car's setup, not what is marked on the body. All depends on track conditions. Sometimes on outdoor tracks the body will be as much as 6mm forward of the body marks for wheel openings.
Kyosho RB6, MP9e TKi
Mechintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:22 PM   #1706
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechintosh View Post
Less Downforce on the rear wing. I mount the body and cut the wheel openings to the car's setup, not what is marked on the body. All depends on track conditions. Sometimes on outdoor tracks the body will be as much as 6mm forward of the body marks for wheel openings.
Thank you... I got the body mounted decent and now I'm gna cut out the wells to where the tires are. It ended up being direct on the rear wheels and front is shifted fwd just a few mm. About how high off te ground should the body be? Is that sharpie marker trick a good way to set that? Set it flat and run it around te body ad cut anywhere it hits?
I also need to know what a decent start point would be for the chasis ride height. 5mm maybe?
Slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:40 PM   #1707
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yep, 5mm, set that first then use the Sharpie method. If concerned be conservative, it's always easy to cut more.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:10 PM   #1708
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

5mm is definitely a good start. Typically you will want to run a little rake - say 0,2mm front to back (ie: 5,0 front 5,2mm rear)

How far forward or back you mount the body can affect handling also. Typical is 5mm off the bumper foam.
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:14 PM   #1709
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Questions?? T4 16 top deck

Will the new top deck fit the T4-15???
Johnn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:15 PM   #1710
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnn27 View Post