R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2015, 12:29 PM   #1591
Tech Adept
 
carrotcake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 112
Default

just bought a 2015 on sale...wt......I'm closing my eyes on the 2016
carrotcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:54 PM   #1592
Tech Master
 
Slapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,050
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

What are ppl running for motors in the t4? Would reds racing be a good choice to go with an orca esc? It would be a 17.5 or stock class.
__________________
Tekno Eb48.3, EB48.2, Tekno ET48, X-Ray XB4'14, '15 & '16, X-Ray XB2 CE, X-Ray T4'15, Hot Bodies D413, Serpent SRX-2, Axial Wraith (full custom Mattzilla Build), Blade 180QXHD
Slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:44 AM   #1593
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 59
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Currently running a Hobbywing V10 motor and have been very happy. I have also used a Team Powers Actinium and it ran great. No experience with Reds motors, but I have heard good things from people who have. Good luck.
CapOne818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:16 PM   #1594
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 325
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Could someone help with a tekin rsx esc settings for a fantom 6.5t pro mod. Not sure what boost and timing i should be running.
__________________
Thanks to my sponsors
Proline racing Sidewinder Fuel 4C Hobby Supply Upgrade-Rc Psm-Rc Rcdepot.ca RcAmerica Hudy Xray
kyok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:03 PM   #1595
Tech Master
 
Slapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,050
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Man, this forum doesn't get too much traffic looks like. I decided to go with a Orca VX3 esc and it is on the way to me. So I am trying to decide on which motor to run now... I am wanting to go with a Trinity D4 17.5 for the stock class I will be running in. I am just a little unsure about the Short stack motor version (17.5 1S). Can someone explain to me a little more what I would need to do when running this motor.
1. Can I run 2S lipo? or will 1S be just as fast as 2S with the ss motor?
2. what gearing (pinion) should I start with with the t4 spur
3. Is there anything that I need to be nervous about when running this motor? I want something that is dependable and I don't want to be worrying a lot about it. I was about to buy it and someone said if I am not real familiar with the short stack motor that I probably shouldn't get it. And that is just making me wondering if I should just go with the regular D4 17.5. Any advise is appreciated.
__________________
Tekno Eb48.3, EB48.2, Tekno ET48, X-Ray XB4'14, '15 & '16, X-Ray XB2 CE, X-Ray T4'15, Hot Bodies D413, Serpent SRX-2, Axial Wraith (full custom Mattzilla Build), Blade 180QXHD
Slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:20 PM   #1596
Tech Addict
 
KE4PJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Columbia,Tn.
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
Man, this forum doesn't get too much traffic looks like. I decided to go with a Orca VX3 esc and it is on the way to me. So I am trying to decide on which motor to run now... I am wanting to go with a Trinity D4 17.5 for the stock class I will be running in. I am just a little unsure about the Short stack motor version (17.5 1S). Can someone explain to me a little more what I would need to do when running this motor.
1. Can I run 2S lipo? or will 1S be just as fast as 2S with the ss motor?
2. what gearing (pinion) should I start with with the t4 spur
3. Is there anything that I need to be nervous about when running this motor? I want something that is dependable and I don't want to be worrying a lot about it. I was about to buy it and someone said if I am not real familiar with the short stack motor that I probably shouldn't get it. And that is just making me wondering if I should just go with the regular D4 17.5. Any advise is appreciated.

#1. Yes to 2s
#2. Depends on your track size and such, I start around 3.80-3.90 FDR
#3. Hold on to your hat, they have lots of torque.
__________________
"If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you" Unknown
"A bad day racing is still better than a good day at work" Me
KE4PJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:35 PM   #1597
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,224
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Rule of thumb with the D4/D41S

Technical Tight and Twisty Track - go short stack.

Large Flowing and open layout - normal.

Always get the turquoise high torque rotors for TC use.

Well, that's my understanding anyway (and also how Fantom used to recommend the IonV5 equivalents be used)
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:36 PM   #1598
Tech Fanatic
 
tbrymer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 887
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Just buy the 1s and gear properly for your track.
__________________
CRC - C&C Motorsports - SpeedZone
tbrymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:13 PM   #1599
Tech Regular
 
OttoKrosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mesa, AZ, USA
Posts: 376
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Looking for a new way to hold the battery in place, currently using tape but want to explore my options. Considering using the Velcro straps but not sure what length I need also willing to consider other ways to mount them. Anyone have pics they are willing to post?

Thank you in advance.
__________________
This space for rent.

Oo=00=oO
OttoKrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:11 PM   #1600
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,212
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoKrosse View Post
Looking for a new way to hold the battery in place, currently using tape but want to explore my options. Considering using the Velcro straps but not sure what length I need also willing to consider other ways to mount them. Anyone have pics they are willing to post?

Thank you in advance.
I'm using a mount made by A-Plus I think, it' very good, I hate tape myself, either way there is 3-4 options around for the strap mounts from brands, and I thought Xray even does a no tape mount now.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:12 AM   #1601
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 156
Default

Hello,
I'm happily running offroad outdoor with my Xb8e. Now that the season is about to end, i would like to keep driving indoor. The only nearby indoor club available runs 1:10 touring e-cars.
I'm highly satisfied with my buggy hence I would stick to xray.
After some investigation, looks like that the T4 is a most valid platform. But, compared to offroad, I had the impression of extreme complication, especially in terms of choice of electronics, rules, range of performance and tires...
My question is, would be the T4 suitable for casual driving? I mean, I would like to keep the wrenching time down to minimum and avoid to look all over for a bunch of hop ups part needed to drive straight...
You can see the track at www.arcb.ch
RioImmagina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:28 AM   #1602
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoKrosse View Post
Looking for a new way to hold the battery in place, currently using tape but want to explore my options. Considering using the Velcro straps but not sure what length I need also willing to consider other ways to mount them. Anyone have pics they are willing to post?

Thank you in advance.
I use tape, but not the usual way.

I have two aluminium round posts bolted through the chassis at either end of the battery bay (I used the holes almost any chassis would have there) and one strip of tape going around the battery on the outside, and one over the top. Both strips are tape doubled back on itself so it's very strong and very light.

The strip going over the top has two pieces of very thin PCB trapped in the fold over at both ends with a hole through big enough so it fits over the posts.

The strip going around the battery is wrapped around two pieces of very thin wall aluminium tube at either end and is doubled back on itself.

These tubes slide over the posts and the top strip is placed with the PCB tabs in the posts above the tubes and held in place with two body pins above the tabs.

The result is a very strong, very light battery holder that moves with no opposition to the chassis flex and allows the battery to "float" freely inside. I replace the tape perhaps once a year.
__________________
Team Greasy Weasel

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:59 AM   #1603
pbr
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SW FL
Posts: 207
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

The reason why people use tape is so the chassis will flex properly. If you are just starting out in touring car you may not notice it. But as you get better and chasing tenths it does make a difference.
pbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:59 AM   #1604
Tech Elite
 
R Dodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioImmagina View Post
Hello,
I'm happily running offroad outdoor with my Xb8e. Now that the season is about to end, i would like to keep driving indoor. The only nearby indoor club available runs 1:10 touring e-cars.
I'm highly satisfied with my buggy hence I would stick to xray.
After some investigation, looks like that the T4 is a most valid platform. But, compared to offroad, I had the impression of extreme complication, especially in terms of choice of electronics, rules, range of performance and tires...
My question is, would be the T4 suitable for casual driving? I mean, I would like to keep the wrenching time down to minimum and avoid to look all over for a bunch of hop ups part needed to drive straight...
You can see the track at www.arcb.ch
Xray is one of the easiest cars to own, if not the easiest TC to own. You might want to wait though, or place a pre-order for the 2016 model which is on it's way to distributors very soon. Several online shops are taking pre-orders already. Your LHS may also be doing the same, I'd suggest checking there first.
__________________
★RCAmerica •Xray •Hudy •Motiv •PROTOform •Gravity •Avid •TQ Wire •Sanwa •BSR •ProLevelRC •2mmDesigns •Timmy •5Nines★
R Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:48 AM   #1605
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Dodge View Post
Xray is one of the easiest cars to own, if not the easiest TC to own. You might want to wait though, or place a pre-order for the 2016 model which is on it's way to distributors very soon. Several online shops are taking pre-orders already. Your LHS may also be doing the same, I'd suggest checking there first.
Well, i thougth that, with the 2016 model incoming, I could buy the 2015 for a good price 😌
For the time being, I don't intend to compete, just to have fun!
RioImmagina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:48 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net