Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 09-21-2015, 02:02 PM   #1576
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrymer View Post
Does anyone use shims on the front arm pivot pins? The pin that holds the chubs on. I have a little more play than I like and was wondering where to get some shims.
TQRC carries a lot of shims, I think I have the 3Racing ones, just find the correct diameter and they come in .05mm increments. Example: http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=7468

But unless you have a lot of play, even the 0.1mm may be too thick.

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:29 PM   #1577
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
TQRC carries a lot of shims, I think I have the 3Racing ones, just find the correct diameter and they come in .05mm increments. Example: http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=7468

But unless you have a lot of play, even the 0.1mm may be too thick.
Thanks, but the diameter of the outer pins are smaller than 3mm, probably closer to 2. I actually have the shim set that you pointed out and the inner diameter of those are definitely bigger than the pin I'm looking to put shims on.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:28 PM   #1578
Tech Fanatic

If you know that the pins are 2mm then these should do:

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=5932
Old 09-22-2015, 12:45 AM   #1579
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrymer View Post
Thanks, but the diameter of the outer pins are smaller than 3mm, probably closer to 2. I actually have the shim set that you pointed out and the inner diameter of those are definitely bigger than the pin I'm looking to put shims on.
You sure it's an Xray?

Xray pins are all 3mm, and there's just the right amount of play on the outer pin with no shims.
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:52 AM   #1580
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
You sure it's an Xray?

Xray pins are all 3mm, and there's just the right amount of play on the outer pin with no shims.
HaHa, you are correct. I just took it out and measured it and it's slightly under 3mm. Thanks for all your input!
Old 09-24-2015, 05:22 AM   #1581
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi everyone... I am new to this forum and just bought a T4'15. I am trying to decide what esc and motor combo to use and I was wondering if you can list a few of the top used motors and esc's. I have been mainly running 8th scale offroad and Tekin is the main used electronics but it seems that on road, tekin isn't so much used. Orca seems to be the top choice? So if you could give me a couple brands and models (orca vx3 for example) and motor brands that are a good choice. Motor choice is the other thing... The one track around me has to be 17.5T motor (everything must be ROAR approved by OCt.1 2015). But I also want to run in the street so Id also like a mod motor like 5.5 or 6.5T maybe. . But I also need some help with pinion size. Not sure how to gear without damaging. I know the mod motors are less tolerant to gearing mistakes I have no idea what to run for pinions for the 17.5T either. Thank you for the responses in advance. I am very excited for the car to show up this week.
I have a tekin redline G2 8.5T and LRP 6.5T I bought for my xray xb4 and I currently have the 6.5t in it. Maybe I should just stick the 8.5 in the xb4 and use the 6.5T in the T4 for street use? Then just buy a new 17.5T for racing the T4?
Old 09-24-2015, 05:40 AM   #1582
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

i currently run Tekin RSX, and Trinity D4 17.5 short stack. i am just like you.. running 1/8 ebuggy mostly.. Tekin are about to release the Gen3 motors.. heard good things about them. Gen2 motors will work in the car.. gen1 wont.

with the Trinity motor. i am running 96 spur, and 45 pinion. endbell timing at 50 in blinky mode on the ESC.

i think you will be happy with the RSX. but i havent run any other brands.
Proline Racing / RC America / Xray
dgrobe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:28 AM   #1583
Tech Master

Rule says have to run 0 timing in blinky mode... Do all roar approved esc's have blinky mode? What is that exactly? That is what I was thinking for motor was trinity 17.5T though.
Also where is a good place to buy touring bodies? It seems like the places I have looked at either don't carry anything good or they are sold out. And what constitutes a touring body? I only have a mazdaspeed 6 shell on order right now. Would that be considered a touring body?
Old 09-24-2015, 06:51 AM   #1584
Tech Elite

yes.. mazdaspeed6 is a touring body. protoform has a few, with the dodge dart, Mazda GX, and the LTCR, the LTCR is my favorite, but the dodge dart is a very close second.

17.5 require blinky mode in the ESC, but you can change the timing on the motor. heck, the motor comes stock with timing set at 30.

as far as i know, all roar approved have a blinky mode.

you can get bodies online pretty much anywhere. i know there is a guy on ebay, who paints and sells his bodies for a descent price. franksbodies is his screen name.

A touring car body is a 4dr car. also called sedan. there are CTA, and USGT cars, that are more similar to road going cars, like Porsche, or corvette, or Cadillac. but your touring car bodies will look more sleek, and flattened.

for electric.. you want to run 190mm bodies.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:03 AM   #1585
Tech Adept

The T4 2016 Specs will be available next week! Very excited to see what XRAY will have improved on it.
499 for Europeans/412 for non-Europeans (no VAT) & it will ship to customers next week and @ The-Border it will include some extra tools for free.

No pictures have been announced though: those will come very soon, they're still working on those.
Thaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:22 AM   #1586
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
yes.. mazdaspeed6 is a touring body. protoform has a few, with the dodge dart, Mazda GX, and the LTCR, the LTCR is my favorite, but the dodge dart is a very close second.

17.5 require blinky mode in the ESC, but you can change the timing on the motor. heck, the motor comes stock with timing set at 30.

as far as i know, all roar approved have a blinky mode.

you can get bodies online pretty much anywhere. i know there is a guy on ebay, who paints and sells his bodies for a descent price. franksbodies is his screen name.

A touring car body is a 4dr car. also called sedan. there are CTA, and USGT cars, that are more similar to road going cars, like Porsche, or corvette, or Cadillac. but your touring car bodies will look more sleek, and flattened.

for electric.. you want to run 190mm bodies.
Thanks. Like I said before I am new to RC in general, hence this really stupid question.... What does the motor timing actually do?
So a BMW M3 wouldn't be considered a touring body? That would be for USGT or another class other than touring? Or the Lexus IS... that is a 4dr (but 200mm). I like those style cars a little more but don't want to get to the track and not be able to run because I have the wrong body.

Last edited by Slapjack; 09-24-2015 at 07:34 AM.
Slapjack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:25 AM   #1587
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
Thanks. Like I said I am new to RC in general, hence this really stupid question.... What does the motor timing actually do?
timing the motor.. give more speed. turning the endbell to the left, will advance timing, and make it faster.. but also make it run hotter.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:12 AM   #1588
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaan View Post
The T4 2016 Specs will be available next week! Very excited to see what XRAY will have improved on it.
499 for Europeans/412 for non-Europeans (no VAT) & it will ship to customers next week and @ The-Border it will include some extra tools for free.

No pictures have been announced though: those will come very soon, they're still working on those.
For real? Already? Damn, time flies. I'm all ears about the changes. Not that I need another Xray... but then again maybe I do

- Ricky Bobby
Old 09-24-2015, 11:38 AM   #1589
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
For real? Already? Damn, time flies. I'm all ears about the changes. Not that I need another Xray... but then again maybe I do
need some info first, maybe no pictures but no info at all and a week away

I want to see what is there first
Barry_Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:14 PM   #1590
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes View Post
need some info first, maybe no pictures but no info at all and a week away

I want to see what is there first
New for 2016, Xray ASS, the Active Steering Suspension...

But seriously, I probably want one and don't even know it yet.

- Ricky Bobby