Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Super Stock motors

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Tamiya Super Stock motors

Found out that the handout stock motor at the Tamiya Nats next week is a Tamiya Super Stock Type S. Has anyone ever used this motor and do you have any tuning tips? Thanks for any info.
Old 09-23-2002, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

correct mi if i'm wrong...
the type S is a 23t motor which is not rebuildable,so there isn't much tuning tat u can do,...
depending on the track,i think a gd gear ratio is 120spur/45pinion...
if u have time,then take care of the break-in process,...get 4 rechargable AA batts(4.8V) n connect them up in series n then 2 the motor 2 create a break-in volt for the motor...
get the necessary oil for the com n brushings...
Old 09-23-2002, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks. I was told that it is rebuildable. Do you use Tamiya brushes and springs on it?
Old 09-23-2002, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is info on the SuperStock TypeS. I did some very limited testing with it a while ago.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&threadid=7570
Old 09-23-2002, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

i dun use the type S which is actually released recently,...i normally use the type T and it has worked well for mi.yap,i use the original brushes n spring,no problem with them...
Old 09-23-2002, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

In case of a stock motor, I guess this is what you should do. There are a couple of things that you can do to it though ( as in break in process ) If it is rebuildable then I guess you should cut the com before you run in the motor. And then run in the bushings and try to slot those Tamiya brush so that they can break in faster. After doing all those, try and clean the com with mr brasso or any other cleaning agent that makes metal shiny. Cos 100% full contact of current and voltage is important in stock motor and so everything has to be clean.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

Type S is rebuildable and it is also limited in supply too. The motor falls between Type R and Type T of Tamiya. Tamiya is also releasing their new stock Type RR (limited edition) and it is also rebuildable.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks to all who replied.
rtypec: Thanks for sending me to your post on the other thread. I had missed it somewhere along the way. I figured a high silver Trinity would be the ticket; now I have to go out and find some before leaving town for the race!
Old 09-23-2002, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

If you wanna go faster, put a silver brush on the +ve side of the motor and normal brush on the -ve side. More RPM. trust me .... has tried it on Tamiya type T. That is provided if you can use other company brushes
Old 09-24-2002, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

retro how about harder springs on the +ve side??
i think thet helps too rite ??
or make a 2mm hole in the middle of the +ve side brush for more rpm ...
i tried it .... feels faster but not sure as i do not have any proof on dyno or anything else ........

the down side is that it scratches the comm ... and makes lines on comm if u do make a hole on it ...

not sure ... do shead some light ......
Old 09-24-2002, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

i used trinity silver brushes and stiff springs (black springs from a tamiya dynarun stock motor). i dont have a dyno but it seemed faster than when it was box stock. downside is you have to cut the comm more often because of the harder brush and stiffer spring.