R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-16-2015, 04:11 PM   #226
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
Now that F1's are included in the National Points Championship, I need to get signed up.

Can somebody please give me a quick "how to" in getting signed up?
Pay your $15 and you're in. Then your tracks just need to send in the final results in pdf format to USVTApoints@gmail.com each week.

https://sites.google.com/site/nationalusvtapoints/home

Done.

Championship season starts Aug. 1st, if I recall correctly!

Mark
Mark C. USVTA #115 TC4 & Xray T4 '13, USGT #115 Xray T4 '13
USVTA-F1 #115 F103/4 & F1R3 & WTF1 FC-16. Tamiya M05 M06
Bush River RC, The RUG at King, Ho B Max Raceway, Easley RC
scirocco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:31 PM   #227
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The USVTA Facebook page said that the F1 rules would be on the RCTech site. Would someone point me in the right direction to the Official USVTA F1 rules?

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:07 PM   #228
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
The USVTA Facebook page said that the F1 rules would be on the RCTech site. Would someone point me in the right direction to the Official USVTA F1 rules?
New this year for the USVTA Points Championship will be an F1 class. We will be following the basic "UF1" rules which have been most common in the USA. Note: rules may change as we work our way through this first season.

Formula 1 – 2014

Motor: ROAR-Legal 21.5 stock motor with ROAR approved rotors only (25.5 optional).
ESC: ROAR-Legal ESC set on non-boost.
Tires: Rubber only, F1 scale. Must be available to the general public.
Body: F1 scale, molded front/rear wing .
Drive: 2-wheel rear drive cars only
Width: 190mm max
Wheelbase: 270mm max Battery: 2S LiPo or 6-Cell NiMh, long or short packs
Battery Max Voltage: 8.40v
Minimum Weight: 1050g
Minimum Ride Height: 3mm
Suspension: All suspensions allowed, including IFS suspensions
Driving Aids: None allowed

Brushless Motor Rules
ROAR motor rules are used for this racing program- all participants must use ROAR legal and approved 21.5 brushless motors. For a list of legal 21.5 motors visit: http://www.roarracing.org (25.5 optional - see end note)

Tuning Rotors
Tuning rotors are legal in racing, but the rotors must be ROAR legal Stock/Spec tuning rotors approved for the motor for which it was designed. The rotor can’t exceed the maximum length, diameter and magnet thickness designated for Stock/Spec racing under ROAR rules. Tuning rotors may not exceed 12.5mm in diameter. The length of the magnet may not exceed 25mm. Some or most motor manufactures offer tuning rotors that have shorter magnets than 25mm and have smaller diameter magnets closer to 12.3mm. These types of smaller rotors are legal. They are often used to de-tune the motor for certain conditions and grip levels. Most motors come with the maximum diameter rotor and length magnet alrea

Tracks using the 25.5 option will follow USVTA rules - no tuning rotors, Novak motor only

Tires/Wheels
Formula One R/C racing features multiple tire suppliers. Any commercially available (in the US), F1-specific tire may be used. A track may specify a spec tire and/or wheel at their discretion. Any custom/hand-made tires are not allowed. Wheels must be F1 specific, spoked wheels. No additional aerodynamic dish inserts may be used other than the ones supplied with the body kit. Any tire inserts can be used.

Bodies
Any post-2000 (year) Lexan Formula 1 body to be used for racing as long as it is mass-produced and readily available to buy at any retailer. All panels must be painted, which includes side pods (if added separately). Barge boards and airboxes must also be attached and painted. Hard plastic parts like mirrors, side pylons or nose-mounted cameras are encouraged but not mandatory.

Front Wing
Any mass-produced front wing may also be used. It must be the original hard plastic front Tamiya-type wing; no polycarbonate/Lexan wings allowed.

Rear Wing
Any Tamiya-style, hard plastic rear wing may be used. While the center plates and mounting section must remain stock, the side dams can be replaced with Lexan or carbon fiber. The shape can be customized but must retain the original leading and trailing design (leading edge must not extend past the leading edge of the center plate; trailing edge must not extend more than 22mm past the trailing edge of the center plates). The rear wing cannot be higher than the top of the air box. Diffusers are allowed but cannot be higher than the rear axle or protrude past the side dams of the rear wings’ trailing edge.

Body must be completely intact as it was intended by the manufacturer. It cannot be ‘extra’ trimmed along the bottom or cut in a way to be lowered on the chassis. The air intakes may be cut out (in the airbox and side pods) but not bigger than the original scribe marks in the body. A driver’s helmet must be used.

Battery Voltage
Due to safety reasons, all LiPo batteries cannot exceed a max peak voltage of 8.40v. Spot checks will be done if there is any indication that someone is blasting their batteries. Charging bags are recommended but not mandatory.

Suspension Systems
Front and rear independent suspension systems are allowed as long as the car meets the rest of the rules. All front suspension mount points must be located entirely within the body shell (no pan-car front suspension systems). Adjustable link front ends are OK as long as the inner mount point is located within the body. Custom ‘flared’ bodies are not legal.

Driving Aids
No electronic driving aids (gyros, wheel speed sensors, etc.). Transmitter functions are allowed.
Anything not explicitly described in the rules, may be deemed illegal.

**A track may specify the USVTA 25.5 Novak motor instead of the ROAR 21.5 motor due to track size or driveability issues. Points will still be counted as long as all participants use the same motor at the same track.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:44 AM   #229
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thank you for the update. Let the b****ing begin! ��

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:06 AM   #230
Tech Addict

Let the F1 games begin! Thanks to all involved with getting F1 added to the national championship points series.

Mark
Old 07-20-2015, 07:02 AM   #231
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looks like Im going to sign up. Just hope my local track continue to run vta
Team Schumacher USA www.racing-cars.com// Team Sweep Racing Tires USA www.sweepracingusa.com// Hobbywing UK // Atomic USA www.rcatomic.com // SkyRocket Racing www.skyrocketracing.com // UPGRADE RC Products www.upgrade-Rc.com // Champion Hobby // Maj's Hobby // Crispy Critters // AbsoluteHobbyz.com // LAB Motors // Clockwork Racing Engines
Aja Archibald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:10 AM   #232
Tech Champion

Point Standings have been updated!!!
https://sites.google.com/site/nationalusvtapoints/why

Only one more race weekend until the end of the inaugural USVTA National Championship. Looks like Trans AM is locked up but USGT still has an outside shot for second place to take over the lead with a good weekend of racing. We will see how it all plays out.

You can sign up at anytime now for the 2015/16 USVTA National Championship.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:50 AM   #233
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Point Standings have been updated!!!
https://sites.google.com/site/nationalusvtapoints/why

Only one more race weekend until the end of the inaugural USVTA National Championship. Looks like Trans AM is locked up but USGT still has an outside shot for second place to take over the lead with a good weekend of racing. We will see how it all plays out.

You can sign up at anytime now for the 2015/16 USVTA National Championship.
CAN WE KEEP OUR CURRENT VTA#s when we rejoin
Old 07-24-2015, 09:57 AM   #234
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Ok folks its July 15th and we are 2 weeks away from the end of the first ever USVTA National Points Championship. If you would like to sign up for next season of the Championship please feel free to head to our site and submit your payment. https://sites.google.com/site/nationalusvtapoints/

If you are a returning member your racer number will never change. If you are a new member you number will be awarded based on what the next number on our master list is.

This past season we had 70 Trans AM racers and 45 USGT racers score points. The Trans AM championship is all but locked up but the USGT championship will come down to these final 2 weeks. We had racers from all over the country that are in the top 10 in each class which is awesome when you think about it. They might have never raced on the same track but they are still battling it out in the standings.

Also something new for this year in the series we will be adding an USVTA-F1 to the championship. Rules will be inline with the standard F1 rules. Rob will be posting all that information soon.

Again if you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me or ask the question here.
See post #220
Old 07-24-2015, 03:22 PM   #235
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Not trying to be inflammatory but USVTA and UF1 governing bodies should probably try to work together to have a seamless ruleset or else there are going to be issues for track owners and racers alike, trying to figure out which set to follow at any given race.

Edit: I'm mainly talking about motors and tires. I've had this conversation before but UF1 main page states any rubber tire but in practical exercise they limit it to the 571/572(i think those are the correct numbers) TCS tires. Maybe I'm confusing UF1 and UF1Midwest as being a part of the same entity since the Midwest page rules links directly to the UF1 main page which state any rubber tires. Maybe Brad can clarify.
nwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:28 PM   #236
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwagner View Post
Not trying to be inflammatory but USVTA and UF1 governing bodies should probably try to work together to have a seamless ruleset or else there are going to be issues for track owners and racers alike, trying to figure out which set to follow at any given race.

Edit: I'm mainly talking about motors and tires. I've had this conversation before but UF1 main page states any rubber tire but in practical exercise they limit it to the 571/572(i think those are the correct numbers) TCS tires. Maybe I'm confusing UF1 and UF1Midwest as being a part of the same entity since the Midwest page rules links directly to the UF1 main page which state any rubber tires. Maybe Brad can clarify.
From what I've been told, UF1 is defunct. So a non-issue now. I'm sure RobK and KevinK can elaborate.

Mark
Old 07-24-2015, 05:47 PM   #237
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwagner View Post

Nate...What you are saying is true and we agree. First we are not UF1 but under UF1 rules you can earn national points if you are a member and send in the results to us. The rub is that it looks like UF1 and F1 in the midwest is going through a change of going to 25.5 motors from 21.5 motors while other parts of the country are not. Rob and I are looking for a way to grow the USVTA-F1 class/rules as part of the bigger national picture. This is almost like the growing pains that VTA had early on until 25.5 was settled on. The way the rules are structured right now it allows the guys who are on board for 25.5 to take part and the guys who are using 21.5 to also take part. The tire rules are what they are for the same reason. I can tell you that this time a year from now once everything starts to get worked out the rules will be more limited. I hope this helps.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:52 PM   #238
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Roger, Kevin. I know you guys were trying to get a ruleset out for the start of the new season, tough spot to be in when UF1 is in the middle of their rework.
nwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:25 PM   #239
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I don't know if anyone is actively promoting UF1 overall. In southern California, where it started, it's not around. Tuning Haus is doing a series out there, but I don't think they have had an actual UF1 race for a while. As far as I know UF1 Midwest is going in a different direction, if not rolling something out that is not under the "UF1" banner.

At this point we just want to get people bringing cars out to the track and have them run. 21.5 or 25.5, it really is not a concern to us as long as everybody using the same rules generally.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:35 PM   #240
Tech Champion

Points have been updated for what could be the final time for the 2014/15 Championship. There is still a 2 week window to get in results for this weekend and have them count.

The 2015/16 Series will start to earn points starting this weekend Aug 1st. Reminder you must be signed up at the time of the results for the results to count.