R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 06-05-2015, 10:26 PM   #61
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have use & buy Protoform LTCR alot. I have also try moving the body Forward 1mm at a time to test back & forward. The characteristic of the body change with the smallest different.

Blitz GSF For sure don't even drive close to the LTCR. with some measurement with the 2 actual body, the front end of the GSF a lot flatter with a sharper wheel fender. The body line of the door is a lot deeper & wider than the LTCR to give it more down-force feel. At last, the Trunk line is also flatter & sharper to give it more surface area to push down.

the actual feel of the GSF will have more down-force & steering than the LTC-R, but the transition & switch back will be a lot slower than LTC-R. (my opinion)

Blitz LSF just came out, I never try it yet myself, but compare to the GSF & LTCR, again, it's different. it have a lower front end closer to the LTC-R, but the side door panel & trunk retain the shape body line just like the GSF.

for the actual body feel, i will have to find out.

For the actual copy of the protoform LTCR, you are welcome to check out the following link:

3racing
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=6894

A-Plus
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....ducts_id=17528

Race-opts
http://www.race-opt.com/index.php?th...&subcategory=6

Even they are almost the same copy of body line & shape, each one of those still drove a lot different than the orginal LTCR.

So, in the end, if the driver feel that they want the same result of the LTCR, they will buy the protoform.

so for people out that worry about people copying, don't worry again because it almost impossible to copy the well know LTCR characteristics. because many company try & failed. body design can look the same, but actually a lot of small detail will make a difference.
chinamonkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:24 AM   #62
Tech Apprentice

Default lexan quality

Out of interest are Blitz shells made out of the old lexan they used to be made out of?

I ask this because when I used to use Blitz/Titan they were so much more resilient and did not crack like Protoform so easily in a crash
Loheswaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:22 AM   #63
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loheswaran View Post
Out of interest are Blitz shells made out of the old lexan they used to be made out of?

I ask this because when I used to use Blitz/Titan they were so much more resilient and did not crack like Protoform so easily in a crash
Hi Loheswaran,

Yes Blitz still manufactures there bodies using virgin lexan sheet for that extra durability you remember.

Regards,

Kody
Kody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:48 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Switching Bodies

Guys, I switched from the WRX because I needed more down force at my local track. I was curious about the SWEEP bodies and decided to give one a try. I ran the Sweep STC-6 ( similar in handling to the LTC-R but a little less downforce and smoother steering) with a lot of success, but needed a bit more stability / overall grip while maintaining the very good steering of the Sweep body. I decided to go with BLITZ ALS-R and found exactly what I was looking for on-track. I would say it has a bit more grip than the WRX including aggressive, smoother steering. I was limited to the 0.5 thickness, which has a very thin, flexible wing. So, I have questions about the amount of rear grip that can be generated with a standard thickness wing and how it would alter the handling. All in all, i was really impressed with the ALS-R. I was able to drive the car harder and my lap times dropped! BLITZ bodies keep getting better and better.😊 looking forward to running the LSF.
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:13 PM   #65
DBM
Tech Addict

kewdawg, what type of surface/grip level do you run on? I've run all of protoform's current bodies, both of sweep's bodies, as well as the blitz WRX. On my medium/high traction indoor track, I've always liked the sweep STC6 best, but also like the pf ms6, and even use the GX when grip is low. Since you like the ALS-R better than the STC6, I'm quite interested in trying one out.

edit:
I just noticed that the blitz 60218 als-r body is not on the roar T2 body list. This changes things. :/
Old 07-08-2015, 03:21 PM   #66
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
kewdawg, what type of surface/grip level do you run on? I've run all of protoform's current bodies, both of sweep's bodies, as well as the blitz WRX. On my medium/high traction indoor track, I've always liked the sweep STC6 best, but also like the pf ms6, and even use the GX when grip is low. Since you like the ALS-R better than the STC6, I'm quite interested in trying one out.

edit:
I just noticed that the blitz 60218 als-r body is not on the roar T2 body list. This changes things. :/
My home track is a little more than a year old and started off with low grip. This past indoor season was the 1st full season and has seen triple the amount of cars from the previous year. The traction has gradually increased and we had medium low to medium grip for most of the season. The grip increased towards the very end (around March) and has continued to where it goes from medium high to high during the race day. I was using the WRX prematurely. It really wasn't the right body for the job, at the time, but I was familiar with the advertised handling characteristics and wanted to see how it handled compared to other bodies with similar characteristics. I eventually switched out for the Sweep STC-6, since it more closely matched the performance I actually needed. Now, I remember that I tried the Pf DART before going to the ALS-R and found it to be too neutral - lacking the steering and quick handling I needed. Ultimately, it's always about matching the level of traction and the layout to the body and the DART, although, it handled well - just wasn't a match. Since we're still racing during these warm months, the grip has been hovering around high due to the humidity we get in the building. I've had to make a lot of changes to the chassis to keep it from traction rolling and have deviated a little too far from a very good set-up. A body change is in order, so, I will be going back to the more appropriate WRX for the remainder of the Summer Series at the track. All of the other current bodies are now R.O.A.R. legal and I'm sure the ALS-R and LSF will join them.
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:32 AM   #67
DBM
Tech Addict

I do not have a lfs body yet, but I do have a gsf and ltcr. The gsf looks to have a wider deck lid with higher/sharper shoulder line. The deck has more rake to it. It should create more rear downforce. The front of the lfs does look a lot like the ltcr, but if the lsf has the rear of the gsf (which it does, according to blitz), it should be more balanced than the ltcr. I'll order a couple lsf bodies right away to compare.
DBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:26 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002

Body comparison chart June 2015

Body comparison chart June 2014
Sponsored By: Spektrum RC, Horizon Hobby, TLR, Maclan Racing, J Concepts
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:59 AM   #69
Tech Adept

Nick,

What is the current status of ROAR approved BLITZ bodies? as of 8/26/15?
liposkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:22 PM   #70
DBM
Tech Addict

I now have an LSF, GSF, ALS, and WRX.
The LSF is definitely NOT a copy of the LTCR.
I just cut them out tonight and will hopefully paint them tomorrow. There is a chance that I can test them tomorrow. If not, the next practice day is Wednesday. If my car is working well and requires no setup changes between runs, I can possibly run them at my next club race on Monday.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:28 AM   #71
DBM
Tech Addict

Did quick paint jobs on the lsf and als-r and got them on the track yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised with how easy and forgiving both bodies were. Quality of the bodies was also very nice, without the twist/symmetry issues that I've had with my pf bodies.
The als is the most stable body that I have ever used. It lacked steering and responsiveness until I got heat into the front tires. I had to run 2% more dual rate with the als body. It was very confidence indpiring.....I felt that I could drive very agressively without fear of the car getting away from me.
The lsf had more steering, but wasn't darty like the ltcr/gx on turn-in on high traction carpet. Rear was much more stable and predictable than ltcr/gx/ms6/wrx.
After running both blitz bodies a few times, I installed my ms6 body for comparison. I instantly felt like I was lacking confidence in the car....it was less stable. I traction rolled twice in 5 laps, had a spin, and a crash. Needless to say, I ran the lsf and als for the rest of the day. I ended up running the lsf for the first 2 rounds of qualifying, and switched to the als for the second two rounds and the main. Both bodies got compliments, and a club member ordered a couple after seeing mine on the track.
Attached Thumbnails
Blitz Touring Car bodies-20150907_204606%7E01.jpg  
Old 10-27-2015, 08:55 AM   #72
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Just took a look at the ROAR approved bodies list and it looks like the the following are approved:

-LSF (EFRA 4047)
-GSF (60217)
-WRX (60215)
-TSX (60216)

Doesn't look like the ALS-R has received the ROAR stamp of approval. Anybody have a bit of insight into whether that's likely to change?
OriginalDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #73
DBM
Tech Addict

Quick paint job on a GSF last night. Will try it at tonight's practice and will report back on my findings.
Attached Thumbnails
Blitz Touring Car bodies-20151028_005838%7E01.jpg  
Old 11-14-2015, 05:19 AM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Interesting I just found and read the entire thread. Because MS6 bodies are in limited quantity right now I had thought of trying. After reading the first few posts I was excited to see a more affordable alternative. After checking a few spots it appears that since launch the prices are right up to where Proto is.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:40 PM   #75
Tech Rookie

I was wondering how you measure the down force of a 1:10 scale body; do you use a little wind tunnel and micrometers / scientific scales like you would with a full size car or is it just guess work?