R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 07-22-2014, 10:59 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Looks good. Im still very impressed with my GSF .05 body. Ive rolled it a few times and its still holding up well.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002
Thumbs up ROAR LEGAL!!

All four of the Blitz bodies we currently stock are now officially ROAR Legal!!!

Blitz XFR (60211)
Blitz WRX (60215A)
Blitz TSX (60216)
Blitz GSF (60217)

All listed on the ROAR approved body list. We did have to change the part number on 60215A P- to add the letter A by ROAR's request. All the bodies we have sold in the two months under 60215 are the same design and dimensions. ROAR just asked us to add the letter. Next shipment of bodies will have the A in the mold.

BTW - Gridworks - that body looks great in orange!!
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos2002 View Post
All four of the Blitz bodies we currently stock are now officially ROAR Legal!!!

Blitz XFR (60211)
Blitz WRX (60215A)
Blitz TSX (60216)
Blitz GSF (60217)

All listed on the ROAR approved body list. We did have to change the part number on 60215A P- to add the letter A by ROAR's request. All the bodies we have sold in the two months under 60215 are the same design and dimensions. ROAR just asked us to add the letter. Next shipment of bodies will have the A in the mold.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:28 AM   #49
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Just recently painted two bodies. A lightweight Protoform Mazda GX and a GSF 0.5.

My weights are pretty consistent with Gridworks. Both bodies were painted with same single color, very light coats. And just a few decals on each, nothing crazy. GX came in at 89 grams while the GSF came in at 63 grams.

Fairly impressive weight savings considering you have all that body mass up high. I'll need to go back and add weight on my car. Can't wait to give it a try, we'll see how it holds up too...
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002

Thanks Dan, let us know!!
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:43 PM   #51
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know I'm bumping an older topic, sorry for that.

Seeing as our local shops stock mostly Blitz bodies instead of the usual Protoform I was considering getting a Blitz body.

I'm having a hard time finding a list of what Blitz body compares to what Protoform. So far all I've found is that the WRX is the closest to the PF Mazda 6.

What body (Blitz offcourse) would you recommend for a FWD touringcar on a low to medium grip small carpet circuit? Any help would be very much appreciated
Tizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:28 PM   #52
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

So far, the only Blitz body I haven't driven is the GSF. Unfortunately, I've never driven a FWD touring car so my suggestion may be a little inaccurate. That being said, my best guess would be the XFR since I found it to be a little too pushy on the high grip carpet track where I run. The rear end was just a little too stuck for me, but this might prove beneficial for a FWD?

While the WRX seems to generate similar traction levels as a Mazdaspeed6, I find that it's just not as smooth so it often feels like I'm driving at sharp/right angles. The lap times are usually 0.3 seconds slower than the Mazdaspeed6.

The TSX generates a lot of downforce, but is predictable. Unfortunately it feels too locked down and slow. So, it's predictable and slow - not the ideal combination!

For the record, I run boosted 13.5.
Colbynobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:51 PM   #53
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

+1 For the WRX or even the TSX if your setup is good on your FF.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:40 PM   #54
Tech Initiate

Mid corner oversteer is the main problem all FF drivers have on our track. A body that might minimize that problem would be best I think. Maybe this helps with your suggestions?

Racing on a more serious level is pretty new to me, and even though both my FF and my M-chassis (M03M) are easily the fastest cars in their class on our track I still want to learn how to improve my cars.

2014 Dutch National Champ. RC Drift
Tizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:25 PM   #55
Tech Initiate

In case of mid corner oversteer the best way is XFR I think.
Turbokisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:09 AM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default The bodies

Guys the Body Handling Chart, near the bottom of page 2, should clear things up. I've been running the WRX body lately. The BHC is accurate with their breakdown of the body handling characteristics.
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:32 AM   #57
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Bringing this thread back into light!

More and more racers are using the Blitz bodies with great success. Just a few weeks ago the open winner at the 2015 Reedy Race of Champions Felix Law used a Blitz GSF to take the overall win. Over in Europe Lars Hoppe and Henrik Heitsch with many more are consistently making the A main and win in pro stock at ETS series races. US carpet racers have been spotted using the .5 GSF in stock and super stock to try and get that competitive edge over the field. Most recent we've seen a few make the top 3 at ROAR Nationals and MHIC.

Round 4 of the ETS series hosted in Austria Lars Hoppe took a commanding victory in the first 2 using the new Blitz LSF body. LSF provides more steering yet still remains very stable. Its currently being approved by ROAR and we will let you guys know as soon as it is!

Kody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:05 PM   #58
Tech Addict

Kody;

When I look at that Blitz LSF I can only conclude: Blitz is not even trying anymore.

Pretty sad...... in their "effort department" - but then hey.... I finally get to agree with King Barack on something.

Dale Epp - Protoform
Attached Thumbnails
Blitz Touring Car bodies-obama-proclaims.jpg  
Old 06-05-2015, 02:19 PM   #59
No9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Blitz bodies are fantastic i have been using them for 6yrs now in 200mm nitro,1/8 and 190mm really good quality and there design is always on par if not better than protoform.

Supported by MRJ RACING.COM.AU
No9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #60
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
Kody;

When I look at that Blitz LSF I can only conclude: Blitz is not even trying anymore.

Pretty sad...... in their "effort department" - but then hey.... I finally get to agree with King Barack on something.

Dale Epp - Protoform
You mad bro?
Realtek is offline   Reply With Quote