Search
Like Tree4Likes

Blitz Touring Car bodies

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Check out our friends at TQ RC. They have Blitz bodies in stock.
Thanks for the update. As a result, I now have a Blitz TSX and a WRX on their way from TQ Racing. Traction at my track, 5280 Raceway, came up this weekend so I'd say we just crossed over from medium to high traction. I was fighting all weekend to get my cars to rotate. I gave up on the XFR because although it was doing well in the low-speed fast transitions, it was pushing too much on high-speed corner entry. It was never predictable enough in the other spots to get fast, consistent times. Again, I understand that my track conditions aren't what the XFR was designed for. My Mazdaspeed6 was just a tad too stable regardless of what setup changes I threw at it. I'm thinking this is the right show for the Blitz TSX?
Old 06-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Colby - from my understanding - you have the right thinking. WRX should be similar to Mazda6, the TSX - should have bit more steering, so it should be sharper on the track.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Tried out one of my .07 GSF bodies today. It was great. Plenty of steering and rear bite. Got my .05 GSF on the way. Cant wait.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

Colby - from my understanding - you have the right thinking. WRX should be similar to Mazda6, the TSX - should have bit more steering, so it should be sharper on the track.
TSX is between the Mazda 6 and LTC-R. It has good steering and also the rear is very stable, its a great shell.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Qatmix
TSX is between the Mazda 6 and LTC-R. It has good steering and also the rear is very stable, its a great shell.
I'll know for sure by Saturday. My TSX and WRX should hopefully arrive today, so I'll throw a very simple spray job on each tonight in preparation for the weekend. Man, I love testing new bodies! It's like the feeling of getting off the airplane with a new pair of shoes on.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Ran my new TSX against my new WRX last night in my cars. Just for good measure, I ran the PF Mazdaspeed6 for the first run of each car.

The TSX is very much what I'm looking for. It felt like a smoother version of the LTC-R. It rounded the corners easier and I found the rear end to be much more predictable. I instantly matched the fastest laps that were set by my LTC-R and Mazdaspeed6, but where it really came through was in the consistency. I didn't have to fight it as much and during the occasions when I needed to whip the tail around it delivered.

The body characteristics chart that shows the WRX having a faster response time compared to the other Blitz bodies proved true to me. The WRX transitioned quicker through the chicane. It was easy to drive and stable. However, once in the groove it definitely wanted to stay there and due to not being able to drive it as aggressively I made more mistakes with it than the TSX.

I plan to make it back down to the track one more time this weekend. With the recent increase in traction I had been getting frustrated with my cars since it felt like I was driving on tar. The TSX was such a joy to drive that I'm eager to see what it'll do in round 2.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10401...71279844683198
Old 06-28-2014, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's some good information regarding the bodies! Thanks for sharing, we look forward to hearing more.

You were running on carpet, correct?
Old 06-28-2014, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing
That's some good information regarding the bodies! Thanks for sharing, we look forward to hearing more.

You were running on carpet, correct?
Yes, high grip carpet. One car is a boosted 13.5 and the other is a boosted 9.5, so mild mod motors. One car has Sweep QTS32 tires and the other has Team Gravity RC G-Spec type C tires.

I typically flip-flop around on any given night between the Mazdaspeed6 and the LTC-R, though I've also thrown just about every, current, approved-for-racing touring car body into the mix at some point.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Got the chance to run all my bodies this weekend. Surprised at well they all handled back to back. My favorite is still GSF.
Attached Thumbnails Blitz Touring Car bodies-img_0118.jpg   Blitz Touring Car bodies-img_0119.jpg   Blitz Touring Car bodies-img_0120.jpg  
Old 06-30-2014, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Got the chance to run all my bodies this weekend. Surprised at well they all handled back to back. My favorite is still GSF.
What is it about the GSF that makes you prefer it over the others?
Old 06-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Colbynobo
What is it about the GSF that makes you prefer it over the others?
It's feels more agile and aggressive but still smooth. The .07 lightweight bodies are still thicker than normal lightweight bodies but are good when you have two by four barriers to deal with. The .05 that should be on my doorstep today and I will have more info on those.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Have to say the .05 GSF feels better than some other "lightweight" bodies I have seen in the past. I even had one that cracked taking tape off while trying to paint it.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Nick, I have a local friend of mine who just got a kit and it is missing some parts for the shocks and upper bulkhead not being tapped right. I think he emailed you about the parts. Is there anything I can do to help. I don't want him to get discouraged and give up on a car before he gets started with it.

Realized I should have posted in ARC thread instead. Sorry

Last edited by Josh-n-ya; 07-01-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Have to say the .05 GSF feels better than some other "lightweight" bodies I have seen in the past. I even had one that cracked taking tape off while trying to paint it.
Yeah, I did notice that the .08 TSX and WRX are both pretty stout. It does make me think that the .07 and .05 are going to be tough as well. Then again, the durability may not be tested as much by me compared to other bodies since I'm able to drive it more consistently without crashing.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We received Blitz bodies for our shop and I did a quick paint job on the .5mm GSF.

Below is what I wrote on our Facebook:

"We received a shipment of Blitz Racing bodies including the GSF, WRX, TSX and XFR. We were really interested in the .5mm GSF body, so we cracked one open and gave it a quick one (two) color wonder.

The .5mm GSF trimmed, painted with Neon Orange and White and mounted to my chassis (With wing and hardware) weighed in at only 66 grams!"

I would recommend the .5mm GSF body for the more experienced racer and it would fare better in Spec classes than Modified as there will be more deflection at modified speeds.

I also painted a .7mm TSX for myself and with the included wing when trimmed for my car body, it weighed in at 88 grams, which puts it right on par with the PF Lightweight equivalents.

The Blitz body molds, decals, masks and hardware are all top notch and are capable of winning at the highest levels as evidenced my some ETS wins and other top finishes.

Last edited by Gridworks Racing; 08-04-2014 at 10:06 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.