R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #76
Tech Adept
 
Dread Pirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OC/RC Raceway
Posts: 245
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Awesome Tamiya, my favorite car, amazing kit.
Dang, now I have to learn to paint!
__________________
"We face each other as God intended. Sportsman-like. No tricks, skill against skill alone." -Fezzik
Dread Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:19 PM   #77
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Cool Beans
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:16 AM   #78
Tech Master
 
HB Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Surf City, USA
Posts: 1,076
Default

I wouldn't mind winning a Ferrari in Vegas. I was hoping it would be a little bit bigger.
__________________
Bruce "Moose" Riedinger
HB Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:30 PM   #79
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Moose View Post
I wouldn't mind winning a Ferrari in Vegas. I was hoping it would be a little bit bigger.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:17 PM   #80
Tech Master
 
sickboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 1,974
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

.
__________________
Tamiya America www.tamiyausa.com
Team TRF www.teamtrf.com
Pro-Line www.prolineracing.com
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:29 AM   #81
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,416
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Everyone seems to be very quiet here. Everyone must be painting your concourse bodies for the Spec Grand Touring class.

One thing that I wanted to point out. There will be rules regarding this competition so hang tight. Just make sure you sign up for the class or you will not be able to participate in the contest for the Tamiya Enzo Ferrari.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:43 PM   #82
Tech Master
 
HB Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Surf City, USA
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
There will be rules regarding this competition so hang tight. Just make sure you sign up for the class or you will not be able to participate in the contest for the Tamiya Enzo Ferrari.
Great to hear there will be rules. A set of judging criteria would be nice too.
__________________
Bruce "Moose" Riedinger
HB Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #83
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,416
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Moose View Post
Great to hear there will be rules. A set of judging criteria would be nice too.
That is something we are working on. I am just waiting for the final ok before posting.

On a different topic. I am looking for some new driver intro music. What have you heard on the radio, interweb, or those guys who drive by your house with the tunes blasting that sounds like it would work? Drop me a PM if you have suggestions.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:43 PM   #84
Tech Master
 
Johnn27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,613
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Questions?? Spec Grand Touring Class Motor Question???????

Which Tekin Gen2 17.5 motors can we run the 12.3 rpm and or the 12.5 rotor motor or is it our choice??????
Johnn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #85
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,189
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Kraig,

Will the Trinity D4 motors be approved for this year's IIC? Specifically, the 13.5 wind motor for WGT is all that concerns me; but, others may be wondering about the other winds.

Just checking before making a motor purchase.

Many thanks.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #86
Tech Elite
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,018
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Kraig,

Will the Trinity D4 motors be approved for this year's IIC? Specifically, the 13.5 wind motor for WGT is all that concerns me; but, others may be wondering about the other winds.

Just checking before making a motor purchase.

Many thanks.

Bill
Bill, I think I have heard from my cousin's 3rd nephew there is a concern about the magnet strength effecting certain knee replacements joints while using the D4.... therefore it is questionable. Might check with your Dr, but you know how these things are. I heard when you throttle up under this condition that you accidentally give yourself a cup check. This might need to be cleared up, but this sounds scary.

Are you looking for some kind of advantage? Certainly there are several capable D3's laying around.

BTW: havent raced a thing since April and loving summer!

See ya soon!
Brian
__________________
Stay dialed my friends!
www.slapmastertools.com
Team Roche USA
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:56 PM   #87
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,189
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
Bill, I think I have heard from my cousin's 3rd nephew there is a concern about the magnet strength effecting certain knee replacements joints while using the D4.... therefore it is questionable. Might check with your Dr, but you know how these things are. I heard when you throttle up under this condition that you accidentally give yourself a cup check. This might need to be cleared up, but this sounds scary.

Are you looking for some kind of advantage? Certainly there are several capable D3's laying around.

BTW: havent raced a thing since April and loving summer!

See ya soon!
Brian
Brian,

The knee replacement is all Lunsford quality (titanium).

Just purchased a Class A motorhome and plan to be getting to La Center (and beyond) for some rug racing.

Good friends moving to south Washington (near Portland). Brother lives in Portland.

And I gave my boss one year's notice of my resignation a couple month's ago.

You may be seeing me sooner (and more) than you think...LOL

Now...we just have to bug Crashby.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:25 AM   #88
Tech Elite
 
al dente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 5280 Raceway. Denver's finest RC facility
Posts: 4,760
Default

don't be afraid to stop by 5280 raceway in Denver on your rug road trip. we are currently in the process of redoing the subfloor and laying down some fresh CRC HD carpet. we will be putting up last year's vegas layout and it is a great place to come and prep for the IIC.
__________________
Team CRC / Dumper's Speed Shop / Team Scream Racing / Black Art
RC America / FB/FX / Colorado On Road RC Club
5280 Raceway (5280raceway.com) home of the MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 20-23, 2017
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #89
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
don't be afraid to stop by 5280 raceway in Denver on your rug road trip. we are currently in the process of redoing the subfloor and laying down some fresh CRC HD carpet. we will be putting up last year's vegas layout and it is a great place to come and prep for the IIC.
When will the track be ready?
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:14 AM   #90
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,113
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
When will the track be ready?
Hopefully by next Tuesday's club race, but it could get pushed out an extra week. Work starts this Saturday. New rug and new (more rigid and flat) floor should be huge upgrades.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net