R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #556
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

another year at IIC
Was not my best showing but I had fun again and ready for next year
I glad I got to see old Friends and meet a few new one

Also A big THANK YOU to Scott Jarred it was his 1st time at IIC and sat next to me all week. I help him get his car sorted out as he never ran on carpet before. He came up to every one of my heats and put my car down for me.
SO THANK YOU SCOTT
I lost track of him the last day as I had to pack up asap after my runs and did not get to thanl him

Tim
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #557
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racermac73 View Post
Not sure who tossed the trophy but people who race for 20 or 30 years then win a amateur class should be embarrassed to the point of throwing their trophy away
Yeah that kind of stuff kills the turnouts especially at big events. I thought those classes were for non sponsored drivers. I guess a win is that important for some people. I always look to beat the best when they are at their best. That's what I call a win. I take no pleasure in winning a class when I know everybody else is racing for second. I come to every race with that mindset but it doesn't always work out that way. Lol I know how to get wins though...just run classes that I know I have a 90% chance of winning!!
Racer Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #558
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
Yeah that kind of stuff kills the turnouts especially at big events. I thought those classes were for non sponsored drivers. I guess a win is that important for some people. I always look to beat the best when they are at their best. That's what I call a win. I take no pleasure in winning a class when I know everybody else is racing for second. I come to every race with that mindset but it doesn't always work out that way. Lol I know how to get wins though...just run classes that I know I have a 90% chance of winning!!
so your saying there were sponsored guys in the class? I raced in the amateur class this year and did pretty well. 2nd race on carpet and 2nd race at the IIC. Been racing the club scene for about 4 years on asphalt.

when do we draw the line what an amateur racer is? I like the amateur class feels like a very big championship club race from people all over the world. Awesome vacation from work for me!
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #559
Tech Champion

Smile

I guess if you're non sponsored, and racing at club level for less than five years, you're an Amateur... If you're faster than 80% of the sponsored racers, and posted faster times than most of Stock Bmain drivers, then I guess you should not be considered an Amateur...... Just sayin....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #560
Tech Elite

Another amazing week at the IIC, thanks so much to Scotty and the whole IIC Crew, hope Scotty is taking a well deserved nap under his new quilt.

Also anyone got a video of the F1 A Main.... I want to see how bad I hacked Bill Jeric and also wanted to see the battle for the lead sounded like a great race, found my self starting to want to watch from the drivers stand.
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #561
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

All the race videos are archived at LiveRC

http://live.liverc.com/4-IIC_-_Las_Vegas/

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #562
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
All the race videos are archived at LiveRC

http://live.liverc.com/4-IIC_-_Las_Vegas/
still cant find it with the link
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #563
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goots View Post
pick race results and you can see each race report, but the video requires a membership fee.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:58 AM   #564
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goots View Post
Try here: http://www.liverc.com/news/race_resu...s_%5BVIDEO%5D/

Scroll down, all A main results and video are listed.
RC Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #565
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

One of my favorite events of the year. Thanks for all the countless sleepless nights the organizers go through so that I can show up and play. It was certainly an exhausting duo with worlds stacked end to end, but it was awesome to see my couch and shower once again! Current events, I haven't seen a tv in half a month. Guess ebola is a big deal now more then ever. As for spec tires for the 12th scale spec classes, maybe it is time. It works in wgt and tc. As for the big one in wgt, yup, that was me.
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #566
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
... As for spec tires for the 12th scale spec classes, maybe it is time.
I'd take a handout motor over spec tire ... but that is just me. (would probably be cheaper anyways).
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #567
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'd love to see spec tires for 12th
Old 10-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #568
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Racer View Post
When we used to fly to the big events, sometimes taking the trophy back on the airplane wasn't possible. We would peel the plaque off, and give the trophy to one of the kids at the race. Probably not too many kids around the race, but just saying, might not have been as malicious as you think.

I did see Dosick do a totally different thing to a trophy in Cleveland once though, lol.
I get that but i dont think that is the case after the way we found it.
Big White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:46 PM   #569
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I whole-heartedly agree with handout tires for touring car racing, but handouts for 1/12 scale may be a stretch as there can be HUGE differences in pan car setup between racers that are designed around their selection of tires... a car that can successfully run CRC Black/Yellow would have a quite different setup to one running CRC Magenta/Blu, or Ulti X-soft/X-med. I would think that for some racers it would not be as easy to adapt their pan car to a handout tire as it is for a sedan racer to do in touring car, where in nearly every case racers run the same tire on the front and rear during club racing.

One suggestion I would make if there were going to be a handout tire for 1/12 would be to allow one rear tire compound and two front tire compounds, for instance if the handout tire was going to be Pink Rear / Purple Front, allow and have available a second, softer front tire, like a Magenta or Double Pink. That would allow racers used to using softer front tires an out, and hopefully make their cars more compatible with handout tires.

One thing I would appreciate about a handout tire for 1/12 scale is that you wouldn't need as much track time to tune the car. There are now there are SO many different 1/12 scale tires available and at races like the IIC there isn't a lot of track time to test out different sets of tires, so it could make not-to-bright pan car racers like me more consistent.

TOO LONG DIDN'T READ:
I support handout tires in 1/12 scale with two options for the front tire.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #570
Tech Champion

I would not support hand out tires in 1/12th scale. This has been debated many times on RC Tech and it seems from those threads the majority of racers would oppose it. I was against it for WGT and will admit it did work there...but I wouldn't say it works well. WGT cars have a much larger difference in tire width from front to rear than 1/12th has. Not to mention the cars are bigger, slower, and easier to get to handle than 1/12th scale. There would be problems with those running Yokomo cars or cars running the Pro One rear axle. Also you would have to use a rear rim with an off-set like the Jaco because there are some cars that can not be narrowed enough to run BSR/CRC rims. Also I find it easier for me to race if I can cut my tires before going to the race. If I had to cut both WGT and 1/12th tires at the race at this year's IIC I would have ran out of time and missed more runs than I did.
www.apexrc.com - Hawaii's #1 RC Proshop

Share & Like Our Page:https://www.facebook.com/ApexRCProshop
Win free stuff!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote