Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2014 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST >

2014 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Hopefully that does not happen at the IIC. It would be ashamed if the race results were affected by a poor tire glue job.
I would think it would be your own fault if you don't check your tires before a big race. Heck I would add extra glue if it even looked like it may come off.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tessty71
I would think it would be your own fault if you don't check your tires before a big race. Heck I would add extra glue if it even looked like it may come off.
I don't think you understand the issue. It's not a visible issue of the tire missing glue when you take them out of the package. For all intents and purposes they APPEAR to be glued correctly until you run them and see the glue was only applied to the outside of the tire and rim and not the bead which shows clearly no glue was applied to it.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tessty71
I don't think blaming any individual that doesn't glue their tires is the right thing to do here. The fact remains that the glue is not penetrating down to the bead. The circumference seems to be glued but thats merely on the surface. I would have to break the existing glue job just to apply ca to the bead. No new pre-mount should be subjected to such scrutiny. Especially an IIC spec tire.

Last edited by trigger; 09-29-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:18 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

From what the batch we had at 5280 (this could be simply a batch issue mind you, the batch IIC is getting may be properly glued) the tires appeared glued - as others said.

The only way to properly glue them would be to dismount the tire (break the outside glue bead) and then re-glue the bead yourself. Besides the fact you may damage the tire in the process, I believe dismounting tires is kind of against the rules at most races due to the spec nature of the inserts and tire compounds.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

We had a warm up race at Middle River with the tires and nobody had any issues with ungluing. Hopefully the tires for IIC are the same
Old 09-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Ok, I should be caught up on the additions and class changes now that came to me via P.M. I did respond to your message so if you did not get a response from me then the message was lost and please resend it.

Thanks!
Kraig
Old 09-30-2014, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kraig
Ok, I should be caught up on the additions and class changes now that came to me via P.M. I did respond to your message so if you did not get a response from me then the message was lost and please resend it.

Thanks!
Kraig
thanks for all the hard work.
bill secara
Old 10-01-2014, 08:42 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
I don't think you understand the issue. It's not a visible issue of the tire missing glue when you take them out of the package. For all intents and purposes they APPEAR to be glued correctly until you run them and see the glue was only applied to the outside of the tire and rim and not the bead which shows clearly no glue was applied to it.
Originally Posted by trigger
I don't think blaming any individual that doesn't glue their tires is the right thing to do here. The fact remains that the glue is not penetrating down to the bead. The circumference seems to be glued but thats merely on the surface. I would have to break the existing glue job just to apply ca to the bead. No new pre-mount should be subjected to such scrutiny. Especially an IIC spec tire.

Hi all. The fact of the matter is that their were tires sold that had Spotty gluing, we know this now. Obviously i can not glue them all personally. On the latest tires that were used at warm up events i have not had negative feedback on the glue, so i must trust that it is good and proceed with IIC tires.

Feel free to bring your tires to me if you have doubts on the glue. I will be at the event and will be more than happy to help as always with anything.

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi all. The fact of the matter is that their were tires sold that had Spotty gluing, we know this now. Obviously i can not glue them all personally. On the latest tires that were used at warm up events i have not had negative feedback on the glue, so i must trust that it is good and proceed with IIC tires.

Feel free to bring your tires to me if you have doubts on the glue. I will be at the event and will be more than happy to help as always with anything.

Thanks!
Thanks Paul for chiming in and acknowledging the issue. I know you are doing everything possible to provide a quality product and i anticipate trouble free operation from the Gravity tires. See you in Vegas!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Thanks!
Kraig
Not bad. Nearly 300 entries. This doesn't include some of the pro team members correct?

By my count this would be about 36 heats and take nearly 5 hours a round in qualifying. Do we have a entry limit this year?
Old 10-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HB Moose
Not bad. Nearly 300 entries. This doesn't include some of the pro team members correct?

By my count this would be about 36 heats and take nearly 5 hours a round in qualifying. Do we have a entry limit this year?
I am actually seeing 390 entries. What you see are confirmed entries but I see confirmed and unconfirmed ones.

Here is how it breaks down, on my end.
1/12th Modified (15 Entries)
1/12th Stock (41 Entries)
1/12th Super Stock (28 Entries)
Amateur Touring (45 Entries)
Expert WGT (6 Entries)
Formula 1 (29 Entries)
Modified Touring (35 Entries)
Spec Grand Touring (42 Entries)
Stock Touring (78 Entries)
Super Stock Touring (44 Entries)
World GT (27 Entries)

Scotty defines the entry limit. That is why I am asking here that if you want to add or remove a class let us know asap! I don't want you to miss out on the fun we are going to have!
Old 10-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

I am actually seeing 390 entries. What you see are confirmed entries but I see confirmed and unconfirmed ones.

Here is how it breaks down, on my end.
1/12th Modified (15 Entries)
1/12th Stock (41 Entries)
1/12th Super Stock (28 Entries)
Amateur Touring (45 Entries)
Expert WGT (6 Entries)
Formula 1 (29 Entries)
Modified Touring (35 Entries)
Spec Grand Touring (42 Entries)
Stock Touring (78 Entries)
Super Stock Touring (44 Entries)
World GT (27 Entries)

Scotty defines the entry limit. That is why I am asking here that if you want to add or remove a class let us know asap! I don't want you to miss out on the fun we are going to have!
KRAIG,
I would like to sign up for a 2nd class. I sent you a private message.

Thank you,
Old 10-02-2014, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

So any chance of working WiFi trackside this year? Or should I go out and buy a U.S. SIM for my phone?
Old 10-02-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Old 10-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by trackout
So any chance of working WiFi trackside this year? Or should I go out and buy a U.S. SIM for my phone?
The WiFi gets walked on by our 2.4 radio's. I don't know if the latest renditions/versions of WiFi are affected or not. So it would be best to say don't plan on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.